"Christmas Story" Director Killed in L.A. Car Crash

4/4/2007 4:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bob ClarkBob Clark, director of "A Christmas Story" and a producer of the "Porky's" films, was killed today on California's famed Pacific Coast Highway when his car was hit head-on by an SUV driven by a man who was later arrested for being under the influence of alcohol.

Clark's son, 22-year-old Ariel Hanrath-Clark, was riding with his father and was also killed in the crash.

TMZ has learned that police arrested 24-year-old Hector Velazquez-Nava, the driver of the SUV, on suspicion of gross vehicular manslaughter, and that Velazquez-Nava will be booked once he is released from the hospital. We're told that Velazques-Nava had a female passenger whose status is unknown at this time.

According to police, the Clarks were riding in a silver Infiniti around 2.30 AM Wednesday on PCH in Pacific Palisades. The Infiniti was badly damaged in the crash, and the SUV's front end was mangled.

David

He wasn't just the director of the Porky movies he was also the director.

Matt.

So unfair.

zzz

According to the news Hector Velazquez-Nava, did not have a license to drive.
Why am I not surprised?

Black Sheep

As usual, a bunch of Holier-than-thou's leaving comments like you all have a right to judge. If any of you were that perfect you wouldn't be reading TMZ in the first place.

MamaMe

I would bet my last dollar that this driver was here illegially. We as American citizens have to get together and tell Congress that we need our Country back. If people want to come here they need to follow the rules like every other immigrant.

Now a movie producer and his you son are dead. This is starting to happen too much with the people who cross our boarders.

Contact The House and Congress tell them you want the funds for the fence. We can get it passed if both Republicians and Democrates voters send letter to their representives and tell all your friends to do so also. You can even call...

Theres an election coming up soon...they want their votes...better get done or tell then you are not going to vote for them.

Their are worried that they will be seen a racist. This is not about Race this is about our coulture. We speak english (not much anymore) I'm tired i want my country back

Kevin Keckeisen

I think Hector Velazquez-Nava should be treated with the same degree of severity that Lane Garrison ("Prison Break") and Brandy Norwood ("Moesha").

Luke

My sympathy to the family. "A Christmas story" was and still is a pillar in my home. I know its a Christmas movie but we usually bust it out right around Thanksgiving. I have the special edition DVD and Mr. Clark was great on it. May God bless you and watch over you and your son.

Jane

Vader
You, yes you, are an ASS.

waterplayer

Subject: FW: "Went to a Party Mom...."

>Went to a party Mom...
>(PLEASE, read all the way to the bottom and sign your name)
>I went to a party,
>And remembered what you said.
>You told me not to drink, Mom,
>so I had a Sprite instead.
>I felt proud of myself,
>The way you said I would,
>that I didn't drink and drive,
>though some friends said I should.
>I made a healthy choice,
>And your advice to me was right.
>The party finally ended,
>and the kids drove out of sight.
>I got into my car,
>Sure to get home in one piece.
>I never knew what was coming, Mom,
>something I expected least.
>Now I'm lying on the pavement,
>And I hear the policeman say,
>the kid that caused this wreck was drunk, Mom, his voice seems far away.
>My own blood's all around me,
>As I try hard not to cry.
>I can hear the paramedic say,
>this girl is going to die.
>I'm sure the guy had no idea,
>While he was flying high.
>Because he chose to drink and drive,
>now I would have to die.
>So why do people do it, Mom
>Knowing that it ruins lives?
>And now the pain is cutting me,
>like a hundred stabbing knives.
>Tell sister not to be afraid, Mom
>Tell daddy to be brave.
>And when I go to heaven,
>put "Mommy's Girl" on my grave.
>Someone should have taught him,
>That it's wrong to drink and drive.
>Maybe if his parents had,
>I'd still be alive.
>My breath is getting shorter,
>Mom I'm getting really scared
>These are my final moments,
>and I'm so unprepared.
>I wish that you could hold me Mom,
>As I lie here and die.
>I wish that I could say, "I love you, Mom!"
>So I love you and good-bye.
>MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Drivers) IS HOPING TO GET 5,000 SIGNATURES ON
>THIS, THEN PASS IT ON TO SIGN.
>When this petition has reached 5,000, please return it to:
>MADD
>P.O. Box 54168 8
>Dallas , TX 75354-1688
>1-800-GET-MADD (1-800-438-6233)

My prayers go out to the family. I hope they will find peace from all of this.....May God bless each and everyone that was affected by this tragedy........

JEANNE

''BIG DADDY'' I'M WITH YOU,. THO DRUNK DRIVERS ARE SOO DOWN RIGHT, ??

'CAN'T THINK OF THE WORD TO DECRIBE THEM, KILLING INOCENT PEOPLE.,
'SOO SADD, 2 OF THE SAME FAMILY. ALWAYS SADD THO.,
A YOUNG MAN, NEVER GETTING TO LIVE HIS LIFE. GOD BLESS FAMILIES'

That explains things!

Open Letter To Automakers:

Some of these vehicles that are rolling off of the asembly lines have sooooo many bells and whistles. How about adding a dna-based breathalizer right next to that friggin mapquest that disallows an engine to start if the driver is drunk.

Do something brilliant for a change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your Kids Daddy

Learn how to spell "HENRY."
How do you know he's not salvadorean or guatemalan or any other hispanic race...
You're an idiot Henry... Now go screw your hillbilly girlfriend... Who is probably your sister...

D2D

May god be with them. I'm sure the driver will get what he should . what goes around comes around

tr brink

Nava was found to be driving under the influence of alcohol and operating a motor vehicle without a driver's license sounds like an ilegal

to little

As a victim of a drunk driver my heart goes out to the familys. There needs to be stiffer laws and mandatory 3 month sentance on first offence. The drunk driver that hit me was 78 and he killed his wife 76. It is a national crisis. May peace come to those family memebers that have suffered a loss do to the senseless act of drinking and driving.