CAA Inks

Etheridge-Hating Savage

3/1/2007 3:26 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Savage vs. Melissa EtheridgeHollywood powerhouse talent pimps, Creative Artists Agency, has signed nationally syndicated homophobic radio host Michael Savage for representation in all areas.

Savage, whose real name is Michael Alan Weiner, hosts the conservative radio program "Savage Nation," and just this week, he lashed out against breast cancer survivor/Oscar winner Melissa Etheridge -- for thanking her wife, Tammy Lynn Michaels and their kids during her Academy Awards acceptance speech. Savage said, "I don't like a woman married to a woman. It makes me want to puke. I want to vomit when I hear it. I think it's child abuse."

He further commented on homosexuality saying, "There are people who are sexually confused, who think that they're men when they're women. They're not normal."

Savage's anti-gay tirade, although typical for his radio show, is especially troubling considering Etheridge is also a CAA client! Besides Savage and Etheridge, CAA reps some of the biggest names in the business, including Julia Roberts and Tom Cruise.

Calls to CAA reps were not immediately returned.

Lynn

Quite honestly, Etheridge is disgusting....she acts/looks like a man - she should do us all a favor and just get the damn surgery. As for her "wife" I saw a post-oscar interview iwth the 2 of them, and she is just starving for attention...she kept trying to butt-in the conversation, as if anyone cared. I am not anti-gay...however, I hate homosexuality being shoved down my throat. If people are anti-gay that is by all means their decision and I don't think everyone should make such a big deal out of it.

Tired and Ready for A Nap

Sadly, we live in a country where everyone has a right to their opinion. I don't agree with him, but, he's got the freedom of speech thing in his corner. Now, having said that, my 6 year old was watching the Oscars with me. When Melissa Etheridge won and was walking to the stage, my daughter asked if that was a man or woman. I told her that it was a woman and explained that Ms. Etheridge had undergone treatment for breast cancer and her hair was growing back (which I think it the truth). Then, when she thanked her wife, my daughter said 'Why did she thank her wife? She's a lady.". Let's just say that I had a conversation with my 6 year old that I was thinking didn't have to happen for a few years. I'm not upset about it. It was fine. She is fine. Ms. Etheridge is a very good singer and it does sadden me that people lash out at others for some things that are truly not their business.

Bradical

I agree... he's a Total Ass Bandit.

Karen

Mike Savage is Bill O'Reilly with a weapon - and he shoots to kill. He is a conservative who never heard the term "politically correct". Mike says out loud what most conservations only think. He is a patriot who loves this country and what it USED to stand for. The media in this country has become so far left that more voices from the right need to be heard - loud and clear.

Dick Fitzwell

I have no idea who this radio show host is but why does TMZ care what he says. The liberal media stars always pontificate hate against those on the right so why care if the right does it?

Here is one guy saying this yet when does TMZ ever run stories about how the left demagogues the right and calls them mean spirited things?

Answer is never!

Only thing TMZ will do is shill for Paris Hilton.

And how is it a feud or conflict for CAA to rep him. He's and fellow idiot Etheridge aren't being repped by the same person.

Stephie

I'm going to bet that ME seeks new representation out of CAA very soon! Savage is an idiot, dare I say, worse than Donald Trump???!!!

aarononymous

Hahaha, you should listen to this guy he's a racist too. His program was pulled off the air in my hometown, since they're predominatly hispanic, and he went off one day on a caller from my area telling him to learn how to speak english because the caller had an accent. This guy is a bonafied asshole.

Hoss

The word shoud be "Natural" not "Normal." Anything can become normal but it may not be natural.

Hayley

What an uneducated pig! I can't believe they give people like this their own radio shows! Disgusting.

NoraandNorma

I don't know, but... I kinda felt that was unnecessary for kissing the "wife" I was in utter shock, some people can't stomach this kinda of scene, it was unapproporiate.

Monica Lewinsky

Savage rules.

OPEN UR eyes Lady!

so...if she THINKS she has a wife? does she think that makes her a husband? Sorry for all you Husbands out there if she perceives herself to join those ranks!

wildwoman

He must have an awfully teenie weinie to hate lesbians that much!

Whatever

Well most people don't like fat, ugly bigots who really want to get their freak on with the same sex but don't have the guts to come out of the closet.

Pam The Real Pam

I agree with him, that comment grossed me out. I can't believe Savage is caving.