Celebrity Designer Arrested on Rape Charges

3/13/2007 7:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Anand JonFashion designer to the stars, Anand Jon, was arrested and jailed after cops say he raped two people.

According to the felony complaint obtained by TMZ, Jon allegedly committed a variety of horrific acts on three separate victims between October of 2004 and March 5, 2007. Along with two counts of forcible rape, Jon is also facing charges of "sexual battery by restraint, attempted forcible oral copulation and two counts of committing a lewd act upon a child."

In the document, police claim that Anand, 30, used an accomplice during the alleged sexual battery and forcible copulation. The investigation into that person is ongoing.
Anand Jon and Paula Abdul
Jon, who has been featured on MTV and is known to hang out with Paris Hilton, Paula Abdul and Michelle Rodriguez, was arrested by Beverly Hills Police on March 6, after one of his accusers came forward to authorities. An investigation uncovered two other potential victims, the youngest of whom is 15-years-old.

Jon is currently behind bars in Los Angeles County Jail, as reported earlier by New York Daily News, with bail set at $1,365,000. Jon is due back in court to face a judge on April 4.

Paris Hilton was scheduled to attend a major launch of Anand Jon's new line in India in Fall 2007, where Jon was born. The New York based designer has appeared on "America's Next Top Model." AJ Jeans were unveiled on Valentine's Day at MAGIC, a huge fashion industry convention in Las Vegas.

In 2004, Anand was featured in the "Power & Influence" list in Newsweek. He was also selected by then NYC Mayor Rudolph Giuliani for a 2000 showcase as one of the top seventy-five designers in the world. Anand's hand-painted Medusa Jeans retail for a whopping $720.

TMZ shot video of Anand Jon last July in the Hamptons at a benefit for Nature's Sanctuary, which was hosted by Michelle Rodriguez.

Disgusted

Generally police don't arrest high profile or even low profile celebrities unless they have fairly iron proof evidence that they are guilty--because they know these assholes will have high priced lawyers (i.e., OJ Simpson for one) that will manipulate and use the law and emotion to get their scum sucking, bottom feeding clients off. So they must have some pretty solid evidence to have arrested Anand. It is sad to me that there are posters on here defending him and saying there is no way he could have done the things he has been arrested for. I guess in your minds rape, molesting women and children and being a pedophile is okay. It takes a lot of courage for someone to come forward and accuse a high profile or second tier "celebrity" of rape or harassment because they know their careers are finished if they can't prove it and if they lose the battle in court. This man apparently has a long history of violent abuse as you can see from the charges and some of the posters. The very fact that bail was set so high means the judge is convinced he is a danger. I'm totally disgusted by him and those defending him.

zdogg

hey MC comment #9 wake up and smell the roses you must be sick and disgusting if you think hes hot. besides paris hilton is nothing but low life trash herself. i hope he gets to spend time in jail holding big bubba, being his boyfriend.

Lizzy

Because of a few stupid choices this mans future and everything he has worked for is down the drain. This should be a lesson to all men that can't controll their hormones. What are minors doing at his apartment anyway???? When are parents going to be held accountable for not keeping track of there kids?????

Bre

To the groupie slut who says she thinks he is hot and believes he is unable to commit such an act (Yes, MC I am talking to you),

You are no better than the person who violates a persons life in such a horrific way. Any female who decides to come forward and speak out against a person for doing the things he has done deserves the support from everyone around her, including the public. Any person who thinks they are able to get away with such cruel and intolerable acts ought to be brought to justice. It is disgusting to think that people might actually side with a guy like him. Why would a 15 year old child make up such lies? Who are you to judge them? You are sick, demented and immature. Such bigotry ought to be a crime. He will get what he deserves whether it be now or in the future. Perhaps you ought to pull your head out of his ass for a second and place yourself in one of those victims shoes. After doing so, imagine the public turning their backs against you because they thought the suspect was "hot" and/or "rich". After you have realized how helpless and vulnerable you might feel, imagine trying to continue to fight for justice. Coming forward is humiliating enough and to come forward about a guy who will catch the public eye is even worse. Shame on you.

Amy

No. 9 - it's people like you who "don't think he did it" that allow these kind of people to be accepted. What's wrong with you? You might think differently if it happened to you or your baby sister - think about it. You think he's hot? Tells me all I need to know about you.

Candie

I HATE THE ASS! I am so glad he is finally behind bars!! So many women & girls will come forward now.
He is a liar & deserves everything he gets!

Missy

Hey number 21! I hope everyone looks at number 21. You are a dumbass. Sex is beautiful IF you want it! This KIDS dont want this slimy greasy taco all over them! Maybe you two can hook up you freak!

Deb

ET you stink.....Loved your question and answer blog!!!!

KKKBBB

I did an internship with this man and could only work for four days because he was a bastard and a womanizer. I would take these like 15 year old models to clubs and hit on them and try to get them in the sack. One mother actually pulled her daughter from one of his shows because of how perversed he was...It does not surprise me and I hope the bastard goes to jail, i'm sure its not the first time he's done such a thing but these poor girls just want to further their career and they're too scared to come forward

kj

To everyone who thinks Anand Jon is innocent and especially Ronald Richards:

"Please do not jump to conclusions. The charges are not reflective of the facts." (Ronald Richards). Ronald, I just don't understand what other facts you would like to see. I just can't believe that you being such a reputable attorney would fight for a person like Anand Jon. An attorney is someone who would support the truth and righteous of people. Please think about fighting for Anand, I understand that you probably want to make some money and that's what it's all about, but think about all these poor innocent young girls who are suffering and they really don't need to be going through this horrific phase in their lives. I heard that you are highly regarded, honest man and so hoping and praying that you would do the right thing. (Remember what goes around comes around). And one more thing, even if he gets out of jail, he will have more charges of sexual assault because I know 5 other girls who would be willing to come forward and if it comes down to anything, I will definetely stand up and do something about it.

I have known Anand Jon for about 4 yrs now and to be honest I have nothing good to say about him. I have seen so much that went on with him and the girls. I have seen him verbally and physically abuse women, but I never wanted to come forward and say anything. This man has got away with this behavior with so many girls in the past 4 yrs and I thought to myself as to why no one wanted to step up and do something about it. I was disturbed by his behavior for a long period of time and so as many other girls (these girls were 15, 16, 17 yrs of age). I'm so proud of the girls who stepped up and hoping that he gets put in jail for life. I will pray everyday for these girls and I will only celebrate the day Anand Jon gets put in jail.

Please Please Please support these girls and please don't let Anand Jon get by with this.

Shauna

I know this guy. I hung out with him and a couple other girls in August of 2004 when the VMA's were in Southbeach... I believe it all!

Candice

Things I don't Understand:

Why is Paula Abdul hanging out with Paris Hilton
Why is anyone hanging out with Paris Hilton
Who is this guy?
Isn't Paula Abdul too old to be hanging out?

Miss Adena

I've met Anand Jon before and he seemed quiet and shy. This is crazy. He has emailed me before inviting me to his fashion show. Never did he seem pervy to me at all. Honestly. Who has all of the facts on this anyway?

Kuttappan EKM

Nobody is a born celebrity, nor anyone can make himself a celebrity. It is the public that makes a celebrity, a celebrity. Fashion has no definition. Anand Jon did not study fashion in his native land India. If his designs are so bad, the training he received from
the renowned fashion school Parson at New York also take the blame. Walmart customers do not buy Versachy or any high end lable. So let us not go to Wal-Mart to look for Anand Jon lable. When a designer become popular, other designers also become
jealous of that designer. May be the models are not from India. They must be those who
try to tempt the designer into his present situation.

partytimevdieos.com

Not guilty until proven guilty. I feel sorry for this guy, all the fame now down the trash. Hey visit my new site and check out new videos http://www.partytimevideos.com and my celeb site http://www.partytimevideo.com