Joan & Melissa Replaced By "Dancing" Fembot

4/18/2007 3:53 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The TV Guide Channel has replaced veteran red carpet fashion mavens Joan & Melissa Rivers with Lisa Rinna! Who will you be wearing?

Rinna has signed a multi-year contract with the network, which will see the former "Dancing with the Stars" booty shaker hosting five red carpet pre-shows and five fashion recap shows, beginning with the Emmy Awards in September. TV Guide says they chose Rinna because, "In addition to being an established TV star, she also has fashion expertise as both a business person and commentator, so she is a great fit for this role and for our brand." Lisa owns two L.A. area boutiques called Belle Gray.

The network released a statement saying, "TV Guide Channel is very appreciative of Joan and Melissa Rivers' contributions to the success of our Red Carpet programming over the past three years. We wish them the best in their future endeavors." Snap!

While it is not known where the mother/daughter team will end up next, Joan Rivers, through a rep, told TMZ, "I will tell you my true feelings and experiences, as soon as we finalize our new deal." Can we talk?!

Joan, who invented red carpet fashion reporting as we know it, and daughter Melissa had been with TV Guide since January 2005, after leaving E!

Linda

I love joan and Melissa and cannot stand Lisa and her yucky hubby, Harry!

carol ard

TV GUIDE is going to regret this move BIG TIME!

Aspen

I cannot stand J & M. Thank GOD they are going to be gone. Joan is completely clueless when questioning the stars, it embarassing and painful to watch. And her daughter is JUST as bad. She is famous tor...what? Being Joan Rivers daughter? Please. Good riddance.

As far as Lisa goes, she is talented and smart, but as she has aged, she has had too much work done to her face, especially the lips. They are over filled and unreal looking. I just don't understand why people cannot see this when they look in the mirror! But, other than that, she is a smart business woman and has more than a few brain cells to rub together, so I think I will enjoy watching her lips move. :-)

lilybelle

WTF is wrong with her lips?

Joanne

Lisa Rinna is a no talent wanna be. It must have been her husband's money that got her the job. Bring back Joan and Melissa. Joan Rivers has more talent in her little finger than Lisa has in her whole body. I am still trying to figure out how Lisa gets these jobs(such as with Soap Net). Her lips are D-I-S-G-U-S-T-I-N-G.Get rid of her. You Go, Joan and Melissa. Go Team Birkhead!!

Nappyheadedho

Like it or Not Joan and Melissa's opinions on fashion are the only opinions that matter to the celebrities. Those guys are the only guys I watch.

Ida

What is up with those lips?

SUPER-ficial

Joan and Melissa - I'm glad to see them go. Joan needs to relax . . it will be torture watching that pair critiquing high school prom attendees. What happened to Melissa's husband and where's the kid?

hannah

in my opinion, tvguide channel just used Joan and Melissa to upstart the channel as more than tv listings. now that people know they are more, they kicked Joan and MElissa to the curb just like E!. I don't really care for them but at the same time, before them, there was really none of this style business that so many networks bank on. So I'm sick of seeing them put out like trash again. I hope Joan can sue or something.

studly

let the venom fly , it will be interesting to see how rivers spins this one why t.v. guide dropped them

lilybelle

Hurry quick..someone get her lips some preperation H.

Drew

EWWW! WTF is that on her lips? Looks like warts. Gross! Get those lips repaired Lisa!!

My Two Cents

Joan & Melissa are so irritating. Glad to see them go!!!!!! It is about time! Now I will watch the show.

Keith

Wow, easy on Lisa Rinna's lips. She started out her careerin 1992 as Billie Reed, and seeing as she was only a newbie, she couldn't have the money to have that pair of lips, but guess what, she did: those lips have been carrying Rinna around since at least 1992, which tells me they are not fake, are in fact real. Why would she bother with the humongous lips and not go Botox crazy, have her eyebrows lifted, eyelid surgery, etc. etc.? Face it folks: there ARE some natural 'beauties' or not! And she's great! Always decked out to the nines at red-carpet events, very stylish, very charming, and very becoming to fashion. I'm a fan of her, although I am surprised she scored such a big contract.

who cares?

her lips look like prego worms!