Pax Joins Jolie-Pitt Clan

3/14/2007 11:23 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Here's the first look at Angelina Jolie's newest adopted child.
Pax Thien Jolie
Angelina Jolie left an orphanage in Vietnam today with the 3-year-old boy she plans to adopt. The director of the orphanage, Nguyen Van Trung, confirmed to the AP that Vietnamese officials had approved the adoption.

The boy's birth name was Pham Quang Sang, but his adopted name is Pax Thien Jolie. Pax means "peace" in Latin, while Thien means "good" or "kind." Pax joins Maddox, 3, Zahara, 2, and Shiloh, 10 months. Maddox and Zahara were adopted from Cambodia and Ethiopia, respectively. Jolie gave birth to Shiloh last May in Namibia.

Jolie, with Maddox in tow, got the tot from an orphanage in the morning, then went to the Department of Justice in Ho Chi Minh City, where a ceremony was conducted in which Jolie officially adopted the child. Her partner, Brad Pitt, is not on the adoption papers and did not accompany her to Vietnam.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

marsha

I think it's great Angelina is adopting another orphan... my only question is why would she change the boy's name at the age he is at? I could understand changing it if it were a baby... but 3 years old? I would think that she might want to let him keep the name he has grown up with so far...

Glenda

I don't like the fact that she changed his name to her designer name. Let's just take this boys identiy away along with his background. Because I am St. Angelina and I feel I can do no wrong. She may be doing some good works but I don't agree with the name change,

p

Thankfully it's not up to you, Glenda. It's a shame people have to try so hard to find negativity. Congratulations for the new edition and what a lucky little boy!

Steph

Aww...hes so cute. congrats to the couple :) They only allow single people or married couples to adopt in Vietnam, not people cohabitating. Brad will probably adopt once he gets back to the states!

Dez Hush

Joile is a amazing person. I cant wait do adopt the only difference is that there are also a lot of childreen in the USA that need familys also. I wonder why she dosent adop here. I wish her the best of luck with her lastest member. And hopefully, the media will not overwelm the child. Luv u angie n brad

pete

Anybody curious to know what happens to all those other kids?

Mythbreak

She has an addict's personality and her newest addiction is adopting children. I agree she shouldn't have changed his name and am rather horrified that her rationale for this adoption is because Maddox needed a playmate of similar heritage. I suspect Maddox's head is reeling over the "instant family" and his loss of only son status. Sometimes life is a case of "just because you can, doesn't mean you should." Enough adoptions; focus on raising the children you have.

Cheryl

I know a responsible and financially stable couple that have been waiting to adopt a baby from a foreign country for over a year. They have had to jump through hoops, be interviewed, have their home viewed and still they wait. Angelina gets a child in a week. Why should it be easier for her???

Dottie

#1, I agree about the name change. He's 3yrs old not an infant. This will be hard for him.
#2, I agree about adoption of US children. They are in dire need of loving homes.

Is Angie trying to be the next Mia Farrow? We all know how that turned out.

j9

She paid for the child-not adopted. They rushed her application because she donated $2 million to the orphanage. Any other person would have to wait the required period of time to adopt a child. She skates by the laws again with her adoptions.

available

I'm all for adoption ,IF, its solely done out of LOVE, and, a compassion for the children.The fact that theres starving children in the usa,and,MS VOIGHT seems to not CARE to adopt from here-just shows me she wants the media attention,but hey! The kid looks better than her and brads bio child. Guess shes afraid they'll look like her dad!LMAO

yo momma

notice how she picks the cutest one out of the bunch every time??? guess when you're angelina jolie you cant have an ugly kid.

available

Look at those 3 little boys to the right! My heart aches for them!!!!!!!!! WHY did they pick just the best looking of the bunch?=and fattest/heathiest looking??IF they really wanted to HELP they would have picked one that NEEDED nurturing MORE.Well,well done brad shits and ange he looks better than your OWN spawn.

Allison

TMZ.... yesterday you said Maddox was 5... today hes 3.. how does that work?

T

I agree that the boy should have kept his name. I wonder if she and Brad were having a hard time pronouncing it.....However, he probably does feel blessed that someone is taking him to a real home. I also agree that there are far too many children right here to adopt, but of course, she'd have to wait such a long time.......

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments