Britney Rushes to Hospital

3/25/2007 11:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that Britney Spears was admitted to Century City Hospital just a few hours ago, for some emergency work on one of her teeth.

Sources close to the singer tell TMZ that Spears checked in because she was experiencing significant pain in one of her molars. She was seen leaving the hospital less than one hour later.

In a statement to That Other Blog, Spears' rep Larry Rudolph said that stories on other Internet sites claiming that Spears is in a tailspin are WRONG -- "They're all wrong, she just went to the dentist. She had a toothache, I have no more details."

Jenna

My teeth hurt too, but at least I don't have to worry about every news organization reporting on it when I have to go to the doctor for it. Poor Britney! I feel for the girl.

Meghansbook.com

Doug

Who are these people that say back off and let this fat and ugly midget armed woman who is a horrible mother live her own life.... give me a break - she signed up for the deal when she decided to release a song to the media who vies for attention - it's her career, she wanted it, live it, deal with it! Also, I bet her chomping of her teeth by chewing like a horse all the time has gotten her in tooth trouble.. dumb whore.

just me

OMG britney has a tooth ache alert the media. WHATEVER we all know she was needing some vicoden. Alert us when real news happens!

ohbrit!

I have been referred to the ER by my dentist on a weekend to get a shot of antibiotics, giving me a jump start on the normal 10 day regime of pills. Even addicts have genuine pain that needs to be treated and if she got some dope for the pain at least she's doing it through the proper chanels. MD's DO treat oral problems you know. One of the things that makes it so hard for addicts to stay clean is the number of people just waiting and expecting them to fail. I don't know if she'll succeed in recovery or not, hell, I don't know for sure she's an addict, only she knows that for sure. As for her parenting skills, all I ever read about are the mistakes she makes, so don't have a clue about her interactions with her children. Sure glad I wasn't judged by all my parenting mistakes. I've been less than a perfect parent when I was young (and still today), I abused subtances as a coping mechanism before I learned some healthy coping skills. Everyone takes the wrong road now and then, EVERYONE. So you take a wrong turn, you turn yourself around, you make some more wrong turns and turn yourself around again. The only thing different about this kid is that everything she does is under media scrutiny. I'm not really a fan of hers, don't care for her music, but hate to see anyone self destruct. I hope she finds some balance in her life and some peace. I'm glad I'm not a hotshot the public cared about cuz I sure wouldn't want my kids to come across articles like these, or my grandkids who weren't born before I straightend my life out. Sigh...

Khanndy

I think we get more updates on Britney Spears than we do our president. That's crazy. Why do we need to know about her teeth? SMH

Loser O'Quinn

If she has a toothache, the doctors will give her drugs. Poor thing... she is so addicted!

Nichole Grant

She probably wanted some pills!!!!

ohbrit!

53. She probably wanted some pills!!!!

Well, how would any of us KNOW what she wanted? And if you were in pain wouldn't you want drugs? I'm very careful these days about substances, but I'm no martyr either. Thanks for the info from Pa324, sounds like info from someone with experience!

chopchop

#29 Matt: I am an ER nurse and yes, hospitals do see patients with dental problems. Just a few days ago I had a patient with several teeth in need of desperate repair. We contacted the oral surgeon that was on-call and he came in and fixed him right up. Please do a little research before you post comments on subjects that you know nothing about.

uniformsformilitarypersonnelonly

IT'S CALLED "WITHDRAWAL"

Dave

Legal Dope!!

smark

Just a thought

Seems like a ligit way for her to score some drugs - so much for rehab.......

angela

Yes, many of the patients we see in the ER are often rushed to the ER by breathless paramedics for a toothache. And just in the nick of time, too. Toothaches are unpredictable; you never know when it could escalate into someting fatal, so we generally place them ahead of all of the waiting patients with chest pain, those who can't breathe, those with almost no blood pressure, and those who have various objects impaled in them. Please. If I had that kind of money, I would have a dentist come to my home to treat my toothache. The ONLY people I have ever seen in the ER for a toothache in 12 years are the ones who didn't have insurance and had a massive infection OR the drug seekers.

Oh good one you are so tied-down and so miserable

I've worked in so many hospitals, as a staff and registry nurse, for a toothache checking into a hospital? She must have had some other complication.

From what I've heard it would be safe to assume that Britney needs to be COMMITED, that means involuntary hospitalization because she will not go willingly (had to be bribed by K-Fed) and she will not stay in the hospital long enough.to get help.

She has a history of mental instability starting with that 56 hour marriage and the rest, not just one isolated incident but it is a series of impulsive, acting out and self-endangering situations she displays.

The people around her need to be very firm and not allow her to lead them, she needs MAJOR help

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments