Eddie

Gets 'Crashie'

From Jimmy K.

3/30/2007 12:29 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Click to return to TMZ.comEddie Griffin collected a trophy for his high profile Ferrari crash -- but it's not necessarily an honor.

On last night's "Jimmy Kimmel Live," Jimmy gave the questionable road menace a Crashie Award for "Best Celebrity Driver" for his totaling of an Enzo at a charity event this past Monday. Kimmel explained that past winners included the car-seat phobic Britney Spears, and Billy Joel, who once crashed into a house.

Ever appreciative, Griffin thanked "the producer (whose Ferrari was the one he totaled), the director and the manufacturer, 'cuz I'm still here."

So what's next for Griffin now that he's won the coveted golden award? "I'm going to Disneyland!"

maxii

JACKASS

Pam The Real Pam

Well-------I hope this guy did the right thing and offered to at least split the losses with the owner of the car. That is the RIGHT thing to do, but I know these days, this younger generation of people don't necessarily do the Right thing, they just think of themselves.

cleveland1

i really think it was a hoax. watch the video very closely when the man standing on the track does not even flinch. because he knew what was going to happen.

ohnoudient

Next time, Eddie, don't try to drive a car that damn fast and flick the ashes off your blunt at the same time with your crazy ass lol

savon

Just a stunt to get publicity for his damn stupid movie. Still here--damn shame.

Andrea

I do not believe that it was an accident. I honestly believe that it was a hoax. Just publicity for the movie. If he accidently crashed the producers car he would not be giving him a trophy and making light of it. He would be angry.

Mr Ryan Kyles

I guess sleazeball Howard K. Stern can't get any sleazier, he went on some newsprogram in the Bahamas yesterday night and told the host that he was going to sell pictures of Daniel's death so that Anna can "finally have some peace". Here's the clip on youtube:

no pervs allowed

Honestly, that wasn't me in the passenger seat trying to grab the wheel away from him to make the car crash,,, i don't like the the spotlight, (14 mintes and 58 seconds left on the fame clock), I was just trying to help Eddie's career like I did with Anna,,,

tba

If you and I crashed any car, our insurance would sky rocket and a possible ticket with points deducted. This asshole is proud and gets a trophy. I don't think he would be laughing too hard if he were to pay for it.