Will Ferrell and Woody Harrelson

B-Ball Gods or Goons?

3/22/2007 2:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

woody harrelson and will ferrellCan white men jump ... or not? That's the debate raging in the TMZ newsroom after we got word from an insider on the set of Will Ferrell and Woody Harrelson's new flick, "Semi-Pro," that both actors are garbage on the basketball court.

According to our source, the pair were a couple of ball-bumbling baboons yesterday. In fact, our guy said that for the majority of the 15-hour day, the guys could barely get a shot near the rim.

This has, however, sparked a rumble here in the office. According to Daniel, a TMZ staffer who has actually played with Ferrell before, "Will definitely has game". Now, since Daniel has yet to reveal the quality of his own athletic talent, it's possible that Will could suck and yet be considered an all-star compared to our guy. (Ed.'s note: I'm good, dammit! -- Daniel)

As far as Woody goes, he played the ringer in the 1992 film "White Men Can't Jump," and appeared to be a b-ball expert in the film. In fact, a friend of TMZ wrote in to say Woody is definitely a baller. Guess anyone can have an off day.

antiAMERICAN IDOL

Maybe these guys can't shoot with their basketball skills, but I've had my share of white dudes than can indeed "shoot ball", if you know what I mean.

The rumors only apply to those that believe them...
by a sassy sista who really knows...

rose

Leave Woody alone, he is going through a lot right now.

Lolly

I heard that Woody Harrelson is a really good basketball player, according to someone who was part of the audience while they shot scenes for semi-pro.

TYRONE

WOODY H . IS A JERK I WAS WORKING AS A HOSTESS FOR A CELEBRITY BIRTHDAY A WHILE AGO AND WHEN THE PARTY WAS OVER AND WE GOT THE ORDER TO STOP SERVING DRINKS HE REQUESTED ANOTHER DRINK ..WE ALREADY HAD PACKED EVERYTHING HE INSISTED BUT FOR CERFEW RAISON ( IT WAS PAST 2AM AND IN CALIFORNIA THAT S THE LAW NO ALCOHOL SERVE AFTER THE TIME ) WE HAD TO REFUSE..HE GOT SUPER MAD AT US THE LITTLE PEOPLE WORKING LIKE DOGS TO SATISFIE EVERYBODY...AND INSULT US ..AND TOLD US ...YOU DON T KNOW WHO I AM THIS KIND OF BEHAVIOR MADE US LAUGH AT HIM ...WE DON T GIVE A DAMN WHO YOU ARE WE ANSWERED....HE WAS READY TO FIGHT AND FORTUNATLY THE MAIN BOSS CAME AND TOLD HIM TO LEAVE NICELY...I HATE THIS IDIOT SINCE...NO SUPRISE HE S NOBODY NOW....

He's Boring now

Wouldnt surprise me if Will cant play...when would he ever have had or has now, the time to just shoot around? The guy is a movie making machine with what seems to be very little time for anything else in life. Irregardless of his shooting ability, I do wish the man would give us a break from the onslaught of another movie coming out, one being worked on, or the one that will soon be in the works.

Stay home awhile and show your own son how to shoot a basketball before you burn us and yourself out from another whacky movie.

kim

Woody could play Howard K. Stern, just die his hair black.

Me

Not true.....I was an extra in this movie and I was actually impressed....pro's no.....but not bad at all :)

terry

I was at a all day taping last friday, 3/16 and different screenshots were taken however many many times the guys were playing 3v3 and let me tell you, each of these guys can play. yes they goofed off alot too but they looked good out there.

rp

Woody is a very good player...he was much much better than Wesley when they filmed "White Men..."

Intelligent Guy

bullshit, i played with woody in nyc and he can play.

malvolio

...WH's dad just died. i'm not sure i'd be "on my game" either. give him some credit for being back at work....

April

You are pointing out the same thigs here.

MARY ELLEN

It's been fifteen years since the comedy "White Me Can't Jump. Too many beers and women later. Woody is more "Kingpin" than you might imagine. Now that character was a true hero. Later for jumping what about rolling a ball with a "false hand?"