Y-nona Files for D-vorce

3/27/2007 4:44 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Winona JuddCountry superstar Wynonna Judd has filed for divorce from her estranged husband, D.R. Roach, one week after he was arrested in Texas on charges of child sex abuse.

In a statement on her official website, Judd expressed her devastation surrounding the three counts of aggravated sexual battery against Roach, but is confident that she will remain strong through the tough times. "Our family will pull together, begin the healing process and hopefully - by the Grace of God - become stronger" said Judd. "We will move forward with our faith, family and our friends to find resolution to this difficult situation."

Judd cites irreconcilable differences as the official reason for the split.

Roach is reportedly being held in the Taylor County Jail.

According to Judd, Roach had been seeking treatment for drug and alcohol addiction at the Shades of Hope Treatment Center in Buffalo Gap, Texas since February 21, 2007.

The couple was married in November, 2003.

kia

#4 you are despicable.

Wynonna has two young children herself by her first marriage. It is horrific no matter who he molested, but if it was her kids, she will feel she brought the evil to them. So sad.

aria

Have a heart, guys. How devastating this must be for her and children. Breaking up a family is never easy, especially under these horrible circumstances. Sending a prayer out to her today...

Christina

Hang in there, Wy. You will get through this.

Claire Collins

I cannot imagine anything more painful, humiliating, or devastating. I think she is a good singer and I enjoy her act. She comes from a family of beautiful women. I hope her family helps her through what has to be an absolutely horrible situation. There are many victims in a case like this. All of these lives devastated by abuse. The cycle of hate and pain and rage. Terrible. I hope she will find hope in the church and in her community.

SusiQ

Wynona, we love you and pray that you will come through this unscathed. It's best to find this out now rather than later. Hang in there, you've been thru a lot and you will get thru this.

james

Was it a boy or girl he molested?

kass

LOTS OF LUV TO YA WYNONNA... HANG IN THERE GAL WE ALL LUV AND ANS WILL KEEP YA IN OUR PRAYERS..

Melonie

Hey Wondering,

Just to clear some of your red neck biggotted arrogance, according to statistics, the majority of child predators are WHITE males between the ages of 24 -50.

They come from all classes too.

Oh My Gosh I BET U R FAT !

I remember my uncles molesting me as a child but I never told because they were gentle & bought me whatever I wanted,24/7.I don't feel scarred by it & I still talk to both my uncle we just don't have sex anymore.

They about to get paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he had to do something,y just got bigger and the sex just sucked,he was only staying for the money,but I think he will get a pretty fat check

fame ho

You are an amazing woman, stay strong and proud. Take care of you and the kids.
You will be OK...take some good time to enjoy life....it always works out.....

JacksBack

Wy's husband was her bodyguard for over 10 years before they got married, so, she thought she knew him. Per the local news in Nashville he was arrested in Texas because that's where he was in rehab at, but the sexual battery charges were filed by local Nashville police, so, let's just hope he didn't hurt Wy's kids!

Larry wanna a cracker?

This has to be just heartbreaking for Wynonna who already has had so many problems in her life. Talent galore, yes. But on the personal side Wynonna seems to be in an neverending struggle.

I hope her mother doesn't do the talk show rounds because the last thing Wynonna needs right now is Naomi speaking about this from her self-righteous and self-serving pulpit.

Oh My Gosh I BET U R FAT !

So what? She is RICH I don't feel sorry for RICH PEOPLE.

johnnie

Stay strong and keep your head up. Maybe you should go solo for awhile where the men are concerned. Give yourself a rest. Good luck and God Bless you.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments