Sundance to Ryan: Arrogant Finalist Claiming Victory

3/9/2007 2:08 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The horribly bearded Sundance Head was booted from "American Idol" last night -- and today he admits there's one cocky SOB left in the bunch.

The rejected singer was on Ryan Seacrest's KIIS-FM morning show, where he said one of the guys remaining on the show -- whose name he wouldn't mention -- thinks he already has the competition in the bag.

Sundance also confessed he was shocked he was kicked off -- as the pseudo-vocal stylings of Sanjaya Malakar remained in the Top 12 -- saying, "I had not prepared myself for that ... I was a little angry ... at this point I'm just bitter this morning."

Head's elimination was only the first bad news he received yesterday, as OK! Magazine reveals he received word right after the taping that his cousin died in a fire that night. The cousin, Burl Head, had given Sundance $1500 for his stay in Los Angeles during the competition.

Melissa

What the hell??? Antonella-yes-Sundance-noooo!!!!!!!!!!Stephanie-noooo!!!!Jared-ok???I really don't get the whole song selection aspect of the season because if they pick a "safe" song they get nailed for it and if they dare to branch out a little-Pearl Jam and 311 is not that unusual-they get shit for it too. Do the judges want to just pick for them or what????

tek

Sanjaya stayed because of the Huge Indian influence during the vote, people are not realizing what a large group of the public the indians are - last night it showed.

my opinion

YES SUNDANCE YOU SHOULD OF STAYED...........IT WAS TOTALLY WRONG.........I HOPE YOU HAVE AN EMAIL OR A WEBSITE WE CAN LET YOU KNOW..........WE LOVE YOUR SINGING..........I PRAY YOU GET AN AWESOME SINGING CONTRACT.........YOU ROCK............

Bob

Sundance you were really rocking during the American Idol and surprised that Mr Houla dancer is still in the contest and not you.Best wishes Dog :) all my Best Bob.

sk8rgurl

Just his name alone freaks me out... not to mention that stuff on his chin....I'm so glad he's gone...because the last thing america needs is ANOTHER fat idol.

Whatever

Shame on that naughty little imp seacrest! Trying to stir up drama for more ratings for the show! Hoping more people will tune in to figure out who the egomanic is! Newsflash for you seacrap most of the people in show business have huge egos, you being one of them.

Whatever

Oh boy Rosie is going to have a bird over this!

Whatever

Maybe if this turd sang better he wouldn't have gotten the boot. Let's face it if these people really had talent they would have made it already. This show has turned into one big kareokee contest.

Sharon

I am really sickened and saddened that Sundance and Sabrina were let go, while some of the people remaining have absolutely no talent. I think that a "one person one vote" rule should be instituted.

Whatever

He got voted off. Big deal. He wasn't all that great anyway. He may also want to ease up on the twinkies and porkchops.

just me

sundance you were excellent ,hope some one picks up on it. sorry for your loss. good luck to you, love you, a fan..... debbie

ANNIA

RE: #8
I, too, felt bad that Sundance got voted off. I think it should have been the tall guy, Phil. Hopefully someone will give him a chance.

As for Sanjaya, I don't think he is trying to be the next Michael Jackson. He's just born that way. His father is an Indian from India, and his mother is, I think , an Italian American. And I don't think he has any nose job, or skin bleaching done. If he has a choice, I'm sure he would have ask God to make him looks like Brad Pitt!!!

Besides, his voice is so gentle, a bit on the faminine side, but he has never sung off key, yet. Give him a break, he's only 17!!!

Laura

Sundance was an okay singer, and I was sad to see him go. I just can't picture Sanjaya staying around much longer. I was sad to see Sabrina go. She really is a talented singer, and Hayley is okay but she isn't as good as Sabrina.

maxisgirl

Everyone knows Sanjala can't sing! Maybe if he sang a different type of song? In fact -a lot of them are singing "quiet" types of songs this year. and i think that last night, even Sanjaya seemed shocked that AJ Tabaldo was voted off over him. ;although AJ was very classy in his response that he didn’t assume Sanjaya was leaving -lol! -he did so think it!- you know he did … we all did!.
I think what's happening with Sanjaya here is that he is this years "teen Idol" and teens only can wait till after the show to vote hundreds of times.
Unlimited voting!- teenage heart throbs= thousands of manical teenagers speed dialing limitlessly!=Sanjaya still in!

Metaldiva

Sanjay and Hilary should have gotten the boot! Those negative websites/online clubs that purposely vote for people that should not stay need to be blamed. I feel sorry for Sundance and the curly haired gal that had much more talent