Burger King to J-Hud:

Free Burgers for Life!

3/12/2007 2:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Burger King has awarded Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson an all-you-can-eat pass for their fast food restaurants... for life! Have it your way... forever!

Jennifer Hudson
Hudson reacted to Simon Cowell's criticism of her for not thanking "American Idol" in her Oscar speech. She reportedly snapped back, "If I'd been any better at my job when I was at Burger King in my middle teens, I wouldn't be here either, so should I thank them, too?" Hudson worked at the BK on East 87th and State Street in Chicago. Burger King was her first job at age 16, where she worked with her sister, who claims she sang while working the drive-thru and flipping burgers.

In an exclusive statement to TMZ, Burger King responded to Hudson's beef, assuring her that no thanks is necessary, and awarded her with BK for life:

"...In response to Jennifer's recent comments in which she asked if she should be thanking Burger King, we say thanks, but no thanks are necessary. Burger King Corporation is proud of Jennifer's success and while we never like to lose employees, in this case, our loss is the entertainment industry's gain ... To further show our support for Jennifer, and make sure she never has to sing for her supper again, Burger King Corporation is giving her a pre-paid BK Crown Card that will be automatically reloaded for life."

Looks like a whopper of a win for Jennifer.

Sandral

Jenny of the Whopper. You have no class girl! Anyone who is so lacking in graciousness and gratitude at such a young age, will get what you deserve. You were given a gift, the role of Effie is always one to bring success, but you do not know how to handle success, and I think we will see very little of you in the future. It has already been proven that Simon said nothing but really good things about you, but your ugly attitude shows what you are really made of. Imagine what a nightmare you must be to work with, and Beyonce was right when she said she should have just gained twenty pounds and played the role of Effie herself. Girl, eat your burger kings, cuz, I'm telling you, you're over!

Tazzygirl6

From reading these comments I see there is a lot of haderation instead of admiration going on! This woman came from nothing to becoming a star in her own right. If she has a big ego right now its because she probably still can not believe what is going on with her as far as her star status. Stop hating and let her have her moment.

canadianchick

jennifer is about a size 18-20

kiki

Jennifers 15 minutes are up. She is disrespectful, ungrateful and completely unaware how short her trip back to the bottom of the barrel can be! BK may be a good thing for her, then maybe she would shut her mouth.

And by the way Jennifer, YOU SHOULD BE THANKING SIMON, AMERICA, AMERICAN IDOL and BK! Thank your lucky stars, becasue LUCK is what got you there. Believe me, we didn't vote on your oscar! We voted you off AI for a reason!

david

Of course Jennifer should have thanked BK, wasn't there that she packed on the 100 pounds that earned the once in a lifetime roll that she undeservedly won an Oscar for. She is such an ignorant cow, I hope her time in the spotlight is short lived. No wonder Beyonce stared daggers at her when she won. Lose weight and shut up Jennifer.

Tazzygirl6

It is too many haters online. I think alot of yall wish that yall had talent like she did!

Maddy

I think you are judging Jennifer due to her weight. You could care less if she is thanking Idol(which she has on many occasions). I'm not a fan and I'm not fat, but I know lots of people who are overweight and I still like them just fine. I can't wait until Britney or Paris (hey, what happened to her?) are back in the news so you can trash them instead.

Had Enough

I don't care what size she is, what race she is, or even if she is really that great of a singer. She let the stardom go to her head and in the process has become an unwanted DIVA. Regardless of who it is...AN "I'M BETTER THAN YOU" ATTITUDE SUCKS!

Tony

Jennifer owes Simon a comment and it's not "Thank You!"

Cowell is under the false impression that he really is a great judge of talent--He's Not! Far from it! All he has is a smart alec mouth and he's lucky he had friends in the English Idol Producer's otherwise he would have continued to be a nobody in the music industry.

Everytime Cowell comments on Jennifer she should replay his comments to her on idol that she would never amount to anything in the entertainment industry.

he needs to shut his mouth except to apologize to her for his crass comments.

Ann

McDonalds is my kinda place....

Hamburgers in your face,

French Fries between your toes...

Pickles up your nose....................................

Yeah thats my kinda place....Macky doodles *lol*

laughing

white people make me sick, yall white trash is sitting in yall trailers with yall dirty ass kids so jealous that us black people are better. y dont u just go do something with yourself instead of trying to be playboy bunnies messing around getting dieases. jennifer is a beautiful black woman who accomplished her dreams get over it bulimic bitches

Anony

Not a comment on Jennifer, but I think that was pretty cool of Burger King, and I don't even eat there!

Hayley

Jennier is much bigger than a size 12. She is a two-ton Sally! She needs trim spa - not free food from burger king!

SUN

I cant believe all the haters!

Why should she thank American Idol, for her acting talent? Once she was booted off, she owed no one any explanation.

Instead of everyone trashing her for her weight, I think its finally nice to see someone a little overweight walking around proud and not ashamed. I am sick of seeing all these stick-figures getting all the attention.

Why trash Burger King? Its their company, they can do what the hell they want. Just because they give away one meal-card we assume they dont give back to charity??

JHud Fan

I agree with #25; when Clarkson didn't thank American Idol or let them use her songs for their show; no one wrote comments about that. People need to realize that God has opened the doors for Jennifer, you and I as well and He is the main someone you need to give THANKS too. Let me ask you this question, who do you think woke you up this morning? It sure wasn't the alarm clock and it sure wasn't American Idol. It was God Almighty and we should give Him thanks and praise each and every day of our lives.