Anna's Mom Tries to Stop Funeral!

3/2/2007 12:47 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: A Bahamian judge is currently hearing arguments from Virgie's attorneys. The petition hearing began at 10:30 AM EST. The judge will make a decision this morning, based on the arguments.

TMZ has confirmed that lawyers for Anna Nicole Smith's mother, Virgie Arthur, have filed a petition in a Bahamas court, essentially trying to stop the funeral before Anna's body is buried.

Currently, the hearse carrying Anna's body has come to a stop, just yards from the church where the funeral is set to take place.

Story developing ...

Mary

It's no wonder Anna hated her mother, how dare her try and stop a funeral. She ought to be ashamed of herself for doing this..What a bitch!!!!

Janice

This is her daughter and Grandson. She truly believes howard killed them.
If that were my child I would not give that jerk howard one minute of peace

Disappointed and Disgusted

I feel for Virgie, but she needs to let ANS be laid to rest..... this is such a media circus.....

chickie61

The mother is a media whore! I understand as a mother I would want my child near my home but damn it's been 3 weeks since ANS died. At some point you have to just say, let her rest with her son. Thats what she wanted anyway.

dwood7219

This sorry excuse for a mother is only trying to fulfil her own sick desires without any regard or repsect to her daughter. She even has the balls to be late to her funeral- in a strtech limo that is being paid for by who?? She deserves cheers? I think she deserves a one way bus ticket back to the Texas trailer park where she obviously belongs.

Frank

Anna would have loved this...so much attention...and she liked to make an entrance!

Sad

STOP that funeral now. Don't let Howard keep Anna there! SCREW Howard and ET!!!!

patce

I thought Anna made it CLEAR about her Mother being evil, will she (Vergie) has upstage herself as the WORST MOTHER ON EARTH! This is sickning!

Jean

They are all white trash trailer parkers!!!!!

Lisa

I hope you are squirming Howie the Coward Stern, b/c even Donald Trump knows what you are.

Fourth Grade Mathmatician

Her brest implants will last until 2057, according to medical experts.

Kate

After learning last night that there were 7 life insurance policies which Howard gets (since Daniel is dead), I'm with Virgie on this -- I believe Howard killed her daughter and her grandson.

I also believe that Howard influenced Anna completely, especially after Daniel died. She was so drugged up -- all he had to do was "say this" and "say that" and she'd do it. I don't think she knew what was up or down at the end.

He also influenced her to go to the Bahamas because he knew of their laws and how they favored him. ET is paying Howard big bucks via an outsourcing firm -- $3M for the funeral.

If he doesn't get indicted for murder -- there will also be be wrongful death lawsuits.

In addition, he's trying to strong arm Larry into agreements. Howard is a snake.

Elli

This woman is unbelieveable! It's time to let it go! She should have fought that hard for her daughter when she was alive!

Judy

If it was my daughter I would respect her wishes. I would remember how hurt and sad Anna was after Daniel passed away............she will never find forgiveness from Anna in this life or the next for what she is doing...............let her go,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no wonder Anna kept her distance from this women, mother or not doesn't make what she is doing right....

Icequeen

WTFFFF!!!! That Woman is Nuts, Let anna rest in peace already. I am starting not to like her mom, And I am starting to believe what anna was saying about her. That Bitch is so damn dirty that she won't let her daughter get buried :mad: