TV is So Easy, Even a Caveman Can Do It

3/2/2007 2:02 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

CavemanABC is looking to an unlikely place to find the next big television show: Geico TV commercials.

Yes, the net is developing a half-hour comedy based on the cavemen characters from the popular insurance ads. The show would revolve around three pre-historic men who must battle prejudice as they live their day-to-day lives in modern Atlanta. Who smells Emmy?

The Geico spots feature cavemen pissed off over Geico's slogan for its website: "So easy, a caveman can do it." At least they didn't try and make a show out of that stupid gecko, although that's probably next.

Shirley S.

I THINK THE ADVERTISEMENT WITH THOSE SO CALLED MONKEY'S OR WHAT EVER IS PATHETIC. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE ALL OF THEM GO. GET REAL PEOPLE DO DO THE AD'S. I WILL NOT WATCH THEM PERIOD.

Rebecka

Not everyone thinks these commercials are humorous! They are totally annoying, over-rated, and I am tired of seeing them! Enough already!

tridiv

Anglo-Americans are always looking for a way to NOT be PC. This way you can all guffaw in public instead of the usual nudge-nudge, wink-wink!

uniformsformilitarypersonnelonly

GEICO CAVEMAN ADS ARE FRIGGIN' G E N I U S !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maria

I must say, I really do not like these commercials, and I don't like the idea of a show being built around them. Not that I don't have a sense of humor and am overly serious or something, but it just makes me think of how white people can be smug and condescending towards minorities that "complain" of prejudice and of being discriminated against, just like how the humans are towards the cavemen in the ads. The ads almost (notice how I said almost) condone that type of behavior and make people who "complain" of prejudice look silly. And the show will be set in Atlanta, of all places, with its high black population and history. The ads and the idea of a show seriously make me cringe. Who knows though; maybe it could be done tastefully, but I doubt it.
Just a thought.

If anybody is looking for a great premise to build a great comdey around, check out http://www.blackpeopleloveus.com/index.html. Now THAT is comedy, not this caveman stuff.

Christina

YES!! More reason for me to stay a couch potater!!! I love these commercials:)

Can't wait to see it. Best news I heard all week!!!!

Ru

LOL! I love those dudes. They kill me everytime even if I have already seen the commerical. Thats the best news all week TMZ. Cave dudes rock!

Matt Willey

#33 are cavemen a little fetish you have?? yea.. wow alot of people like the idea... you kno wut?? BUSH IS PRESIDENT!! what is that sayin about most people?? they are morons and that if this is seriously a show, im going to sue for emotional distress because no one needs a whole TV show or should i say giant advertisement for geico about a bunch of damn cavemen... u want cavemen watch some Fraggle rock, screw these goofy lookin bastards, R.I.P. ABC

Dawn

I look forward to watching the show i hope its as entertaining as their commercials i like how it reminds the world of the history of the white man i only hope that they keep it authentic and have them grunting groaning eating raw flesh howling at the moon having sex with dogs and running around looking for fire

Ayla of no people

I love the commercials, but I am a huge fan of the Earth's Children Series and love Neandertals. (Clan of the Cave Bear, et.al by Jean M. Auel)

I don't think this would make a great long running show, but a one season show would rock.

I love the commercial when he is at the therapist office. I so want to see his mother come in and give someone hell.lol

Some people are just too very uptight. I am referring to the person above who said they were Monkeys or Something. How uneducated can one be?

This could really be a great show about prejudice. Just not a long running one.

Jim

TV has finally evolved. Rosie O'Donnell could be one of the wives and no make up would be needed.

caitlin

They HAVE to use the cavemen from the commercials! I mean, "roast duck with mango salsa?" How can you not stick with the winners? Can't wait for the show!!!

chantell

Those commercials keep me laughing everytime I see one. But the caveman at the airport , he is the best one of them all. I love all his commercials. The other caveman just don't have the personality or attitude like him. He is the best one. I love that caveman he is great. He is a natural.

Rascal

Just proves anybody can put any trash on TV. Dumbo's will watch anything.

Ariel

THANK GOD! I LOVE these guys! Now that Arrested Development is cancelled, it's about all I look forward to on TV! Praise Cavemen, Praise the Dinosaurs!