Anna's Mom Tries to Stop Funeral!

3/2/2007 12:47 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: A Bahamian judge is currently hearing arguments from Virgie's attorneys. The petition hearing began at 10:30 AM EST. The judge will make a decision this morning, based on the arguments.

TMZ has confirmed that lawyers for Anna Nicole Smith's mother, Virgie Arthur, have filed a petition in a Bahamas court, essentially trying to stop the funeral before Anna's body is buried.

Currently, the hearse carrying Anna's body has come to a stop, just yards from the church where the funeral is set to take place.

Story developing ...

Previous 15 Comments | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32

Vina Yan

I take my eyes away from this story for a few hours and bingo!!! Vergie Arthur has something up her crass, coarse, low class, sleeves. I am certain she will try to keep her 15 seconds of fame as long as she possibly can....it sure pays well in the form of limos etc...a lifestyle her daughter had but she herself could not afford...well maybe she can get it at her dead daughter's expense.

CAW

There sure is a lot of "Brain Dead" people on this board! Very fallacious! Have you ever heard of the old saying "Sweep off your own door step"? To come on here and use such "Potty" words against someone that you do not know is, in my opinion, the most uneducated stuped person that has no reality of their own!

Give this little family a chance to get their rights and life back! The so called people in Anna's life that is coming on tv and claiming to be her friends is NOT! If they were her true friend they would had gotten her help! Example: Cry baby lady that testified at the awful trial. They knew what was going on! Kimmie needs to face her maker and get on the ball and go to the FBI and tell them the whole truth about Howard Stern. Others should follow! Do you sorry people that are on here bashing Ms. Arthur for what you think that she did or didn't do for her daughter is any better then the ones that were close to Anna that did nothing? I would call that so called BOE and wife enablers too!

Our courts here in America has failed this whole family. They had a chance to right a wrong and failed! Now it is easy for them to pass the buck because they know that the Bahama goverment, etc, can be bought off! They are evil! I am just hopeing that some how a miracle happens and this little family can take their love ones back home with them. How are you going to feel when the Bahaman goverment takes Dannielynn into their custody and raises her there? They will have total control over all that so called money!! Then how are you going to feel? Think about it! They have the power now! Little o Howard Stern can be kicked out of their country and will not be allowed to take Dannielynn with him! No one!

Sharon

I can't believe how some people are talking about Virgie. What do you think she is suppose to do? Just let people take over her family? Howard is not married to Anna. He is under investigation for murder. He will not take a DNA test, but I guess this is all ok. He is the one making deals with ET for the so called private funeral. Her son Daniel just went to visit his mother and new born sister when he died. He was living in California. So I guess when you go to another country to visit and die that is where you are to be buried and your family has no say so in it. Remember Anna did not state in writing that she wanted to be buried in the Bahamas, just hear say to benefit Howard. Just think how would you feel if this happened to your family member. Would you just let them stay in another country? Did you ever think that if Larry is the father of the baby, he lives in California and therefore she will have to take a plane to visit the grave of her mother and brother. If Anna hated her Mom so much, why did she call her to tell her that Daniel died? I think Virgie is 100% right in her fight.

susan

Your evil!!! LET HER GO

IGOR

IT IS BEYOND COMPRENHENSION TO SEE THIS LADY TRYING TO UPSTAGE HER OWN DAUGHTER'S FUNERAL, TO TAKE ADVANTAGE WITHOUT SHAME OF THE MEDIA FRENZY SURROUNDING THE SAD DEATH OF ANNA AND HER SON.
SINCE COMPASSION IS AN ESSENTIAL COMPONENT OF HUMANITY; WHERE CAN WE PLACE SUCH A RESENTFUL MOTHER.
THE CRUEL LITIGATIONS REGARDING ANNA'S BODY VALIDATE ALL TOO WELL ANNA'S VIDEOS DESCRIBING VIRGIE
WE NEED THE GOVERNMENT OF THE BAHAMAS TO STEP IN TO PROTECT CITIZEN DANIELYN FROM GRANDMOTHER DEAREST!

biznest

Mommie Dearest and her high powered attorney are seeing $$$ signs. Who ever gets the body gets the right to claim the estate. Howard is the only one protecting Dannielynn from their greedy clutches.

This Is Crazy

Vigie should have stopped the funeral and had every right to. She is her Mother's blood kin. HKS just had the money to pay off the people over there to be on his side so they could also make money on her grave as was seen on TV from taxie drivers saying they were making very good money from people wanting to go see her grave. SICK and disgraceful to pay to see a grave. Whole so called "Over the Top Funeral" was SICK, DISGRACEFUL and a SHOW to make money. Sure was far from pretty with all the things they had. Pink blanket was so ugly and looked bad on casket. ANS left her son lying in morgue longer then she was in morgue. Also half ashes of her dead husband was left in funeral for 5 years. Show putting them in casket. Mr. P. (medical examiner) said on TV her body was in good shape and could have been viewed at funeral. James Brown hasn't got rot on it yet as far as I hear on TV and he has been dead since Christmas ,not buried. Her Mom should haven't gotten her body and buried it were she wants it. And then bring her grandson back to US and bury beside his Mom. So Dannylynn does not have to travel overseas to visit her Mom and brothers grave. HKS is the guy that is "Let's make a Deal" with baby Dannylynn. That baby needs to be gotten out of his reach and with someone that loves and cares for her.

Jacquelyn

Hello Virgie and Family, I read it from you many times. I heard about your and your Family many times. I know How you feel. I know Whatever you mean. I am sorry about it.

You have to understand about Anna's Last Wish. Anna loves Bahamas. She has found it For Peace. She really wants quiet and peace. It is For Her Family ..Only. She wanted to live in Bahamas Forever. She was very happy about New House and Family. But, She lost Her Son. It changed Her Life. She could not live without her Son Forever.

But, It is the New Law Now. Because Everything changed now.

But, You can not do it for Anna and Her Son too. You can not fight back for Getting Back both of them. I believe you make a Big Mistake about Everything. Please Leave them in Bahamas. Anna and Her Son are at peace now.

Anna and Her Son are in Heaven Forever. They are happy.... Together Forever.

God Bless Them. Be Happy Forever.

From Good Friend

MELINDA

virgie, you are a example of what a mother from hell is. you do not show a mother's love in any way that i have seen. you and her cousin that came from texas like a thief in the night has done nothing but steal from anna and cause her pain. when does it end. not by you being a loving grandmother to back off. you want attention at your daughters expense. very sad! mother dearest as anna called you.

patty

I am a Mother myself of 3 daughters who are 23, 21, and 19, "if" we should ever become estranged, I would NEVER EVER stop loving them. If I lost my grandson and then my daughter and this man was around both times, I would continue to fight to have my baby girl and grandson buried in the US where they were born and raised. HKS was only in the Bahamas so he could list himself as the baby's father and perhaps not have to take a dna test. Games over now Howard, let the baby take the test. My opinion is Larry is the father and has been trying to prove it. I hope Larry allows Vergie and family to be a big part of her life. God Bless all of you.

Virgie Hater

Virgie you relentless fat bitch...............

Previous 15 Comments | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32