Her Milkshake Brings All the Cops to the (Jail)Yard

3/2/2007 2:19 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Singer Kelis was arrested early Friday morning in Miami Beach after screaming racial obscenities at two female police officers who were posing as prostitutes. Damn. She's bossy!

The officers were working an undercover operation in South Beach, when cops say Kelis started screaming racial slurs at the women. She continued screaming and rushed toward them, and had to be restrained by friends, a police report said. According to the report, Kelis' "actions caused people walking by to stop and form a crowd. The sidewalk was blocked by the disturbance, causing people to walk in the street and causing traffic to stop."

Kelis, the wife of rapper Nas, was charged with two misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and for resisting arrest.

A rep for Kelis had no comment.

dee

Hello,
Why did Kelis yell and scream at the under cover officers? Did she know they were officers or is that just what she does?

Shayla

Usually it's black people to get shot ...not white...Thank you...This was not about color..THis was about money

Tavi

All I have to say is that even though wat Kelis might have said is wrong that does not give most of the people who r posting comments to b so harsh. Half the things I've read here are far worse than any racial remarks Kelis could of said. And on top of that jus because she's BLACK has nothing to do with how the police handled the situation. And for those who claim that Kelis is a "nobody faux-celebrity " count the CD's and how hard they've hit the charts boo, number don't lie. I bet all of yall was glued to the t.v. when that Anna Nicole stuff was goin on, yall probably even 4got that it was black history month. I'm Gone.

Jennifer

#3, I totally agree with you. Let the tables be turned and Sharpton would be on the news talkin abt it! Double standards...its sick.

maxcbabie

You know what the same thing happened with Mel Gibson and what she did or said I am sure is no better. So what's the big deal. She said it, she may have meant it and life goes on. You may not know who she is but I am certain you shake your booty to her song my milk shake brings all the boys . I don't listen to rap either but I have heard her song when it was hot on the air. If she was not a star we would not be talking about it or hearing about it for that matter. There is one in every race or maybe one in every house hold. So don't be so quick to judge. I can give you a list of them that made the news right. That guy Kramer is another so please people. Cut the crap out because she happens to be someone that is of the African American hip hop culture. Get a life!

Tavi

At first my only prob was that ppl were hatin' on Kelis, but now I c that it goes MUCH deeper. It is the year 2007 and ppl are still ignorant about race. Not only is there a huge difference between N**** and Cracker it makes no sense that ADULTS can't see it. U r suppose to be setting an example for the next generation but all u r really doing is setin us back to a time were race really did make the biggest difference in everyday life. It is completely wrong and I knw that if I can c it and I'm only 17, other ppl who r much older and wiser than me can c it also. Come on get wit the time, get your head out your ass, and concentrate on things that actually matter.

Netosha

Some of these comments are sad...sounds like some people are harboring bitterness and resentment towards blacks and little incidents like these bring the truth--as ugly as it may be--to light...so sad, I'll pray for you all : )

Jennifer

To everyone leavin comments abt the white...get a grip! I am half white and black. The matter of the fact is that she BROKE THE LAW! Yeah, alot of the comments were off the wall, but to sit here and call peeps Honky's (#198) goes to show that u are NO DIFFERENT than they are. Oh, and learn how to spell b4 u post things. And yeah, I would say what Im sayin on here to her face. I dont back down from NO-ONE. White, blk, green, blue, yellow. Race dont matter to me. This is why the world is messed up now. People are people and we all make mistakes. If we could all get past lookin at peeps skin color, the world would be a better place. This is 2007, not 1930's. Oh, and taking her kids away is a lil harsh dont ya think?

mike jaslow

she should definitely shave her head. That seems to be working these days for other cracked out celebs. looking foward to seeing her in a reality show. doing junk like this off cam leaves a promising success for when the cams are rolling. crazy bitch.

Mr Heckler

MOST OF YOU GUYS ARE TOTALLY WRONG. FOR ONE THING THE PROSTITUTES WERE BLACK. KELIS IS NOT AFRICAN AMERICAN BUT IRANIAN ح.قيقت ايرانى YOU KNOW THE PEOPLE THAT BLEW UP OUR WORLD TRADE CENTER. SO FOLKS ITS NOT A BLACK OR WHITE THING. HOWEVER ITS A MATTER OF CHARACTER AND NOT TOO MANY PEOPLE HAVE IT. ALL YOU SAD LITTLE RACISTS HERE MAKING ASSUMPTIONS. BUT THE WHOLE POINT OF THE MATTER IS KELIS IS A LITTLE RICH B*%@H JUST LIKE PARIS AND HER SISTER THAT DAMN FOXY BROWN AND THE REST OF THE WHORES WITH NO MORALS. AND SHAME ON TMZ FOR REPORTING THIS WITHOUT ALL THE FACTS.

HA HA

There is a little bit of racism in all of us some more than others. why is this whole thing bigger than what it is who cares if you are famous a crime is a crime she scrwed up it nobodys problem but her own. All of you on here judging like your high an mighty. An police sellin p***y is a crime aint it, tricking people to lock them up isnt right.And to some of you serious racists on here I hope none of you make the mistake of barking up
the wrong tree.

Everyone of you should realize we are a race of human people not colors we all bleed red.We can fight our wars over seas together but we cant be a nation of people together.

tata

i think all of the previous comments show that she is not the only ignorant fool.it does not matter what race she is if the comments she made were racist then she is wrong and got arrested for her crime.however the article does not say what was said to her to provoke such an attack,but of coursenot becaause shes black

SUPANOVA

FOR ALL YOU DUMB COMMENTER'S.

WE WILL CONTINUE TO EXPERIENCE AND SUFFER THE WRATH OF THE CAUCASIAN WITH CARELESS ATTITUDES LIKE YOURS. THERE IS NO MENTION OF WHAT THE TWO CAUCASIAN POLICEWOMEN DRESSED UNDERCOVER DID TO SET THIS SISTAH OFF. BLACK FOLKS ACTING JUST LIKE THEM AND SCARED OF THEM STILL TOO, I CAN TELL BY YOUR COMMENTS BECAUSE YOU NEVER PRAISE, SUPPORT OR SHOW CONCERN. JUST HATE AND CONDEMN JUST LIKE THEY TAUGHT US AND WANT US TO BE.

BIG UPS KELIS, TO YOU AND NAS I SUPPORT YOU BOTH IN YOUR SUCCESS. MAY THE UNIVERSE CONTINUE TO BLESS AN PROTECT YOU BOTH AND US ALL. ASHE.
I AFFIRM GREATER CONSCIOUSNESS AND LOVE FOR ALL .

SUPANOVA
AMENTA

nyla

i feel this is just a way to get free publicity for there up coming reality show. Now once the show airs people will remember her name and tune in to watch. That is people who have no life and really care about what goes on in the personal lives of others that they don't even know.... REALITY SHOWS ARE FOR PEOPLE WITHOUT A LIVE OF THERE OWN!!!!

BIG NUT

ALL YOU'LL LITTLE SO CALLED POLLITICALLY CORRECT WHITE CHILDREN THAT THINK EVERYTIME A BLACK PERSON SAYS SOMETHING RACIAL THAT IT SHOULD BE COMPARED TO SOMETHING RACIAL TAHT ONE OF YOUR OWN KIND SAID NO MATTER WHAT SHE SAID IT CAN'T COMPARED TO WHAT MICHEAL RICHARDS, MEL GIBSON, OR PARIS HILLTON, I COULD GO ON AN ON POINT BLANK YOU'LL HAD 400 YEARS OF RACIALLY MOTIVATED THINGS THAT THE SO CALLED GREAT WHITE RACE DID SO IF A BLACK PERSON DECIDES TO HAVE FLASHBACK AND CALL ONE OF YOU'LL A CRACKER, OR WHITE BREAD LOL SO WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!