Matt and Penelope -- The Silence is Deafening

4/16/2007 8:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Matthew McConaghey and Penelope CruzAlleged superdivas Matthew McConaghey and Penelope Cruz are staying reeeeeeal quiet about an explosive report exposing the actors' high maintenance demands ... a little too quiet.

After the Los Angeles Times revealed that each star spent more than $800,000 in lavish perks to keep themselves looking tip-top on the set of the infamous box-office flop "Sahara," no one -- not the actors reps, the production companies or even Matt and Penelope themselves -- has refuted the claims. Despite several calls throughout the day, everyone seems to be circling the wagons ... and saying nothing!

So is Matt really OK with spending nearly $200K on an entourage? Does Penelope think it's normal to blow $135K on a hairstylist? And do the production companies think that the going rate for an assistant is $114,000?

The lack of words seem to be telling the story.

tuti

Can I work as an assistant for one of them?

Snarksnarksnark

No wonder ticket prices keep going up and the quality of the films keeps going down. The production company needs to spend more money for good writers with interesting scripts instead prima donnas and primo dons who can't carry a movie on their name value alone.

E. Alneda

Hmm, I wonder if it's because the story is total B.S. and they decided not to dignify it with a response.

3charm

Aint enough money to make him a decent person, again YUCK

Brother Harold, S.J.

ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD ISN'T GOING TO HELP THESE TWO NO-TALENTS.

jack sparrow

and your point is?

MOM

never saw the movie

Sooz

If I have to read or see another story with that gross Mathew, I'm going to hurl!!!!

Khanndy

I can't even comment on these two.

annab

the guy just keeps getting uglier, so whatever he IS spending, it isn't enough. he just is not aging well.

the girl=hurl i am sooooo tired of her and selma. i cannot watch their movies.

My Two Cents

Who cares!

TO

This type of spending is quite normal for Hollywood stars. It would be interesting for someone to publish these types of reports for all movies with big named celebs.

Kait

I didn't see the movie because I heard it was stupid, but I sentence Penelope to 2 years worth of Super Cuts haircuts and Matthew McConaghey to 2 years worth of nothing but Taco Bell food.
Something tells me that she would hate her sentence more than he would hate his. He does live in a trailer with astro turf and a picnic table for a lawn you know.

froggie

Who cares what they do with their money.

loserface

sickening, really sickening.

the silence says it all.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments