The Babwa-fication

Of Rock 'n' Roll

3/15/2007 5:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

When aging male rockers like Barry Manilow, Rod Stewart and Jon Bon Jovi need beauty advice, they turn to ... Barbara Walters?!

Barry Manilow, Rod Stewart, Barbara Walters, Jon Bon Jovi, Richie Sambora,
The 77-year-old "View" host is fast becoming the go-to-ma'am for the latest in blown-out, wispy, ash blonde shag trends for the post-post-post-MTV crowd. When you're a graying Grammy winner, the Rosie man-bob just won't do! He bangs!

And for you men who find yourselves pushing 50 and beyond, but don't feel like going blonde, fear not -- the starched Walters Wave also comes in a lush Richie Sambora Chestnut Brown!

Only your hairdwesser will know for sure!

SuperStarSteve

I think they all look fab!

Signed,
1,000 yr old man

aliendogfear

Is it just me or is Jon BonJovi wearing make-up? I think Barry and Babwa go to the same plastic surgeon. Twinsies!!

she smiled

Sambora's "chick bangs" go well with his "bitch tits". Perfect!

whocares

oh my fuckin word, this is too hilarious.

Dan Mann

Jim Rome was calling Baba Wawa Rod Stewart five years ago.

stephanie

back off bud.............you can say what the f*** you want about barry manilow............but leave my hot rod alone..........not too mention richie sambora.......back off ...........

i am sure that barry manilow takes it as a compliment to be compared to barbara but most people can only dream of looking like rod at his age

richie is still young and hot.....well jon..........that is up in the air

just back off of rod please before i have to kick some cyber bootie

Pattie

Barbara looks better than any of the aging rockers. You go girl!

Toni

I think all five look great and I commend them for doing what they do and how many of us would look so good on close-up shots.

Enjoy the moment!

Jessica

These articles are just stupid. Don't they have anything better to talk about? Meanwhile, that hair just changes from person to person, so I really don't see what they're talking about. By the way, Bon Jovi is a band who's always stayed out of this cheap gossip crap, so don't even bother trying to throw them into that field. They have a life, something that people like the one who wrote this article don't have.

Chris

Geez, Jessica #28, where have you been? Jon Bon Jovi normally stays out of the gossip loop, but Riche blew that out of the water, all on his very own. Now Richie looks bloated, drunk in public, botoxed, quite possibly face lifted, with a crotch flashing substance user (as you can see I do not buy the lipgloss/sunscreen/chapstick excuse), to only mention a few. He may be back to earning his "Hollywood" nickname he had from the band a long time ago. TMZ should have used one of the photos taken of him and Denise at an after Grammy party, or they could have used the one with his hand up her shirt, but then you can't see his hair too much in that one, now those photos are lookers....ugh!

Rosie

Jon definitely shouldn't be on this list. Have you seen his RSVP commercial? The man is hot and has gotten better with age. :)

Sharon

OMG, I can't believe some of these comments.....who are they from??? And where are they from???? Jon Bon Jovi is one of the hottest men alive.....the band still sounds great, RItchie looks good.......and Jon.....he nowhere near belongs in this conversation!!. And his hair never looked better..... suppose you experts would rather that they shaved their heads and shined them which seems to be the latest......I love you Howie.......but that head......ugh!!!! Give me that shaggie hair any time!!!!

Jessica

To OneWildNight #30:

There's no doubt all this crap started when Richie divorced Heather and got engaged to Denise Richards. The point is, most of those Hollywood celebrities CAN'T WAIT and do their best to end up in the gossip circle. I don't know about Denise, but Richie never wanted that. Still, the press is being beyond MEAN and CRUEL to him, with no reason. Sure, the man doesn't exactly represent health, but that's because of a specific reason, it's not the one to blame, he didn't ask for all this crap he's going through. The man REALLY, REALLY loved Heather; so all this divorce thing, involving his beloved daughter too, just killed him. That's why he is the way he is now. Of course the gutter press is taking advantage of it, but it's not exactly a nice thing to do. And now they're starting to involve Jon too, as if he had ANYTHING to do with all this. I'm getting tired of this. That's not who they are, that's not what they deserve, that's not what they want. They're "just" musicians who want to do their jobs and keep their fans living a dream. I really hope all this crap will stop soon.

ROSE F

WELL FOR ONE THING BARRY HAS HAD HIS HAIR LIKE THIS FOR SOME TIME NOW, AT LEAST 3YRS OR SO, MAYBE BABS PICKED IT UP FROM HIM????....

dot2

I am a huge fan of Jon Bon Jovi. Not only is he a warm individual, he has talent that has sustained the test of time. I do agree that Jon appears "washed out" at times. I personally don't like his hair VERY blonde. If asked to provide some constructive criticism, I would encourage him to loose that "ledge" he often has hanging in front of his forehead. Personally I like his hair in front a bit shorter. Overall he is so wonderful..He would need to change nothing to please me.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments