Burger King to J-Hud:

Free Burgers for Life!

3/12/2007 2:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Burger King has awarded Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson an all-you-can-eat pass for their fast food restaurants... for life! Have it your way... forever!

Jennifer Hudson
Hudson reacted to Simon Cowell's criticism of her for not thanking "American Idol" in her Oscar speech. She reportedly snapped back, "If I'd been any better at my job when I was at Burger King in my middle teens, I wouldn't be here either, so should I thank them, too?" Hudson worked at the BK on East 87th and State Street in Chicago. Burger King was her first job at age 16, where she worked with her sister, who claims she sang while working the drive-thru and flipping burgers.

In an exclusive statement to TMZ, Burger King responded to Hudson's beef, assuring her that no thanks is necessary, and awarded her with BK for life:

"...In response to Jennifer's recent comments in which she asked if she should be thanking Burger King, we say thanks, but no thanks are necessary. Burger King Corporation is proud of Jennifer's success and while we never like to lose employees, in this case, our loss is the entertainment industry's gain ... To further show our support for Jennifer, and make sure she never has to sing for her supper again, Burger King Corporation is giving her a pre-paid BK Crown Card that will be automatically reloaded for life."

Looks like a whopper of a win for Jennifer.

Virginia

Simon is an ass. However, i dont think it was necessary for Burger king corporation to pacify this woman with a lifetime of burgers. I get sick of celebrities being so spoiled it stinks.

Joanie

NO ONE IS SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT RACE INB HERE, WE ARE ONLY SAYING WHAT AN UNGRATEFUL BITCH SHE IS..FOR HER TO COMPARE HER JOB AT BK TO AI IS REDICULOUS. BK DID NOT START HER IN SHOWBIZ, IDOL DID. THEY SENT HER TO HOLLYWOOD,THAT'S CALLED A BREAK, SHE SHOULD HAVE THANKE THEM. YOU WHO CALL US WHITE TRASH BETTER LOOK AT THE NEWS THESE DAYS AND SEE WHO TRASH IS. ROBBERIES, VIOLENCE, MURDER. TODAY I SAW A BLACK MAN BEATING A 101 YR OLD LADY . AND ROBBING HER. EVERY SERVELLENCE CAMERA SHOWS BLACK THUGS DOING VICIOUS THINGS... DO YOU DEFEND THAT ALSO??? STOP TURNING EVERY CONVERSATION INTO A RACIAL PROBLEM. IF THE PERSON IS BLACK OR WHITE , CALL THEM LOSERS IF THEY ARE. HUDSON IS A LOSER, SO IS BRITTANY, AND PARIS..... AND ALSO DRUGGIE ANNA NICOLE

me

She is a great singer. She blew Byonce out of the water at the Academy Awards. And she was very good in Dreamgirls. And it makes such an amazing Cinderella story to have her go from "obscurity" to "Oscar Gold". But it's just not a true story. She would never have been offered the part in Dreamgirls (or even had a chance to audition) had it not been for American Idol. Burger King did not do that for her, so I agree with her that she does not owe Burger King a thank you (though, I think their response it fabulous). But, she certainly does owe an ENORMOUS amount to American Idol. So what if she didn't win? Don't be bitter. You got what you needed to out of it, now be appreciative!

whocares

Jennifer Hudson sucks!!! Now she'll just blow up with all the burgers she'll be eating.

whocares

I hate Kelly Clarkson too. She's another fat ass, ungrateful bitch.

Elie

I hate how full of herself she is, give it a few months NO ONE will remember her or her ego. Serves her right too.

Janet

"As God as my witness, I will never go hungry again!" - Jennifer Hudson. Nice that she has that to fall back on, I say that the Diva isn't going to be working in the industry very long. She did so well in DreamGirls because she believed that it was her own story, and she is so thickheaded that she would probably take welfare over any job because all she knows is singing, and refuses to do anything else even when she is too stubborn to perform as contracted.

Katie

Yeah, looks like she needs a Burger King card for life. They should've given her a gym membership instead. Her ego is out of control!

black dude

wow.........burger king is in love with the burger queen.....jhuge-son.....eat a salad........fatass

Tracy

Geez people!! Most of you are so judgemental!! What did she ever do to any of you? American Idol WAS a stepping stone for her, what's the problem with her saying that? And WHO EVER thanks a fast food chain when they win an OSCAR or a GOLDEN GLOBE? Get with it people! Ms. Hudson cannot control the actions of Burger King, and here you all are taking cheap shots at HER over her weight because of what Burger King did. I think she is talented and beautiful and prettier than any skinny skanky cheap looking classless slutty no talent girl out there. You people wouldn't know talent if it slapped you in the face. Let me guess, Paris Hilton is a goddess, right?? PLEASE!!!! Every interview I've heard Jennifer in she has been humble, and thankful, and classy, and has a good sense of humor. Some of you should take some ques from her and quit being so mean.

Catalina

TO comment # 6.....jessica

give me a break, that girl is no size 12. i am a size 16 and smaller than her. and so what if she is big. fuck all them skinny hoes. I like having "more to love." at least she has talent to fall back on. after all, beauty fades with time.

ShellSteak

LOOKS LIKE JENNIFERS HEAD IS ABOUT TO BLOW-UP TO THE SIZE OF THAT FAT BELLY OF HERS. YOUR FAT GIRL!!! DREAMGIRL ? GIVE ME A BREAK ! I CANNOT STOP LAUGHING, FOOL.

Tracy

OH let's not forget (to all of you making fat comments who I'm sure you are all skinny & fit) SHE HAD TO GAIN 30 POUNDS FOR THE DREAMGIRLS ROLE. So lay off of her. She has earned her fame & her awards & I feel for all of you, should you ever be in the public eye you would hate to be scrutinized this way by such arrogant people as yourselves. Lighten up people!!!

stan

she does need to stay humble,but these white guys cant appreciate the "thicka than a snicka" sista that jennifer is.I'm not sayn that she needs any more bk but she does have a fat ass and i would do her,real good.

Wow.

I think she's a beautifun girl, and yes very talented, but she is turning into a diva. American Idol is the ONLY reason that she is where she is. Like I said, very talented girl, but without that break, she'd still be at burger king.
And I agree with everyone who says "it has nothing to do with her being black" -- I HATE IT when there is any kind of judgement against someone of color, and it automatically turns into a racism issue. Look at Britney: she's white, and people are still judgeing her: if you want to be equal, expect to be judged equally.
I guess I could say that I find "BET", and "JET Magazine" racist because I'm white, but then of course I'd be the racist one somehow... what a strange world.