"Idol" Blocks Rosie's "View" -- No Clips for You!

3/7/2007 2:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"American Idol" is retaliating against Rosie O'Donnell and "The View" by forbidding the gabfest from showing "Idol" clips, after Rosie slammed the world's biggest TV show one too many times.

As is their habit, Rosie and the "View" crew started to talk about last night's "Idol," but had no video to go with it. Ro explained the lack of footage was because "Idol" was unhappy over her slamming of the judges, her suggestions about Paula's "possible inattentiveness," and her accusations of racism and sizeism on yesterday's broadcast.

Sagacious den mother Babwa put it best: "You don't insult them with your left hand and ask for favors with your right." And Joy suggested a solution for the problem -- putting an on-screen Ro-Screed disclaimer that warns, "Rosie's views are Rosie's."

Whatever

The losers who run AI don't want thier clips on the view because Rosie really hit a nerve! I remember the first season of the show and a heavy girl tried out and made it to Hollywood. After her second audition Simon asked her why she would have trouble in the competion and she answered "because I am a big girl". Paula and Randy agreed and she was cut. When the show first started it was all about looks and size. Then they caught flack about it and have toned it down. But they still maintain the same attitude with the Antonella/Frenchie controversy. Truth sure hurts doesn't it Simon Fuller!

Sarah

Rosie is just a loud mouth.... i think it is her turn to be slammed... She has absolutely ruined the View. I will NEVER watch it again until she gets replaced!!

snoop

SARAH I DONT THINK THEY NEED YOU.... ROSIE MAY BE A BIG LOUD MOUTH BUT SO ARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU JUST CANT DO IT ON NATIONAL TV HAHA TO YOU

delay

#42...Thoughtful????? was it thoughtful to call Donald Trump a pimp? Was it thoughtful to say to Elizabeth her comments were ignorant because she is young?...or to falsely assume that Kelly Ripa was homophobic??? Pleezzzzzzz!!! Here's some thoughtfulness....Rosie is a hypocrite, judgemental, no class bully. Barbara has stooped to the Jerry Springer level for ratings.....and excuse me, but Rosie DOES NOT speak for all of us. As far as I'm concerned, she can keep her comments to herself...We all can speak for ourselves...we don't need Rosie's help!

Patsy

78. "American Idol is a joke and they know it?"

I have to rebut this statement just in case someone believes American Idol "is a joke"

GRAMMY'S WON BY AMERICAN IDOL WINNERS and/or CONTESTANTS:

(Season 1) Kelly Clarkson - "A Moment Like This" marked the biggest jump in Billboard history to #1. Clarkson's two successful albums, "Thankful" and "Breakaway"
Justin Guarinin - runner-up.

(Season 2) Ruben Studdard - winner & Clay Aiken runner up

(Season 3) Fantasia Barrino - winner "I Beleive" was the top selling single of 2004 and since been certified double platinum by DRIA and received 3 Billboard Awards. In 2006, she received 4 Grammys nominations for her double platinum debut album "Free Yourself"

Diana Degarmo - runner up [on Broadway in "Hairspray" - currently in the national tour of "Brooklyn the Musical" & she will return to the Broadway production of Hairspray once again in September]

Jasime Trias (3), Latoya London (4), Kim Fields (5), George Huff (6) and John Stevens (7) are out there making movies, music & perfoming.

Jennifer Hudson 7th place finish - Golden Globe Award, Oscar,

(Season 4) Carrie Underwood - winner ~ Records:
"Inside Your Heaven" - Platinum
"Jesus, Take the Wheel" - Platinum
"Some Hearts"
"Don't Forget to Rember Me"
"Before He Cheats" - Gold

AWARDS:
TEEN Choice Awards - Choice Reality Star
BILLBOARD Music Awards - Top-selling 100 Song of the Year "Inside Your Heaven"
Top-Selling Country Single: "Inside Your Heaven"
Country Single Sales of Artist Of the Year
COUNTRY MUSIC TELEVISION AWARDS - Female Video Of the Year: "Jesus, Take the Wheel
Breakthrough Video OF The Year: "Jesus, Take the Wheel
(nominated) Most Inspiring Videio Of The Year: "Jesus, Take The Wheel"
ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS - Top New Female Vocalist OF The Year"
Single Record Of The Year: "Jesus Take The Wheel"
(nominated) Top Female Vocalist Of The Year
(nominated) Song of the Year: "Jesus Take the Wheel"
NARP organization of record retail merchants - Breakthrough Country Artist
(nominated) Teen Choice Awards - Best Female Artist
(nominated) Breakout Female Artist

I'm exahusted to prove one person wrong about American Idol being some kind of joke -

"Wasted"

& Bo Bice runner up - Chris Daughtry finished 3rd

(Season 5) Taylor Hicks - winner & Katharine McPhee runner-up

kabee

Rosie is a fat talentless stupid dumb bitch and I can not stand her. I do not understand why the view chose her. I used to watch the view but I refuse to watch it as long as that big mouthed stupid bitch is on there. Get her off TV she is a complete waste of space. Even the gays hate her big mouth.

cryssy

Has Rosie lost her mind? All she does is bitch about absolutely everything and everyone. Maybe it's menopause. or she's a psycho.

Holly

When Rosie's show first came on, I liked her a lot. She seemed kind and friendly and genuinely a caring person. What happened? These days all that spews from her mouth is hateful garbage! I don't care what her sexual identity is...that has nothing to do with it...she needs to take a lesson from Ellen....she is such a charming, sweet person, who WOULD CARE what her sexual orientation is. Rosie is just mean-spirited and over-opinionated...and no one cares! Personally, I think you shouldn't even give her a topic on here every day....stick that apple in the pig's mouth by not giving her any attention!!

SAL

ROSIE TELLS THE TRUTH!!!!AND IF ALL YOU HATERS CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH----OH WELL......THE VIEW WAS THE MOST BORING SHOW SINCE IT STARTED BUT SINCE ROSIE STARTED THE SHOW THE RATING HAVE BEEN UP LIKE 42%!!! CHOKE ON THAT ALL YOU ROSIE HATERS.......IF THE SHOW WINS AN AWARD IT IS ONLY BECAUSE OF ROSIE!!!! SHE IS THE ONLY PERSON THAT IS REAL IN THAT SHOW AND TELLS YOU LIKE IT IS. LIZ IS A SORE LOSER THAT NEEDS TO GO BACK TO GRADE SCHOOL..I LOVE ROSIE....KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ROSIE!!WHEN HER CONTRACT IS UP THE SHOW IS GONNA GO BACK TO BE BORING BORING BORING BECAUSE ROSIE WELL NOT BE THERE. I ONLY WATCH IT BECAUSE OF HER SHE MAKES IT REAL AND SOME PEOPLE CANNOT HANDLE THE TRUTH....OH WELL....

ERIS

To quote #82. 82. As a gay black man - all I can say Rosie is 100%
right. And so is Elton John. Amerika is racist and homophobic to the
core. Why do you think there has never been and never will be an
African American or gay finalist on Amerikan Idol? It's the same
reason black and gay artists are denied access to the radio in this
fascist country of ours - that's why. Ever look at the music charts?
It's all music by STRAIGHT WHITE MEN!Bottom line - Amerika hates us
and will never ever give us a chance to succeed. No wonder the
terrorists hate us. We are the single most intolerant country in the
history of the world.KEEP ON TELLING THE TRUTH ROSIE! I LOVE
YOU!Posted at 3:22PM on Mar 7th 2007 by Kevin=======Are you feeble?
Did you ever hear of Ruben Studdard or Fantasia Barrino? Both Black
and winners of American Idol. HOW IS THIS RACIST AGAIN? And as far
as gay ... see Clay Aiken. And don't forget the first runner up
Justin Guarini. I'm not sure of his ethnicity ... maybe white and
latino .. but he's not the look of a typical white boy. So please
research before you open your trap. Not everything is BLACK AND GAY.
And for your info I live in Urban America and am Multi cultural and
have family and friends that are gay. So save your hissy fit sister. And BTW it's AMERICAN IDOL and America votes off people not the producers or judges moron and also Randy if you haven't noticed is Black and Paula is I think Middle Eastern and White or something unique. Get over YOUR racism of Hetero-Caucasians. And BTW Rosie is the first to say she's GOING THROUGH THE CHANGE.
----------------------------------------------

ERIS

96. BY THE WAY THE RATINGS HAVE DOUBLED SINCE RO CAME ABOARD... GO FIGURE

HER OWN SHOW WAS #1 WHEN SHE LEFT......

NEGATIVE PEOPLE ARE YOU ALL SKINNY SWEET BARBIES SINCE YOU SEEM TO BE SUCH A LOUD MOUTHS VOICING YOUR NONSENSE ON HERE ......

IM GLAD THERE IS SOMEONE WHO IS NOT AFRAID TO VOICE CONCERNS FOR EQUAL RIGHTS....... YOU ALL BITCH AND MOAN HERE BUT WHAT OTHER STANCE DO YOU TAKE????

I'm not a Barbie and I think Rosie is a MORON. She doesn't speak for all the NON-BARBIES. Ok I might not be as ROtund as she is but I have friends and family members that are. They are offended by her positions and that she's making overweight people look unhappy, mental, dysfunctional, & vengeful for things that are NO OF HER FN BUSINESS. Why don't she focus on her mental health and dissatisfaction of whatever it is that crawled up her enlarged butt and burrowed itself deep in her intestines so much that it blocked her arse and now she's spilling it out of her mouth CONTINUOUSLY. Please someone give her an IMODIUM AD but this time it's for Anti Dope. She just won't shut the F up. God, why don't she go after the people making kids smoke pot at 2 and 5 in texas or husbands chopping up their wifes or the women that are going to bed with 15 year old boys or killing rival women for a man's affection. I'll tell you why .... she can't have a valid stand other than gossip and opinion. Opinion is one thing ... a Stance on injustice is another. Everyone has an opinion and Rosie is talking out of hers.

howard supporter

Go AI. I would not give that bitch the time of day. I have zero respect for Barbara Walters also. She reminds me of a beaten down pup that has lost everything. If Rosie is as smart as she wants everyone to think she is why isn't she in politics or something where she can make a decision instead of trying to be funny which she is not!

Ginger

Dr. Phil tell's the truth, Rosie tries to push her Views on everyone by being a bully. Don't know what she has been saying on the show as I quit watching when Rosie is there, that's the great thing about a channel changer. Love this site and get all my Views from here on the Celebs. . If I wanted to watch a show about political views I would tune in to CNN.

SAL

All you rosie haters what a sorry excuse of human beings you are all!!! Especially you # 102 what a sorry life you must have bashing rosie that speaks her mind! People like you always get angry when they are told the truth and you cannot handle the truth you pathetic excuse of a human being. I guess you are a size 2 and have a wonderful family that just adores you and make trillions of dollars a year because you just have too much time on your hands to say alot of ugly things. I guess your parents raised you right they raised you to say ugly things that came out of you! I KNOW FOR DAMN SURE THAT YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN NOT TALKING THAT WAY....SHAME ON YOU ....YOU HAVE ALOT OF HATE IN YOUR HEART AND YOU NEED TO LET IT GO!! YOU CAN TELL BY THE WAY YOU TALK AND ALL THE UGLY THINGS YOU DAY YOUR HEART IS FULL OF HATE I WONDER IF ALL YOUR FRINDS AND FAMILY AGREE THAT YOU ARE FULL OF HATE..I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU AND HOPE THAT YOU TAKE THAT HATE AND TURN IT TO LOVE...HAVE YOU NOT HEARD LOVE YOUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS...WOULD YOU DARE TALK THAT WAY ABOUT FAMILY AND FRIENDS I REALLY HONESTLY THINK YOU WOULD...

Dru

Trump was right about Rosie...nuff said !!!!!