TV is So Easy, Even a Caveman Can Do It

3/2/2007 2:02 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

CavemanABC is looking to an unlikely place to find the next big television show: Geico TV commercials.

Yes, the net is developing a half-hour comedy based on the cavemen characters from the popular insurance ads. The show would revolve around three pre-historic men who must battle prejudice as they live their day-to-day lives in modern Atlanta. Who smells Emmy?

The Geico spots feature cavemen pissed off over Geico's slogan for its website: "So easy, a caveman can do it." At least they didn't try and make a show out of that stupid gecko, although that's probably next.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Rebecca

I agree. I think this would be a great show and I will be tuned in. But as much as I love the cavemen in the Geico comercials, I think the cavemen in the fedex comercial were better. You know, the one where the one caveman fires the other for not using fedex that doesnt even exist yet and then he goes out and kicks the little dinosaur. I thought that was awsome.
Rebecca

Emily C.

No way!!! I've had Tivo for years and the only two ads I ever watch anymore are the Mac/Pc guy ads and the cavemen. I love the roast duck and mango salsa guy. Are they going to work with the original guys, they're hilarious!!

Cathleen Rittereiser

The only news better than the cavemen getting their own show? I just saved $500 on car insurance with GEICO?

Tara

Sheer genius. "I'm not 100% in love with your tone right now" just about kills me every time. LOL I can't wait!!!

Matt Willey

Who gives a rats ass who owns gieco or wut not,... i personally couldnt care less who owns it, im just sayin the commercial is as dumb as sh*t, and not funny, and people are even dumber because they actually enjoy that kinda crap every 5 seconds on tv, i think they should get rid of stupid ass showns in general so lard ass americans dont have to spend more of their "precious time" sittin on their fat asses even more than they already do, it just gives dumb people another reason to be useless for however long the show lasts

Dennis Whitlock

My girlfriend and I absolutely LOVE the Geico Cavemen ads. We can’t wait for new ones to come out. We especially loved the one where a Geico representative took the two "Cavemen" out to dinner to apologize. Many times I have said to my waiter "I'll have the Roast Duck With Mango Salsa". It always gets a big laugh from the waiter or waitress. I called my girlfriend today and told her the good news, that there might be a TV series called “Cavemen” and she was happy to hear that. I am always quoting the Cavemen quotes in my office too. Now I have everyone doing it at my office on a daily basis.

enitsirhc

Love them guys tv comedy show very bad idea wont wok

enitsirhc

DARLING I SIMPLY ADORE THAT LOVLY CAVEMAN AND I DISAGREE WITH MY TWIN SISTER I THINK THAT TYPE OF TV SHOW WOULD BE A TREMEMODOUS SUCCED BUT DONT TELL HER SHE THINKS I AM IN BOSTON

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8