Richards: I Didn't Really Snort My Father!

4/4/2007 9:04 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

So maybe Keith Richards isn't as hardcore as we thought he was.

Just hours after the Internet lit up with his claim that he'd snorted the ashes of his own father mixed with cocaine, his manager told MTV News that, sadly, it wasn't true. According to Jane Rose in an e-mail message, Richard's dad-ingesting comment was, "Said in jest ... Can't believe anyone took [it] seriously."

Yesterday, Richards added to his own self-medicating legend by telling NME, "The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father. He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared ... It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."

What Would Paris Do? Sue MTV Over Sketchy Sketch?

Could art be misrepresenting life for Paris Hilton? Her lawyers are threatening to sue MTV over a comedy sketch in which she's portrayed giving a stripper-ific dance to a cop who's pulled her over for DUI.

The celebutante played herself in a sketch comedy show produced by her friend Nick Cannon, says Page Six, in which she sells "What Would Paris Do" bracelets, for a new MTV show called "ShortCircuitz." But then the action shifts to a "real-life" situation in which a blonde bimbette (not Paris) in a miniskirt gets pulled over for drunk driving, checks her WWPD bracelet, and proceeds to treat one of the cops as though he were a stripper pole.

The sketch was filmed on Jan. 4, but then, on Feb. 27, Paris got popped for driving with a suspended license. Whatever the case, the sketch is being cut from the show.

Travolta Makes Emergency Landing in Ireland

John Travolta was forced to make an emergency landing in Ireland on Monday while flying his private jet from Germany to New York. The actor's Boeing 707 experienced "technical difficulties" mid-flight and had to stop at Shannon Airport. According to WENN, Travolta was unhurt but "shaken" by the incident, and the "Wild Hogs" star, who had been in Germany to promote his film, had to borrow another plane to make the flight home, and leave his ride in Ireland to get fixed. Eight years ago, Travolta's plane lost an engine and had to emergency-land in Boston.

Party Favors: Leo on Broadway? ... Cynthia Nixon, Trash-Diver ... "Laguna Beach's" Heidi Montag Gets Implants

Could Leonardo DiCaprio be coming to Broadway to star in the David Rabe play "The Basic Training of Pavlo Hummel," a role first played by Al Pacino three decades ago, as FOX News reports. A rep for DiCaprio says it's not true. ... Apparently, things have gotten tough after "Sex and the City." Cynthia Nixon was spotted, says Ben Widdicombe of the New York Daily News, snapping a Ziploc bag out of the trash to put her son's half-eaten snack in. Cynthia was nice enough to take a picture with the previous owner of the baggie. ... Us magazine reports that Lauren Conrad's "Laguna Beach" sidekick Heidi Montag is busting out of her second-banana role – literally – because she just had a breast augmentation in Beverly Hills. It's said she's wanted the boob job for years, but finally went under the knife.

He's Boring now

Hey Barbirino: YOu be the one telling us to slow down on the CO2 emissions and here you are flying big ass personal jets all over the world to promote your latest film opening in Europe...why not just take commercial man like the rest of us? They also take better care of their Engines than apparently you do. And uh it wasnt like you were on a Mercy mission with Cargo of food and clothing, as you were for Katrina so your hobby is just one big enivormental waste now sir, whose only purpose is to line your already overstuffed pockets with money.

Jerk

Michelle

I don't believe Keith Richards---he didn't expect the public outcry and now he is trying to take it back. He's disgusting. He gave too many details, specifics, for it to have just been a joke said in jest. He looks like he has snorted everything that passes by his face.

melixabunker

Heidi Montag made 2 appearances on "Laguna Beach". She is Lauren Conrad's "sidekick" on MTV's "THE HILLS"

Heidi will definately look funny with her new implants..she is a tiny girl!

Karen

Ugh! Is there a more disgusting poor excuse for a human being? Keith Richards makes Freddy Krueger look handsome.

Me

I believe Keith did what he did.

That said, if his manager wants to now backpedal and say she can't believe anyone would take it seriously, perhaps she needs to take a closer look at the person she manages. Why WOULDN'T we take his comments seriously?

cleveland1

KEITH RICHARDS IS TRYING TO BACK PEDDLE HIS WAY OUT OF THIS ONE, BUT WHO REALL Y CARES. AND I AM SO SICK OF NEWS ABOUT PARIS HILTON. THIS CHICK NEEDS TO GO CRAWL UNDER A ROCK SOMEWHERE ON ANOTHER PLANET!!!

Amy

Do I sound sick or does snorting his father's ashes a cool idea?? LOL!! I know he says it's not true but funny.

Kristen

Tim - how can you complain about him writing ONLY $15,000? At least he gave something. He may be a millionaire, but you don't know how much he really has, or what the upkeep is on his house, assets, etc. I didn't see any other celebs walking up donating millions of dollars to those who were put out here in Florida. You probably wouldn't have been happy even if he had donated $1 million. You need to be thankful for what he DID do and stop complaining about how he's a "cheap ass."

Kay

Paris Hilton is a waste of time and space. Someone is suffocating because Paris is using up their air.. Shes worthless. Just goes to show that money can't buy everything ie morals, looks, class...

Huh?

OMG, Richards looks like the Crypt Keeper!!! But I love the STONES!!!!

Andrew831

is that keith richards or freddy kreuger?

Seriously

Keith looks like the poster child for drugs. Yuck.
John Travolta should keep out of the skies before we hear how
he crashed into a mountain.

Seriously

Isn't Cynthia Nixon playing for the other team now?
I guess she just realized she's gay after having 2 kids?

Tim

Sorry Kristen..But that is how I feel, and I would have felt better if he gave a million...He is just like all the other "Stars" they think that little offering is enough, he does have exspences I'm sure,but come on..he has several jets, cars ,nice house's..he is not hurting at all..The problem I have is he made such a big thing of his opening being right there in His City...Then to only give 15K is an insult..he spends more than that on fuel for his jet..his watch probably costs that much,I'm sorry but I would like to think that if all the "Stars" could remember that we all support all of there creativity,and they would not have what they have if we did not put such importance on being entertained...They have a big majority of our money, it is not asking too much for them to do there part and not just a token ..What percentage of Just his last film do You think 15k is...Not Much

nataska

Keith richards always looks high. Im sure for good reason.
Leonardo Dicaprio, if he does broadway, hes going to go just fine becasue he is an exceptional actor. Love him.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments