Johnny Depp's Daughter -- Mystery Illness Revealed

3/8/2007 4:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Johnny DeppNine days after Johnny Depp's 7-year-old daughter was rushed to a London hospital, the cause of Lily-Rose's mysterious ailment is being pinned on a rusty tack.

According to In Touch, "the wound was left untreated" and "blood poisoning developed. It has now spread through her body and has affected her vital organs."

While there have been several conflicting reports on the severity of Lily-Rose's condition, Depp's reps tell the AP that she is "doing much better." The actor has reportedly not left Lily-Rose's bedside since she was admitted to the hospital on February 28.

PerezSux

Youre awfully late picking this one up mates, they were talking about it hours ago on the morning show

Kate

it's interesting that tmz is the only site that has actually stated a cause, even tho. on people.com it states that the family has asked for privacy and so far NOBODY knows exactly what happened! (by nobody i mean any other news/blog/gossip site)......so technically until Depp's camp comes out and says something, shouldn't we all think twice before posting judgement and be honest with ourselves that this might just be another failed attempt by tmz to soil somebodies GOOD name!!! for crying out loud johnny's daughter could have some sort of liver or kidney problem!!!!

???

Natalie, you are simple. Enough said. Hopefully you'll never have kids. And if you do -let me know. I'll get you a rusty tack so your kids will have something to play with. Ass.

I call bullshit

BTW those people who say stuff happens to kids all the time must be completely igorant- near fatal blood poisoning is not 'stuff' its something that would have built up over time with obvious worsening symptoms.

Peggy Sue

Clarification: NOT TETNUS related. As the nurse on here previously pointed out, it's not a problem with tetnus. It's a bacterial infection that's entered her blood stream. They are very dangerous, as bacteria are carried throughout your body, including to your heart and other vital organs. A tetnus shot will not protect you against this sort of thing. Not that it isn't important to get your shots, too, but that's a whole different can of worms.

???

Jesse, I don't think Johnny would talk to any of us posting here which is why we didn't ask him. He doesn't know me so I don't know how he would react to me in the same situation. BUT... he's a celebrity and we're commenting on a GOSSIP site. and so are you.

j

Kids, do things without telling their Parents afraid of getting in trouble and not realizing that it is as bad as it can be! ! ! There is no doubt that Johnny Depp and his wife love their children, it is just something that you have to watch out for when you have kids! Hopefully they have caught it in time, and have given her the right medicine and that she will not get a staph infection that they will have difficulty fighting! Our prays go out to all involved, it is just part of growing up and as well as being a parent! This situaiton more than likily was noone's fault, the girl stepped on a rusty nail/tack, didn't think much about it and didn't mentioned it to anyone until her foot had really started to hurt her and the blood poision had already sit end! Don't be ridiculous and blame people for this type of injury, I am sure each of you had some type of accident when you were a growing up or either you lived an exteremly shelltered life! Give them your well wishes and quit being so ridiculously rude about situatioins that can't be helped sometimes!

CrazyMofos

French fag no one gives a fuck what you say anymore...and you calling yourself french fucker says it all...dumbass! LOL

uniformsformilitarypersonnelonly

Wishing all the best for a speedy full recovery. You're in my prayers.

Miapocca

Hope she gets better..hang in there parents!!1

Some of y'all have to realise that in certain situations there is no point in passing blame on to anyone...The love between parent anc child is complicated and incomphensible,when a child is hurt is a very emotionally difficult time for a parent...

Wishing them all the best......

susan

For those who want to know.

Look up Tetanus on the net if this link does not work. Not good at it.

MM

The reason we dont know the exact story is because Johnny and Vanessa ARE protective of their family. If this were Y'alls precious Angelina and Brad, there would have been a press release the day it happened. They would want the publicity. Johnny and Vanessa are very private people. I wish Lily well.

truth

who cares

Kris

Do any of you know where tetanus really comes from? It is horse and donkey shit. That is the ONLY place tetanus is found. We are required in the US to have these but when do you tromp around in shit with a needle?

HKS INNOCENT< DR. E NOT

p: yes, he is a celebrity, and I do not know if he would talk to you or not, but I am almost certain, he would not dog on you if you had a sick child. It is very sad when your child is ill, I just think this is not a good time to jump to conclusions, and think the worst. It would be so nice if people would just send good thoughts and prayers to people when they are in need. Celeb or not, they are human and have feelings, and I am sure he does care about and love his family. I have not read all your posts, so I dont know if you r one who dogged on him, but like you said, this is a GOSSIP column.To bad people cannot write good gossip. This world is so cruel sometimes.My prayers are with all the sick children and the parents in the world, not just celebrities families. If this was your child and it was posted here, I would also send you my prayers.