Diamonds Are Lakisha's Best Friend

3/20/2007 7:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lakisha JonesTMZ has just learned that on tonight's episode of "American Idol," Lakisha Jones will sing the Shirley Bassey hit "Diamonds Are Forever" as part of the 60s British Invasion music theme.

A source in the audience at tonight's dress rehearsal, also tells TMZ that Sanjaya's BFF will be dripping in head to toe Kwiat diamonds. Bling and sing, honey! You glow girl!

Dottie

I was so disappointed Lakeisha decided NOT to do "You're My World" as Lulu suggested. That really would have been the perfect song for her magnificent, powerful voice. Oh well, she did okay anyway. Of course Lakeisha could sing the phone book and make it sound great!

Me

#7: Actually, I sang for many years. Surprise.

You missed the point. I didn't say I didn't like them. To the contrary, I hope Melinda wins...and I don't think Lakisha is untalented. Now, go back and read the post again. Or have someone read it to you and then explain it to you, because your illiteracy is showing.

AngieMNDC

Not sure why I heard not a single Beatles song on British night!! Its a girls season, with soul trio in the lead (kiki, melinda and jordan), but don't count the rocker out. The kat whatabee needs to go away NOW with the guys.

smartkim

AMERICAN IDOL SUCKS,,I WATCHED IT ONCE DID NT LIKE IT,,,PLUS THIS YOUNG LADY WILL NOT WIN ANYWAY....AND ANOTHER THING DON'T TKE IT WRONG

smartkim

just keeping it real

I think American Idol should be on BET. next season............................

Missy

#10 What is your assumption of star quality? Oh i know. Pretty and petite. You are a true American. A country of fakes.

flyinskyler

Is it me or just maybe I have watched too many seasons of Idol but I just cannot get into it this season. Usually, I cannot decide who to vote for because there is so much talent. The girls have this season won already...well at least two possibly do. I am just getting bored with it.

Redneck Messiah

bitch looks like she could eat an apple through a picket fence.

!!!!ZOMG!!!!ZOMG!!!!ZOMG!!!!

I totally fell out of my chair laughing.

lets see, what else......i hate talking on the phone.....homeless people creep me out....my parents are dead...i like cookies!....tmz is getting [/stretch /yawn] boring.

=o/

V

Lakisha did an excellent job with that song! One of the best singers on Idol!

Not My Bowl Of Rice

Actually, amazing to see & hear that Sanjaya wasn't the worst singer this week! The girl with the red streak on her hair was. And Lakisha??..ugh! Cubic Circonia version of "Diamonds Are Forever!!!

ryansutherland (london)

www.mothering.com/discussions/forumdisplay.php?f=44

OMG... WTF is a picture of Patti "PORTLY" Labelle doing up there, yo? I thought this was a story about Lakis-awhatever from American Idol

ryansutherland (london)

*Ring*Ring*....Reality Calling, rotgdfflmgdfao (rolling on the god damn fucking floor laughing my god damn fucking ass off) that's funny!!!! She could eat an apple through a picket fence!!!!11 That's funny stuff! You da man. :-D

3.14

my comment is .......i don't really care......American Idol all the people look the same sound the same have to sing songs that they normally wouldn't sing so it sounds super messed up....not to mention they are singing and moving around of course its gonna sound crappy! not a fan...........

Peep

I think Lakisha did good, not great. Bad song choice for Gina, we know she's better than that! Stephanie? Her voice was all-over-the-place! What was up with THAT? She hardly had control of that song the entire way through. Worst of night hands down!! The beatboxer is getting old.. real fast.

That guy who wants to be Justin Timberlake should get the boot. He's so bland. I don't even know his name. When he comes on I already know to use that time as my bathroom break. Sorry dude, you suck.

Lastly, that little girl crying in the audience made my night. She was so emotional I couldn't help but laugh. Ah.. to be young and starstruck. :)

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments