Sanjaya Hunger Striker Powers On

3/26/2007 2:14 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sanjaya Malaker"J," the MySpacer who wants Sanjaya Malakar off "American Idol," is nine days into her hunger strike and feeling the effects.

She had planned to post a video entry to update fans on her condition, but instead wrote a blog Sunday night that read, "I know I promised you guys a YouTube video, but I am just feeling too tired and weak to do it tonight. I don't even know how I'm typing this right now."

The night before, she cautioned readers not to attempt a hunger strike of their own: "I got a few messages from people that say that [sic] want to join in the strike, I must reiterate over again that I do not recommend this. It's really not fun."

Perhaps it's time that "J" admits defeat and has a cheeseburger.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Clariieiizdashyt

ii honestlii thiink thiis siituatiion iis rather sad but ii do thiink she iis lyiin and not starviing herself but thiis provez the crazii thiingz people wiill do to see Sanjayah kiicked off once and for all he cant siing a note iin tune and good siingerz are goiin home juss because everiione liikez hiiz haiirstyles thiis iis not a joke iit can become someonez future ii thiink alot of people of natiive ameriican and iindiian background are votiing for hiim because we have never had an ameriican iidol of the iindiian background ii thiink iit iiz verrii verrii sad though we need to just kiick sanjayah off the topiic iis to controversal and he cant siing ameriican iidol iis a siingiin competiitiion not a haiir show so can we please just stop votiing for a person who cant not ii repeat CAN NOT SIING goodbye

jdk

in the begaing it was good now he is just bab. I liked because he gave me the young MJ look of old yet now he looks like a juke Idol dont need help ldols pass has seen to that. Your has come and past 15m let go so the real ones can be seen. The way he is now MJ would never be, because MJ would not try and stan it the way of others trying to get to the top.

Mohoney

For the idiot whose starving her self because Sanjaya is still on AI must have some deep rooted personal issues that she personally need to deal with. Better yet, who would even believe you? Your picture proves you're not capable of pushing away the plate at dinner time or any other time. And for all of you who are upset that Sanjaya is still on the show don't be upset with him. It's simple, all you have to do is remember not to hate the "player" hate the game. I happen to think that Sanjaya is a very refreshing breath of fresh air, something all of you Sanjaya haters should breath in, and you know who you are. Hey you'll feel much better if you did. Go Sanjaya, you got it going on.

Talent is not a factor anymore!

Obviously talent is not a factor on this season of American Idol. Sanjaya can not sing. Taylor Hicks was also a disaster. Why do it to America again. Let's get back to picking people we know will sell records and make America proud! Like Kelly Clarkson. That girls is still doing her thang after 5 or 6 years. That is what American Idol is all about. Picking a good singer! If American can't do it then change the format and let judges pick by talent. Not by popularity.

P

mary b

Why starve yourself when you can just change the channel and watch something else and have a snack or two.

Donna Bills

The starving wacko...Don't waste time..go jump off a bridge and take the fruit cake with you. I have watched AI from season 2, and this is the season that I won't waste my time in voting. The wacko J. needs to get the hell off the show, because as long as he is on the show nobody will take this show seriously. The show is a joke and its sickening to watch the fruit cake/

Varae

The affect Sanjaya is having on American Idol is the EXACT affect we could have on the next Presidential election....his continued appearance week after week should show the 100 million viewers the true power of their vote. Is it amazing to anyone other than me that 30 million people PAY to vote for the next American Idol but for free, we can't vote for our government officials?

President Bush understands Sanjaya COMPLETELY...you don't have to be good to get the vote!

Sandi

Thank you acg - thank you!

Mark

For those who insist on voting for SANJAYA just to destroy AI, you are pathetic and need to get a life. If you don’t like the show then don’t watch it. I used to like Howard Stern but I can’t stand him now. What he and “Vote the Worst.com” are doing is wrong. AI is not just a show or even a talent show it is an opportunity for many people. Yes to some degree it is a popularity contest but most of the people who make the top 6 really have talent (Most Not ALL). If not for AI most of these people would never have even made it out of their basements or hometowns. People such as Bucky, Carrie Underwood, Kellie Pickler, Ruben, Clay, Fantasia, Elliott, Taylor, Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson and many many others would never have had an opportunity to show what they could do without this show. And we would have never had the opportunity to hear or see them. Some have made it in the music business others have taken other avenues in the entertainment industry but most would have never made it without AI.

Some say the reason they want to end the show is because there are people who are talented who never make it to the TV when other less talented ones do. Lets face it this is an entertainment show. This is probably true but is that a good enough reason to not want the show to continue. There are a lot of talented people out there but not everyone can make it. Some of them may have tried out for AI and been turned down for one reason or another. That is the real world. A lot of people who are more talented than others just don’t make it. That is still no reason to take an opportunity away from the few who are able use it.

The joke needs to end. You’re destroying a good thing for no other reason other than you can. You’re also destroying a lot of possible dreams along with it and that is just not fair or right. I personally don’t want the Voting aspect of the show to end because it is an important part of the show and is what has helped make it what it is, but that is what will happen if this continues.

Another thing to consider is SANJAYA himself, for those voting for him, do you really think your helping him. He has had to see what is going on. I know if it where me I would not want to make it this way. I’m sure he has to be somewhat embarrassed that he is only there because of people who only want him there as a joke. I don’t blame SANJAYA, I blame the idiots voting for him out of spite for the show. SANJAYA is only trying to live a dream. Unfortunately after the show ends he is going to fall flat on his face. When the reality hits that he sucks and cannot sell any CD’s he is going to be devastated. He will forever be remembered as the kid who destroyed AI if he wins or the kid who couldn’t sing who almost destroyed AI if he doesn’t. Not something to be proud of. So for everyone’s benefit please do not torture this kid or us listeners any more and stop this joke. If your voting for SANJAYA ask yourself, would you really by any of his CD’s. If the answer is no then please stop voting for him if the answer is yes get your ears checked.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8