No Talent, No Problem for Sanjaya

4/1/2007 4:01 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sanjaya MalakarJust because "American Idol" contestant Sanjaya Malakar isn't the strongest singer on the show, it doesn't mean he won't have a career ... so says a music insider to TMZ.

Stuart Meyer is an A&R rep for Sub Pop Records -- home to early Nirvana and The Shins, and just happens to be based in Sanjaya's hometown, Seattle. Meyer says that actually being able to sing is just one quality a pop star needs to have. "He has a charm about him that is key to being a pop star," Meyer says. "Some of the biggest pop stars, like Madonna and Britney, aren't exactly the best singers." Word.

Meyer added that he thinks Sanjaya has "a bright future ahead," saying, "I'm sure someone will sign him, he has personality."

No matter what you think of Sanjaya's so-called voice, Meyer says he does have a leg-up on a lot of other pop stars. "You have to give him credit for getting out there and singing live; a lot of the biggest pop stars out there today rarely do that." Um, Ashlee Simpson anyone?

McFly

Haha Mayberry Would Be the Happiest Little Town in All The World! :] All Of You Are Pathetic Bastards This Is Sheriff Taylor Speaking! Ill Bring You All To The Mayberry Jail!

McFly

This Is Andy Taylor Speaking! Yes If That Kid Hurrled our Lil Town Of Mayberry Would Be So Happy! I Reckin Yall Have A Problem With Me And Goob and My Son Opie! Ill Bring You To Our Jail Of Mayberry! You Better Shush :D!

beware of big dark HERPE caves

#19 obviously is in need of glasses and a hearing aid.

theresa

to #16, 17, and 18: wow! what wonderful human beings? you are! actually you are all very immature and slow! don't you realize(obviously not) that all you are doing is nothing but ensuring sanjaya remains in the spotlight and gets more popular? again, from all of the millions of us who love adorable sanjaya THANK-YOU!!! he wins! you lose!!

theresa

to #23 from#19: you obviously need to read my post again and try to understand my point. i never said he was the best looking or the best singer. to make it easier for you brain-challenged individuals: my point was keeping sanjaya in the spotlight with all your bashing and hate will only make certain he hangs around even longer! more people will feel sorry for him and vote for him! you are defeating your own purpose! he gets rich while you keep your insipid words aimed at him! he wins! you lose! it's that simple!!!

Crystal

This is a singing competition. Not a pity party.

LMFAO

OMFG there are so many jealous people on here, # 16 I am afraid that it must be you who is BUTT UGLY seeing that you have so much hate bottled up inside your fat ass!! And the rest of you haters should be ashamed, now I think that Idol is the worst show ever and the contestants make me sick but they have way more guts and talent than any of you haters will ever have!!
Sanjaya will be the next big thing and if you don't like it go and stave yourselves in protest like that idiotic girl did, so grow up people!!

dramaqueen

American Idol is worthless. What ever happened to people getting somewhere in the recording world by just plain working hard? There are so many out here that actually have a great voice that have worked hard to get themselves heard. When the people of American Idol get hold of these performers they totally destroy the very looks and talents. What these performers come into the Idol show as and what they end up as are nasty. Everything is changed from head to toe and they are no longer the great talent they once were. They all sound and look the same.
I hope this show finally gets the kick they deserve. They are nasty to people trying out. We try to stop bullying in the schools and life and you see the bullies given all the support and laughs here on idol.
Maybe the mess of this years show will cause the owners of the show to look at themselves and try to figure out what needs to be changed.....probably not though

LMFAO

#27 I hear ya bud and #28 great points and I totally agree with everything that you said!!

Janet

He has Omarized me, much like in American Dreamz. C'mon you gotta love this guy.

Pushing 40

I'm not a Sanjaya fan but I can see him and his sister doing a Donny and Marie type show. They are both so pretty. We need more variety on tv.

nd

I agree that American Idol is not what it used to be. Thanks to Howard Stern and the dopes who did what he told them to do, the show is ruined. I always watched it from the first year but now I don't care if I miss it or not. Why should anybody watch a joke.

LRT

I think it is sad...people that are really good are being booted off for this little game people are playing...DON'T watch it and wouldn't...Idol is heading for the end.

Florence Mitchell

I think SanJjaya should have beeb put out the first round.
I can`t beleave anyone is voting for Him.
If he stays ontill the last,i will never watch American Idol again.

theresa

thank-you todd(#34)! to all the brain-dead people writing such garbage about sanjaya(wishing him dead and junk like that) you are only showing the world how immature and hateful you are. you are cowards!!! losers!! all of you!!!