Britney Leaves Rehab ... Not for Long!

3/1/2007 12:17 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Britney Spears took a break from rehab last night, for more rehab.

Sporting a wig underneath a brown hat, Britney was reportedly heading to an AA meeting in Santa Monica last night, smiling all the way.

We're told that Britney, who was escorted into the support group by her assistant, returned to Promises treatment center right after the meeting.

LIZ

I think we need to cut her some slack. I feel so bad for her and people should support her. It sounds like she is suffereing from postpartum depression and she has everyone in her personal bussiness. I would go nuts from that also. The press needs to learn that some times they need to leave the celebrities alone. They are human beings also. Brit I hope you are doing well and on your way to recovery. Wishing you all the best!!

BOBBY

HAS ANYONE THOUGHT THAT MAYBE BRITNEY HAS A CASE OF POST PARTUM. I MEAN THE POOR GIRL HAD 2 BABIES , SEPRATED FROM HER HUSBAND IN A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME . BROOKE SHEILDS HAD IT . WHY HASNT ANYONE THOUGHT OF THAT . EVEN IF SHE IS DRINKING AND PARTYINH STILL THERE IS MORE TO IT .

karen

Dear Britney,Everyone in my family love you.You are an icon and a very special and talented person .Dont let anyone tell you differently.Your life must be living hell when your trying to go through a divorce and have two little babys to protect .Your life and every move is under the microscope of the world ,Being stalked by the paparrazzi must be sheer hell.I personally feel it was a good move to cut your hair all off its a well known fact that if your hair is severely damaged( by probably all the extensions you were putting in),that if you shave it it will come back in thicker and fuller.You are in our prayers britney spears.everyone and i mean everyone has fell flat on there face several times thru there life and deserve the chance and privacy to work things thru .dont believe any of the negativity believe in yourself and those beautiful boys and it will work itself out.

dee

Britney needs some serious help. The media and supporters of her demise are not helping. She needs to come to terms with her addictions and realize that her children need her. Britney cannot deal with her issues as long as she remains in the tabloids. Clearly, she is desparate for help, but doesn't know how to accept it. I say she needs to go in rehab and therapy, to help her deal with it. . . . and she needs to stay out of the media. Let the lady get a clean slate and some breathing room.

TorisMom

I agree with the others that have made the comment that the "big smile" on her face has nothing to do with getting herself clean and learning from her mistakes. It has everything to do with a camera being in her face taking her pictures once again. I have several theories about Brit and some of the things that she does. The episode of her "crying" in the limo for 10 to 20 minutes, no one can be clear on exactly how long it was, could very well have been a stalling tactic to wait until more people arrived and more cameras. Do you really think that she HAD to go to a salon and sit at the mirror so that everyone outside could see what was going on just so she could shave her own head? Please. This is all for attention. I agree that the cameras need to leave Brit alone, but not so she can "heal in peace", simply so that maybe she will understand this is serious and something that she desperately needs to work out. Instead of wanting the attention of the world focused on her she needs to focus on the attention of her kids and be there for them instead of using them as publicity props. I at one time thought that Brit had a good voice, however, like many other celebs who have gotten too big of a head and think that the world cares so much about what they do, I am done with her. She needs real help, not some celeb rehab vacation. If not for herself, then for those kids.

the way it is

I FEEL FOR THE KIDS. GET YOU HEAD OUT OF YOU ASS AND SOBER UP BRITNEY, YOUR BABIES NEED A GOOD MOM, JUST GOES TO SHOW YOU THAT MONEY DOESNT MAKE YOU HAPPY. KFED SHOULD TAKE THEM, SHE DOESNT DESERVE THEM

Tina

I think it's great to see her smiling, I wish her all the best, I personally can relate to some of her problems like so many of us can, so I really feel her. It's a very tough battle to admit you have a problem let alone recieve treatment for yourself so congradulations and I wish her all the succsess of her maraculous recovery.

Jo

I'M SICK OF HEARING ABOUT BRITNEY

kellie

Since when do you leave rehab for an AA meeting? i've never heard that ever!! Just hope she is really trying to get better cause her kids need their mommy!

NancIT

Best Wishes ! Britney, . She does have great Dance Music......

Angela

It's normal to leave any treatment facility to attend AA/NA meetings. Part of getting clean and sober is realising that you're actually not all that special, and that you have more in common with the homeless drunk dude and the crack ho than you might want to admit. If you only hang out with other rich privileged folks in somewhere like Promises, you're gonna have heaps of opportunity to kid yourself that all the other poor lil rich kids are doing it too, it's not so bad, it's not a big deal, yada yada. I just HOPE that TMZ will refrain from publishing photos of the OTHER people at any meetings she goes to. It was terrible to see other people being photographed when LiLo went to meetings... the Anonymous part is really important, and other people's recovery shouldn't be jeopardised just for some magazine photos.

Me

WTF, don't they have AA meetings IN rehab? Why can't they just tell the truth that she ran out to get some Taco Bell and hang out?

Ashley

do ya'll understand rehab or AA? ??? she needs to be around sober people at all times.. They say its post partum but I had a bad case of it, I felt like I could kill someone, BUT NEVER SHAVE MY HEAD... I still think it was drugs, but whatever.. hopes she continues to do good, her babies deserves a "MOMMY".. not a mess..

xbunnyrnr

what a sad little soul

Me

In rehab, you attend meetings that are on site. You also often attend other meetings (sometimes two a day) at other nearby locations.

The first thing I thought is, "She looks healthier than I've seen her in a long, long time."

Don't be so quick to knock her this time. It's a distinct possibility that she was going to a meeting.