Keith Richards: "I Snorted My Father"

4/3/2007 4:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Keith RichardsThere's very little in the physical world that Keith Richards hasn't, by his own admission, ingested either by mouth or by nose -- including, it seems, his father's ashes.

The Rolling Stones axeman revealed to NME, the British music magazine, that he once snorted the remains of his own dad, Bert, leavened with a bit of cocaine to make it go down easier. "He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared ... It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive," says Keith.

Bert died in 2002 at the age of 84. Richards has four children of his own, and will play Johnny Depp's dad in the forthcoming third installment of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" series.

This just proves that for sons and daughters, knowledge really is powder.

loverly-angel

That's just sick... Why would anyone do that to themselves and the ashes of a family member... He said his father wouldn't care... I bet he would... Freakin' sick person... I would be ashamed if I were his kids..

Mrs. Watkins

Isn't Keith an interesting character?

imakemistakes

what, ole mum doesn't rate?

Krum

When Keith dies, I wanna snort HIS ashes...you wouldn't even need to mix coke with them to get a great buzz!!!

barbarab

1-2-3-4-6-7-8-9-----11-13-14-15-17----------------18-19-20---21-22-24-26-27---28-29-30

I agree with all

# 25---------------------------??????????????????????????????????

Snarksnarksnark

Way too much information!

BeeBee

I can't believe he is still alive. Of course he looks like he died and someone forgot to tell him!

show me the $$

brijett,
I believe it. I mean.....look at him. He looks like he'll try anything once.

Iggy Baggins

Keith is the man! I'm listening to the Stones right now! "I say come on down/come on down sweet Virginia...." actually met him once in Washington DC when i was staying at the Hotel Madera (http://www.reservediscountrooms.com/washington-dc/hotel-madera---a-kimpton-hotel.html). I didn't understand a word he said. Be was really cool!

ChilliB

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jon

Wow! That's like the most bizarre thing I've ever heard in my life. But it sort of is a kewl way to keep your loved one near. Maybe this will catch on. They could make coffee bar type places where you can read TMZ on your laptop and snort up Grandma at the same time.

Selena

That is DISGUSTING!! Why would someone do that?! He snorted his father's burned remains, blah (gagging)!

maxii

NO ONE HAS THE BABY BEST INTEREST AT HEART THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE AND OVER WITH, THIS IS THE BIGGEST THING THAT HAS HAPPENED IN THE BAHAMAS IN AWHILE THEY JUST ARENT READY FOR THIS TO GO AWAY

Michelle

This is disgusting---Keith Richards, you are a sick, disgusting, mental moron. I don't think much has sickened me more in life. I hope your father got more respect than this from you in his lifetime.

witchywomn