Maguire: Kissing Dunst Was No Picnic

4/7/2007 4:02 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

According to Tobey Maguire, the hardest thing about playing "Spider-Man" isn't the hazardous stunts, long hours or strenuous workouts -- it's kissing co-star Kirsten Dunst!
Tobey Maguire
In the new issue of Parade magazine, Maguire explains that during his infamous rain-soaked upside down smooch with Dunst in the first film, he had "rainwaiter running up my nose. Then, when Kirsten rolled back the wet mask, she cut off the air completely." Workmen's comp, please!

Maguire also reveals that once he's through wearing Peter Parker's tights, he doesn't "want to play any more wide-eyed high school kids who are awkward with girls." But he's only 31!

"Spider-Man 3" opens May 4.

LauriiiTas

no matter what you say, hes not gay and he is very cute... just because it was hard for him to kiss her because of the RAIN (not his feelings or whatever) doesn't mean his gay!
all of you say that he is because you are jeaolus of his man beauty he is such a MACHOMAN

Britney Spears Photos

I'm waiting to hear more about that one

j

Spiderman is really KD LANG, I can't believe I never saw this before. He is not not not cute!!!! If you are a woman who likes men...that is..eeehhhgglghh.

ONE WHO KNOWS

WHEN ARE YOU COMING OUT OF THE CLOSET, TOBEY??

OH, I GUESS WHEN YOU BREAK UP WITH THE FIANCEE YOU'RE NEVER GONNA MARRY!! THERE ARE SO MANY GAYS MARRYING WOMEN, BUT THE FUNNY THING IS, THEY GET THEM PREGNANT FIRST AND THEN MIGHT MARRY THEM.
CAN ANYONE SAY MATT DAMON??? BEN AFFLECK???
THAT IS THEIR WAY OF GETTING CHILDREN WITHOUT HAVING TO ADOPT!!!

THESE GUYS ARE CALL MANWIVES. GAY MEN PRETENDING TO BE STRAIGHT.
AS IN STAR JONES REYNOLDS' HUSBAND!!
KIRSTEN DUNST IS A LESBIAN AND TOBEY M. IS GAY.
NO WONDER THEY HATED KISSING EACH OTHER!!!!!!!!

Dave

Poor little gay man. I don't care what was happening, kissing Kristen would be worth it and I damn sure wouldn't complain, loser.

...

TMZ -- please... it's "Workers Compensation." Hasn't been referred to as "WorkMANS Compensation for many years...

Claire Collins

he looks like the love child of k.d. lange

uniformsformilitarypersonnelonly

K.D. Lang is the one who looks like Tobey. She's more man than him anyday of the week.

BimboKay

Tobey McGuire is playing Peter Parker as well as Spider-Man. This comment is for the retired bodybuilder who apparently thinks this particular superhero needs to be a muscle-bound hulk. Parker is a guy who sewed his own costume! He's just a guy... not even a metrosexual. It's Peter who has the special powers; the costume is a mere disguise. I think McGuire does a good job, although I don't know how he can transition to regular leading man roles.

george vieto

I don't blame Tobey for not wanting to do kiddie superhero roles for fear of being typecast like Adam West, Burt Ward and the late George Reeves.

Louise Smith

Tobey Maguire is definitely NOT gay. Just because he dresses and smells nice, and has lovely manners does not mean that he is gay from head to toe; clothed or naked. Tobey Maguire is a super duper nice guy with a male sense of beauty, intelligence, style, and strength that will never ever die within him, as well as being a sweet man with real feelings and compassion. Although I have never met him in person yet, I know in my heart that Tobey Maguire is by far the sweetest man in the whole world, and I LOVE HIM AND HIS BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER VERY SUPER DUPER MUCH!!!!!

KB

OLD NEWS! Happened in spiderman 1, and reported back then. Just like the Halle Berry suicide news. Looks like PARADE is all around late to the game!!!

Michael

Who the F^%$ cares

brown recluse

THAT IS A SHARP LOOK 4 TOBEY! REAL NICE!!