Elton's

Rear Admiral

3/14/2007 11:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Can you feel the military tonight? Sir Elton John and his partner David Furnish emerged triumphantly in full Reg-imental garb from Shoreditch Town Hall in the East End of London.

Elton John and David Furnish
The couple was not returning from a reenactment of a World War I battle; rather, they had just celebrated John's 60th birthday, along with Sir Paul McCartney, the Osbournes and Kate Moss. The black-tie affair was studded with other high-ranking members of the British social army, including Hugh Grant, Sting and Thandie Newton.

ans

Almost makes me want to look at the National Enquirer's dead photos of Anna.

ROBIN

SORRY GUYS MY MOMMY SAID I HAVE TO GO NOW!

stephanie

I don't care if they are gay or not, but to desecrate the Marine uniform like that is scandalous. First off, I don't think Sir Elton's boyfriend is an American and to dress in an AMERICAN soldier's uniform, especially the creme de la creme of the American airforces- the Marines, is a disgrace.

So this foreign gets to goof on the U.S. soldier? Grrrrrrrrrrr, that pisses me off!!! No more Elton John for me. No more respect for such a prissy bully.

JMJ

So sweet !!!!!! Was it a costume party?

Jim

I am a former Marine and that just disgusts me. Many men and women go through hell to have the priviledge to wear that uniform. This guy prancing around in it is just disrespectful.

Mad Balls

WOW ! Can we burry Anna again so we get some original comment ?? Rear Admiral ?? HA HA TMZ good one ! How about " All men on deck " ??
or " Drop and give me forty , soldier " or reference to " Poop deck " or some mention of " Standing at Attention " . Oh I could go on but I have a life to live and bills to pay . See you later Welfare slobs .

Elli

Elton's partner is wearing a US Marine Corps uniform. He's NOT a Marine and he's dressing up in the uniform for fun. As a sister of a Marine who served in Iraq I'm appalled!!!

???

T.A. this is a gossip site. Not a political forum. Go there if you don't like what you see here. You won't be missed.

uniformsformilitarypersonnelonly

A better question everyone should be asking themselves is.... Where did these 2 get these authentic uniforms from, and is it that easy to obtain one? What if Terrorists got ahold of a marine uniform in this country. Just think of the damage they can do. No one would ever question a "marine" in uniform. Scary thought !

Buck Ramone

The 10% stat is completely fabricated. No legitimate survey has ever shown that 10% of the popn is gay. Even gay rights organizations admit that the number is 3%, at most. Most agree that it's closer to 2.5%, some as low as 1%.

Buck Ramone

Does anyone else think Furnish looks like Jim Nabors, a.k.a. Gomer Pyle, USMC?

Dee

Where in the world is Matt Lauer??

HesAlive

He's not dead after all, why it's Benny Hill 'straight' from a 10 year stint @ the 6 foot under club. Am I the only one to see the resemblance?

And to those who are so damned appalled @ the Marine getup, get over it. Rest assured there's plenty of back door boys in your midst. And it's only a bunch of threads shaped to fit a body, nothing important to get your knickers in a knot over. It's not like they were attending a gay anti-war pride parade while pissing on the American flag, come on.

SusyClemens

Oh, Ledbetter, lighten up. They look ridiculous; why shouldn't we all say so. I don't agree with gay bashing but these two are just fools.

Fleiter

My father fought on Iwo Jima. He has a right to wear a Marine dress uniform. Any other man or woman who endured Parris Island boot camp and served his or her time in the Corp deserves to do so as well. This guy next to Elton should be beaten, regardless of his sexual orientation. It's one thing to wear that uniform in a movie or play when you are portraying a Marine. It's another to wear it to a costume party. He should apologize and so should Elton for letting him do it.