TV is So Easy, Even a Caveman Can Do It

3/2/2007 2:02 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

CavemanABC is looking to an unlikely place to find the next big television show: Geico TV commercials.

Yes, the net is developing a half-hour comedy based on the cavemen characters from the popular insurance ads. The show would revolve around three pre-historic men who must battle prejudice as they live their day-to-day lives in modern Atlanta. Who smells Emmy?

The Geico spots feature cavemen pissed off over Geico's slogan for its website: "So easy, a caveman can do it." At least they didn't try and make a show out of that stupid gecko, although that's probably next.

Helldorado

Anybody else remember Phil Hartman's SNL character 'Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer'?

QV

Great! I love those commercials :-)

SJ

To #10. You should be ashamed or yourself. You are just prejudiced against cavemen. Why? Do you think they aren't talented enough to pull this thing off? They have made such great contributions to our world. The wheel....the loincloth....the club....the inspiration for the razor not to mention soap and deodorant. Even primates have become respected members of the entertainment community (witness King Kong) and cavemen are eons more advanced than they are not to mention Jessica Simpson. It's so sad we live in such a world or intolerance. I hope they hire Jackie Childs as their attorney to combat the prejudicial attitudes of individuals like you. You sicken me.

lisa z

I love those commercials that make me laugh everytime I see it, they are great.

U.S.C.

With TiVo who watches commercials now??????????

wink

GOOD advertising .................................and besides my car insurance money helps pay for it.............! ! !................ I luv the latest one where the Cave guy has his tennis racket over his shoulder...............priceless

daisy

Let us all get the little green guy back ....He is sweet ......

karen

please god no.... those commercials are played out. hate them.

Larry

I LOVE these commercials. Some of the best on TV. I can't stand those "Head-On" commercials. I switch the TV immediately when they come on, but the cavemen from Geico is GREAT, especially the Little Richard, and Physiologist ones.

Tamra

Yeah... Cavemen are pretty good.. Gotta love the 'therapist' commercial.

But I gotta say... "stupid gecko" ..??? oh, Come On !! I love the little guy

And #14... I laughed soooooooo hard at your comment.. you go.

amyg

I would like to see them be the "special in-booth guests" on Monday Night Football. That would be an absolute riot!!!!!

fdodgerfan

The commercials are ok, but a tv show? Give me a break, dumb idea, tv executives are grasping at straws.

Luna

I just hope ABC doesn't screw it up.

Do 1

I think it's a funny idea. How it will be done though remains to be seen. Have you ever hung out at the caveman's apartment? It's at cavemanscrib.com Toooooo funny.

linda Jackson

STUPID!! Nothing funny even slightly. Those who think it is, must be related!