Jolie in Vietnam to Pickup Tot

3/14/2007 4:43 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UN Goodwill Ambassador Angelina Jolie was photographed with son Maddox, 5, on their arrival at Ho Chi Minh City.

It's been reported that Jolie and companion Brad Pitt will be adopting a Vietnam-born boy to join their international brood. Their other children are Zahara, from Ethiopia, and Shiloh Nouvel, born in Namibia.

Susannah

#16: My thought would be that because Shiloh is still a baby she doesn't come out as much in public. I kept my baby home alot while she was still little. And add the paparazzi to mix, always chasing them around and snapping cameras and so forth...I'd leave her home, too. Would want to bring an infant around all of that. I think it's irresponsible to be up and carting your children off everywhere you go (Las Vegas trips, NYC trips, ect Ms. Spears). Children need stability and a natural home life. We don't see Brand and Angelina off partying all the time, leaving the kids with Nannies. It seems they only leave them for something important like work, Oscars, UN missions, ect. I'm sure as Shiloh grows we'll see her more. But I don't blame them for keeping a baby out of the limelight.

Princess

It's easy to get a *new* kid every year when you have nannies, house keeper's cook's etc. Angie and Brad are not the one's bathing them, feeding them, attending to their every need. Hell we hardly ever see Shiloh because she is almost always with the Nanny.

lelith

I don't undestand why some of you people can say all these pathetic, cruel comments with this person you hardly know who she is in person. What's wrong if she adopted this kids? I salute her for what she does, it takes a lot courage to do what she does raising this children. I admire for it.

newsflash

Sometimes women crop up in the press that have around 12 children or so, and seem to go haywire when they can no longer have any more. I don't know Angelina but I can't help making a connection.

It's hard not to have an opinion just like being a parent means you will end up being criticised somehow by someone -: working, not working, too many children, too close together, too far apart, not providing your child with a sibling, etc, etc. You'll feel guilty for something.

As long as it's not your kids firing the criticism, I guess you are doing O.K.

kiki

HOW BOUT ADOPTING FROM THE COUNTRY YOU LIVE IN, HELLLLOOOO AMERICAN CHILDREN ARE JUST AS NEGLECTED AS VIETNAME OR NAMIBIA OR FUCKING CAMBODIA! IT SEEMS LIKE THIS BITCH "BUYS" BABIES LIKE ITS A FUCKING FAD, I THINK SHE IS JUST TRYING TO TIE DOWN BRAD AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, IM SURE HELL LEAVE HER ASS IN 2 YRS OR LESS, WHO WANTS TO TAKE BETS ON WHEN THEIR OVER??

Ok

The Driver is kind of good looking. Kind of like way hotter than BrAD! She should take him home too.

All American Girl

I have my doubts that she is doing this for the right reasons. I think its becoming an obsession. Its no longer about love. Because she has money she can do what ever she wants.

vicki

what a bunch of judgemental asses! why should you care where a child comes from???? a child is a child. families all over the world have 4 or more kids and do just fine. get a life you jealous people.

Yaldah

I think what Angelina and Brad are doing is GREAT. They have the resources so why not. There are so many helpless kids in the world that need help, so if she wants to help these kids, I don't see what the problem is. Love you Angie you're the best!!!!!!!!

Donna

I have to agree with the comments about this seeming rather odd and why does she need to adopt another child when she already has 3 little ones to take care. She's jetting all around the world making movies, performing her UN duties, etc. so how can she be a real mom to these kids? Nannies don't fill in all the roles.

I personally think it is admirable for people to be unselfish and open their homes by adopting children especially ones with special needs. Lately though, these adoptions by celebrities seem more like buying a pedigree dog from urban pet shop.

Why doesn't Angelina, Madonna or any of the other celebrities use thier power, money and celebrity to improve the quality of life by adopting a special needs child? Can you imagine how the children left behind, that have a variety of handicaps or are disfigured from abuse, feel that they have yet again been passed by for a happy, healthy child? The thought of that tugs at my heart and overshadows any admiration I could have for what should be a selfless act.

monique

If she wants to tie Brad down, why not just have more biological babies?

Princess

#11 She thinks she's perfect but breaks up marriages and then dispenses with men like they're used tampons.

Princess

****************BECAUSE ADOPTING KIDS FROM AMERICA WILL NOT GET HER THE PUBLICITY THAT AN AMERICAN CHILD WOULD THAT'S WHY!!!!!! Also it doesn't fit into her SAINTLY image of adopting poor kids from other countries!

acg

Ahh Maven, did I touch a nerve? Good. Get your head out of your ass and pay attention to what's going on in your country. (If this even IS your country. These days, who can tell wtih the amount of illegals everywhere sucking up our resources). The poverty rate in America is at a high not seen since the great depression. That doesn't concern you at all? It surely does me. Maybe its crass of me to think so, but I feel as if our own country's children should be taken care of first and foremost. And, if you think for one minute that it would be that hard for Angelina Jolie to adopt an American child you are as retarded as your post makes you out to be. As for what I'm doing for orphaned/sick children in America, I do what I can, thanks. Between donations to salvation army and the DAV, I also work twice a month at a soup kitchen in the largest city near where I live. But I don't have a lot of time, working full time, and balancing that with my own chilrens' activities. But then again, I think when one has a child, they should actually raise that child. Not just bring it out of the house twice a month for a photo op.

Princess

#21 You have no idea what the hell you are talking about! IT DOES NOT TAKE 5 YEARS TO ADOPT A CHILD IN AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!