Will Virgie Get in Larry's Way? Today's Custody Fight Looms

4/13/2007 11:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Birkhead and Arthur tussle.We know that Larry Birkhead is Dannielynn's biological dad, but does that mean he'll get to take her home to L.A.? A hearing is scheduled for 2:30 PM EDT in the Bahamas, to determine who will get custody of the little girl -- we're an hour away from the start of the hearing.

Howard K. Stern has already told Birkhead he won't fight for custody now that Birkhead's been named as the father, but one wild card remains in the large form of Virgie Arthur.

Anna Nicole's mom has stated that she wants to be more than just the child's grandma.

TMZ will have all the custody-day action as it happens!

BarkyBean

Wants to be more than a Grandma? Hey, Vergie! Newsbreak! You are not DLs mother... you're her grandmother... with no more rights than any other grandparent. Leave Larry and HIS daughter alone... let them bond without your interferrence. Larry has been nothing but gracious and he's willing to let you be a grandma... Larry's already been proven a fighter... I'd love to see him wipe the ground with you!

zkelz

GOLD DIGGER
virgie doesn't want to be a "normal grandma" - she wants cold, hard ca$h
money is the bottom line here

TJ

19 Vickie: What makes you an authority on child adjustment? You don't have a clue what you're talking about. Danielynn's nanny who has been with the baby since she is 6 weeks old has said in an interview yesterday that the baby is very bonded to her and HKS who have been raising her. She loves the baby as Howard does and she wants to continue caring for her if Larry will use her services. You don't just grab a baby and hand it over to a complete stranger...biological parent or not! Larry, himself, said he wants what is best for Danielynn and will give her time to adjust to him before whisking her away. Virgie will never get custody as the baby's father is alive and wants custody...she will be lucky to see the baby a few times a year on visits to California. I wonder how she will now pay for all the legal bills, airfares, hotel and food bills that she has accumulated. SPLASH would be stupid to continue supporting her when she does not stand to inherit a penny from the Marshall estate.

Rachel

Grandparents don't have any legal "visitation" or custody rights in any court in the US that I know of and Virgie shouldn't here----only in the US would there even be anyone questioning that the child's father should have custody. Father's are just as good as mothers in raising children. If larry wants his child to visit her grandmother that's his decision.

ELLENS THE BOMB

VIRGIE GO AWAY ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!
I HOPE LARRY CAN TAKE THE BABY WITH HIM SOOON...
WE LOVE YOU LARRY!!!!!

Shame Shame

I have seen about 3 child psychologists on cable tv since the paternity was revealed and they all say different things about transition. I heard one say 1-2 weeks, one said it could be as little as 5 days, depending on how much time Larry spent with her, and the other said a month. I think it depends on the child really.....

jr

Larry should get full custody. He then depending on how she acts should allow her visitation with her grandaughter. However I would let her know now that if she fights in any way for custody, when I win, you will not see her at all.

Stern Supporter

I agree with you #22!!!! I believe wholheartedly thathanthe baby should stay with Howard in the Bahamas. He is the baby's true father. Can you see Birkhead and Virgie with this child in the longrun? She'll be more messed up as Anna was...and will be another tragedy and more drama in the making.

LIN WOOD LOOKS LIKE A WOMAN ABUSER HIMSELF!

Hope GRANDMA GETS JOIN CUSTODY. I am begining to see Larry as a VERY WEAK MAN, will allow Stern manipulate him and the baby too.

GRANDMA FIGHT FOR JOINT CUSTODY!

OK!

ok.....so what is the address.....i'll send his lawyer $.02.

Christi

Fair is Fair,

I know what you mean-- my parents see my son 2 times a year because we're so far apart but it's a week or 2 at a time. And never, ever would my mom have taken me to court over joint or court ordered visitation and she was there when my son was born and we spent 6 weeks with her right after he was born- she was so bonded to him and still, when the time came for us to live OUR lives, she took what she got. There is something wrong with Virgie and I often wonder if Anna COULDN'T take care of Daniel or if Virgie made her think she couldn't take care of Daniel and got him that way? I mean, if Anna was so unfit, Virgie wouldn't have handed him over, right? She never went for custody there and she was VERY bonded to Daniel, from what I can see. Virgie is after something, if you ask me.

TOGO

Howard is using Larry like a puppet because larry is the weaker of the three. howard knows that when it comes down to it virgie has a stronger case. As he said last Sunday... that this was about him and Virgie and he would team up with Larry to try and defeat Virgie. Know what will larry do? If I were him (Larry) I would join Virgie because at the, maybe not tis year, but when all court battles are over, Virgie will be the one holding Howards balls.

ME

Send me money to help support my little girl! Thanks!

KH

Why didn't she stay in contact with Daniel? Why didn't she fight ANS for custody of him? She raised him for a few years. DanniLynn has $$'s attached to her. Make a deal, hell no. Get visit like the rest of us, and leave Larry alone!!!!
California Grandma of 2

BringitOn

Oh what sour grapes on this blog.

GET OVER IT. Howie Gets NOTHING. I REPEAT...NOTHING.

He has no legal interest nor does he have any rights.

This is between Virgie and Larry at this point. You Sternies need to shut up!

He is in a deep hole regarding OTHER very important matters. THAT should be YOUR concern, not the baby.

Unless you have something intelligent to contribute, do not post.
You appear to be more ignorant than last week.

Howie is not the daddy. Howie has no legal standing. Howie doesn't have a home in the Bahamas. Howie is a freeloader. Howie kidnapped the baby and held her ramson ($$$$ in his pockets).

TELL ME ONE POSITIVE THING ABOUT HOWARD regarding ANS and the baby that has shown he gives a rat's ARSE about anything but $$$.

This outta be good. NOTHING.