Depp's Daughter Laughs in the Face of Harmful Infection

4/18/2007 12:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Johnny Depp's daughter, Lily-Rose, looks well as she takes a stroll along the Thames with dad.

Lily was originally thought to have had blood poisoning, but was later diagnosed as having an E. coli infection, which affected her kidneys. Johnny kept vigil at her bedside in a London hospital until the tot bounced back.

Depp is in England filming Tim Burton's version of Stephen Sondheim's "Sweeney Todd," which had halted production during Lily's illness.

Cry Me A River Paris

This isn't Lily Rose, its their son Jack....I saw this picture in People Magazine.

Denise

Definitely not Lily, but their son Jack. But it's good to know she's doing much better. I'm sure both Johnny and Vanessa were worried sick.

Amy

I have always thought Johnny was hot...the fact that he is such a loving father makes him so much hotter!!

liz86000

It's JACK, not Lilly-Rose, stupid!

Glenda

It sounds as though Lily may have had HSP. It starts out with swelling of the joints, then a purpura, which looks like swollen places that go down and form a bruise. Then you have the rupturing of small blood vessels in the abdomen and kidneys, which will show on a urine test strip the presence of blood, but not always detected by the eye. If this is the case, I know what the Depps are going through with Lily, as I went through the same with my 3 year old son, 11 years ago. Have faith, Johnny and Vanessa, it will get better, it just takes time. Our prayers are with your family.

lexie

Not to point fingers, but, which one of these upstanding "award winning parents" are to blame for not noticing their very sick child?
Was is the alleged drunk and his alleged runored male friend?
Or was it the French tart and who or whatever she was doing while this was happening? I hope for Lily's sake they leave her in the care of a qualified nanny and not themseves!

GOD 1

DAMN .....!!!!!!! the kid looks loke larry b.

GOD 1

DAMN.. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the kid looks just like larry b...

j4r3d

do some research

My dear, lexie,

E.Coli poisoning can sometimes be hard to diagnose unless you are specifically looking for it. In it's early stages it appears to be nothing more than the flu with typical flu-like symptoms. It wasn't until she got really sick that they realized it must be something else, so please keep your fingers in line.

joanne

Depp is the hottest man alive. A caring father too! Vanessa is one lucky woman, they look great together.

Sillyme

I am glad she is well and those children have loving, sensible parents.

Only swim in the Ocean

Now the photo has been changed to show their daughter, rather than their son, but E. Coli is still not a virus.

JOE

DEPP IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE ACTORS.I THINK HE'S A STAND UP GUY.AND I WAS CONCERNED FOR HIM WHEM I FIRST HEARD THE REPORT.THIS MAN'S LIFE IS HIS FAMILY,SO FOR HIM TO LOSE A CHILD WOULD BE DEVASTATING.

GOD BLESS U JOHNNY LOOKING FORWARD TO POC 3

Silas

It is a picture of Lily-Rose. I don't know what you guys see but I see a little girl with long hair. Johnny is behind her. For the medias, there has been pictures published last week showing the family going out for a walk and now there is that one showing them going on a boat. Would it be too difficult to let those people alone and stop following them around? After what they have been going through, I think they need their privacy. Paparazzis should go find another target now.