Elisabeth: "Rosie and I Are Friends"

3/2/2007 2:18 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Elisabeth Hasselbeck set the record, er, straight regarding reports that she is being bullied off "The View" by Rosie O'Donnell.
Elisabeth on Rosie: Click to hear
Earlier this week, the motormouth mamas got into a heated tiff over The Patriot Act, which allegedly left Elisabeth in tears backstage. While rumors swirled that "her days were numbered," Hasselbeck told L.A. radio station Star 98.7's Valentine and Lisa Foxx, "Rosie and I are friends." Define friends! Hasselbeck added that she and Rosie, despite political differences, have "a lot in common," and that the reason the women on the show can talk about such controversial topics is because "there is respect at that table." Is that what you call it?!

In an obvious reference to her previous stint on "Survivor," Elisabeth did admit that being the lone conservative voice on the show can make her feel like she's "out on an island sometimes."

Somehow, sleep deprivation and barbecuing rats seem like paradise compared to sitting with "The View" yentas every day!

Jacki

I am not a fan of Rosie but do feel that Elizabeth needs to grow up and allow others their right of opinion. She must learn to listen and give others a chance to speak. She is very narrow minded about her views on everything and feels above everyone morally and ethically. If that is the way she feels, fine but why keep broadcasting it and imposing it on her partners on the view. Grow up Elizabeth and think before you speak.

Pat

I quit watching the view after about three weeks of rosie, rosie has no class and doesnt think anything of hurting peoples feeling WHO does she think she is???? I have also lost some respect for Barbara for allowing this to happen and to continute to go on. I always watched Barbara,s specials and enjoyed the view for the last three years are so but I will not watch the view as long as rosie is on it.

CYNDY

I THINK THE VIEW IS VERY NARROW MINDED EXCEPT FOR ELIZABETH. ROSIE SHOULD HAVE STAYED ON HER OWN SHOW INSTEAD OF TRYING TO RUIN OTHER LIVES LIKE STAR AND ELIZABETH. ANY RESPECT I HAD FOR BARBARA IS LONG GONE, WHEN SHE LETS A LOUD MOUTH INCONSIDERATE PERSON LIKE ROSIE RUN THE SHOW BECAUSE IT IS"POLICALLY CORRECT" ROSIE WILL HAVE A WHOLE LOT TO ANSWER FOR SOMEDAY AS WE ALL WILL!

Tina

I think they should just drop the whole"hot topics" segment...it just causes too many arguments..She(Rosie) shouldnt ask"any thoughts" if she is gonna call people names cuz she doesnt agree with them. Joy could have cooled the situation down but she just added fuel to the fire..I felt sorry for Elizabeth...Also if you go to ABC.com then go the views site notice all the hosts have a e-mail address so u can e-mail them...All except ROSIE...hmmm..I wonder why..Too much Hate Mail perhaps...

Art

I think it is time that Progreesive Insurance hires Rosie. She can be the female Neanderthal that she is in real life.

Sharon

Rosie needs to go!!! The show has gone down hill ever since she came along. I have said this before, Elizabeth is a nice breath of spring air added to the show - she equals out Joy and Rose - even Joy has gotten nastier since Rosie joined. I was a huge fan, and once Rosie came along I no longer watch until I happen to find out that Rosie is out that day. If Elizabeth should leave that would be a real shame. Rosie will stay because she is friends with Barbara.

Chris H.

RO is an obnoxious pig who needs to shut up and get lost. There are
already enough cretins on TV. We can all have a better day without
this mentally defective hogbeast polluting the medium.

Rose

Rosie is trash - fat, ugly and has a mouth of a drunk truck driver. Loves insulting others and blabing off for stupid reasons. As if she was perfect!! Barbara has been intelligent and a classy lady, but by hiring Rosie and putting up with the weekly tandrums, her reputation is in the gutter. Many people I know used to watch The View, including myself, but watch no more. If I want to watch ignorant trash, I can easily watch Jerry Springer, both shows are hollow and a waste of time! Rosie, go back to your lesbian cruises to keep yourself busy!

Julie C

I have to say that I think Rosie has gone over the edge, we all have different opinions, and most of us can discuss them with some maturity, Rosie needs to attack, point out that EVERYONE else is wrong, can it be this woman is the only right one in the world? I find that hard to believe...I think Elizabeth will stay, but the producers of this show need to get a hold of things, or are they really enjoying all the publicity? After all, we are all buzzing about the View aren't we? What a one-sided show this is becoming...Rosie's show. She has gone over the edge several times before, becomes completly involved in things that go on in the world, now she thinks she should run the world and our opinions, stand down a bit Rosie...this is bordering on the riduculous again.

Go Elizabeth!

Joe

the show and all those women suck...

Sandra B. Ward

I stopped watching the view when Starr left. It would be a perfect show with Meredith, Starr and Barbara. Rosie is trying to promote her SINFUL and DISGUSTING lifestyle via the television. Sin is Sin any day of the week and rosie is wrong everyday of the week.

sharon

The view just needs to go away period!!!! Such childish women, first starr, now rosie, now elizabeth, please all of you just go away. Mereidith was the only smart one. leaving the show, and good luck to you Joy, get away from all these other women, including barbara walters.

Dan

Rosie, being the Bully that she is, now digging at Elisz.
But all said and done , Rosie is a fat disgusting Pig.
And that is being nice.

Nasreen

Rosie, what happened to tolerance and freedom of speech?; there is a difference between disagreeing and disrespect....

GAYLE REYNOLDS

I LIKE THE VIEW - AND TRY TO WATCH EVERY DAY - NO ONE IS MORE OPIONATED THAN ELISABETH - I DON'T THINK EITHER ONE SHOULD LEAVE - I REALLY GET TIRED OF THE MEDIA MAKING SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING ALL THE TIME...