Lane Garrison Faces the Judge

3/8/2007 7:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"Prison Break" star Lane Garrison just went front and center in a Beverly Hills court on charges of vehicular manslaughter, but the actor neither copped to the charges nor said the charges were bogus -- Garrison did not enter a plea.

Judge Elden Fox pushed the formal arraignment to April 11.

Garrison faces one felony charge of vehicular manslaughter, along with three other charges stemming from a tragic Beverly Hills car crash last December that left one of his three teenage passengers dead.

If convicted, Garrison faces six years in prison.

The D.A. had asked that Garrison be released on $200,000 bail, but that amount was reduced to $100K.

Judge Fox ordered that Garrison refrain from driving a vehicle. Garrison was also told he couldn't drink alcoholic beverages and he couldn't have contact with any victims or witnesses in the case.

Moments after he left court, Garrison surrendered to authorities at the Beverly Hills Police Station, where he was fingerprinted and photographed.

The 26-year-old actor was behind the wheel when his Land Rover crashed into a tree on December 2, killing 17-year-old Vahagn Setian. He met Setian and two 15-year-old girls hours before the crash, and the teens invited the actor to a party. TMZ was the first to report that witnesses at the party saw Garrison drink between four and seven shots of Grey Goose vodka in a short period of time, and that they saw him snort cocaine at the same party.

a fan

I think it was a tragic stupid mistake that he made. No matter what sentence he gets- no matter what a judge can do to him- I think that the jail hes in within his own mind and conscience will be worse than any sentence handed down to him. I cant say that I have never driven after Ive drank too much- cuz I have- and thank god I never hurt myself or anyone else- but I grew up and learned and now I always make sure I have a driver if I drink- but it couldve happened to me. I feel bad for all those involved- just an all around crappy situation! Everyone makes mistakes- and most of you who are saying hes a jerk or whatever- well I would be willing to bet that the majority have driven after have one too many on occasion. Unfortunately, his mistake and bad judgement cost this boy his life. I hope he is given the opportunity to educate others about drunk driving and the consequences that can come from this and maybe save some lives in the process. Throwing him in jail really wont do anything- but if he can prevent even one person from drunk driving and harming someone- then there could be something good that came out of this tragedy. Its so easy to be judgemental and be mean and hateful- yes this boy died- but if it was your child that caused this accident- would you be so quick to just throw him/her away????

Chadony

Feel sorry for him ? No I don't feel sorry for him and I think it's a shame what the court does right now. My good friend had also an accident because he was drinking and driving. With his accident a young girl lost her life and what do you think the court in LA gave him for sentence ? 12 years behind bars !!
My good friend isn't saying his sentence was too high but when I see this, then he has the right to get released really soon, because he's already 7 years in and has 5 more years to go !
When I compare this cases with each other, my good friend did drink, but didn't use drugs, a girl lost her life, but nobody else was injured ..

How can the same court how sent my good friend to prison for 12 years, now say because he was in prisonbreak as an actor, the sentence for this is changed, now it is 6 years !!!!

Then get your butt over there and get him out of prison, because he already is overdoing one year !!

Whatever

Don't drop the soap Lane!

John

He gonna be popular in prison.....

Glad you studied your lines, boy.....you're gonna need to know em for real.....
spread em.

edgar_pasadenaupinhere

TO#15 ARE YOU serious? bottom line huge fine and very expensive civil after those family member get done with this guy .garrison is loaded with talent and hopefully he makes after all of this hes got talent look s and the works a total tradedy . you should be punisjed of course . but to the lawyer prick dude come on man this is la. la la land lawyers are the worst they ani't human bunch of mouth piece vultures . california justice system of a joke if you got cash your going home if you dont except to go to the clink. this lawyers dude obviously went to a terrible law school or is a moron . i pick dummy . in la all the cops judges are concerned about is how much their gonna get . how? high skyrocket bail amount . legal fees and all the other bs. this is what lawyers dream about and jerk off about at night . every lawyer i met gave me the creeps even the ones who are 35 or so trying to be hip make me wanna puke. whatever the courts and the attorneys can rob out of garrison will be so bad for garrison . lawyers went to school to rob in a legal format via bs cases and other suits. this will push garrison into bankruptcy over 300k easy . hes not exactly making bucks like brad pitt so . i was gonna hire harland braun at one time but nope. i found another lawyer dude for a dime =1k i got off cheap . geragos and braun control la and lawyers like #15 get the crumbs off the table .garrison needs to stop chiling with kids and stop being depressed and coked out well thats what holywood does to most cause they dont know where their next gig is coming from . and he didnt get no love from his peers in the (f-list holywood) so he felt like the man around the kids . hmmmmmmmm that is sick ,hahahahah . garrison at least unlike other celebs talking respsibility for what he did and is sorry . other celeberitys are not sorry only sorry they got caught all they do is thump their nose and everybody . god bless the kid died god bless him and god bless garrison hopefully he bounces back in a few years after this is over . #15 go to ny cause la lawyers will beat you in court and you'll be otta of a gig .

OVER IT

That's why you don't drink and drive. Hellooooo! Famous or not, he deserves the maximum penalty.

Jamie

Wow... #20 needs to learn some english... Anyway, I feel for #17 in that her friend is doing double the time than a "celebrity" will have to do... And that's if he even gets any time! I feel sorry for everyone involved and I do agree that just throwing someone in jail isn't always the answer, but he went even further than manslaughter... He was hanging out with under age kids at a party and getting high and drinking with them? Are you serious?? I've seen local people in the paper get 5 years for just that! And he really didn't belong having two 15 year old girls with him. Unfortunately he's probably paying someone a whole bunch on the side and he'll end up getting off with very little punishment. I think what he needs is some jail time (enough to make it sink in) and then he needs to be mandated to participate in an "against drunk driving" program where he can share his story and educate others. And when he is done with jail time he needs to be on a whole lot of probation so that if he does it again, he's straight back to jail. So so sad that people can't just be responsible.

BODY GUARDS

How late did they leave the party? If only they had called home before leaving with him to tell their parents they were leaving.

One wonders if their parents just might have gotten info out of them that he was drinking and dissuaded them from riding with him.

Some kids wonder why their parents are so over protective. - it is just that sometimes there are no second chances. Nothing can be worse than suddenly losing a child.

What's wrong with her face in this picture?

My father was killed in a car accident & the man who hit him was sentenced yesterday to only 4 months in jail "and" gets to work as well.

From a victim's standpoint, it's so hard to see someone not punished for ultimately causing the death of another human being. Punishment of the individual won't bring my Dad back, but it hopefully will deter him from ever making the same mistake again.

bill

I love PRISON BREAK it's one of my favorite shows me and my boyfriend watch it every mon. That being said to everyone who feels bad for lane garrison what is there to feel bad about. Lane got behind the wheel of a car drunk and high and KILLED A KID LET ME REPEAT ONCE MORE HE KILLED A KID. the only person i feel bad for is that kid who died. He deserves your sympathy not the drug addict looser that killed someone. We should be harsher on people who get DUIs too many people die each year from it. Lane chose to do coke chose to drink and chose to drive why should anyone have sympathy for him. Have sympathy for the family have sympathy for the kid who died they are the ones who deserve your sympathy

Ashley

Yea he may be cute but what the hell was he doin picking up 15 year old girls and a young boy...????? ewwww. I don't feel a bit sorry for him . He deserves everything he's gonna get.. to bad bad kids had to die for his stupied decisions.

linda

oooo u r soo right number 15 the shit needs to change in L A but it wont

STACIE

HELLO!!?!?!? DOES ANYONE ELSE GET THAT THE TEENAGER THAT WAS KILLED WAS MORE SOBER THAN LANE?!?!?!? HE SHOULD HAVE NEVER GOTTEN IN THAT CAR WITH HIM!!!
I THINK LANE DID DO SOMETHING STUPID BUT THE TEENAGER WAS STUPID TOO FOR NOT KNOWING BETTER! hOW MANY PEOPLE HERE WOULD ACTUALLY GET IN A CAR WITH SOMEONE WHO IS HIGH AND DRUNK, AND HAS A BOTTLE OF ALCOHOL WITH THEM WHILE GETTING INTO THE CAR?

i think 2 years max is plenty enough jail time for him. He didnt make those kids get in the car with him!

Ian Guajardo

There should be a new reality show by Fox next season. They should cancel "Prison Break" and create "How to get in and stay in Prison!" Staring Garrison as California convict inmate number: 125887955878894458854859621775569887455685444.

Hey Garrison (or soon to be California convict inmate number: 125887955878894458854859621775569887455685444) do yourself a favor don't drop the bar of soap when your take your monthly shower. Maybe you can get married in prison with your new cell mate--Bubba? Lets hope for the best for a prison wedding!

Have a great time in Prison I hear it is so over crowded and you should fit right in with the rest of the drug addits, muderers, rapists, and other rift-raft!

augustino

Once again, look for "Hollywood Justice" to come through for this punk. And I don't agree he'll pay a big fine and get probation; he'll pay a SMALL fine and get probation-probably along with a couple months' community service. Don't you guys follow what happens when a celebrity commits a crime? Sometimes I've seen them pay as little as $250 when they commit a felony. You noticed how quickly his bail was cut in half, don't you? That's just a sample of what is to come. Stay tuned!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments