Joan & Melissa Replaced By "Dancing" Fembot

4/18/2007 3:53 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The TV Guide Channel has replaced veteran red carpet fashion mavens Joan & Melissa Rivers with Lisa Rinna! Who will you be wearing?

Rinna has signed a multi-year contract with the network, which will see the former "Dancing with the Stars" booty shaker hosting five red carpet pre-shows and five fashion recap shows, beginning with the Emmy Awards in September. TV Guide says they chose Rinna because, "In addition to being an established TV star, she also has fashion expertise as both a business person and commentator, so she is a great fit for this role and for our brand." Lisa owns two L.A. area boutiques called Belle Gray.

The network released a statement saying, "TV Guide Channel is very appreciative of Joan and Melissa Rivers' contributions to the success of our Red Carpet programming over the past three years. We wish them the best in their future endeavors." Snap!

While it is not known where the mother/daughter team will end up next, Joan Rivers, through a rep, told TMZ, "I will tell you my true feelings and experiences, as soon as we finalize our new deal." Can we talk?!

Joan, who invented red carpet fashion reporting as we know it, and daughter Melissa had been with TV Guide since January 2005, after leaving E!

how cruel

If per chance The Lip Monster is reading any of these blogs (has probably broken down in tears by now) I just could not resist saying...............your lips have always made me____ (fill in the blank). Please DO something about them - I cannot watch anything you do until then, On the plus side - your body is admirable.

Oh and Joan - keep on going,I like the mother-daughter thing and your still funny as hell!

tmz_fan

Well, I guess I won't be watching The TV Guide Channel during the awards show/red carpet season.

I Agree........

I can't understand why her lips look like that??? With all the airbrushing technique why would they even publish a picture that looks like that. They usually take out all flaws, but her lips just look horrible and sore. Even when she talks, she talks funny. Can't these people look in a mirror and see how bad they look? I think Lisa and her husband are both homely!!!

Janeanne

BIG MISTAKE!!! I CAN'T STAND LISA RINNA. Saw her in a really old movie and her lips did not look like they do now. Too much botox is right. Plus, she's too obsessed with her body to think about anybody but herself. AGAIN, BIG BIG MISTAKE.

MsWaldo

Glad to see Joan and Melissa gone. Joan is foul mouthed...have complained to QVC about her before. Her daughter's style is nothing to be envied and they are criticizing everyone's style?? Yes, the ONLY reason you would ever have seen Melissa on ANYTHING is the fact that Joan is her mother. Hate to call Melissa ugly but..............

Janeanne

YUK!!! LISA RINNA IS GROSS. She got booted off Dancing with the Stars fairly early and is forcing herself and her husband back on again. She made the comment on TV that "I'll be damned if I'm going to lose this body". SHE IS TOO CONCEITED AND UGLY!!

Janeanne

At least Joan and Melissa were easy on the eyes. Lisa Rinna is sickening and not easy to watch, plus she's pretty full of herself. She probably paid them to hire her.

Yuk!!!!

What would she be without the 'doctor' who helps her out with her complexion, the gym person who helps her work out and her BIG, FAT, UGLY LIPS?

sandy

The woman has lip hernias!!! EWWWWWWWW.

chach

Bad Choice ! I cant stand looking at those fake lips!

Stacy

Rinna.....you better look up Joan's surgeon to remove those lip-bags..

Mary

Who will ever hear, let alone understand Rinna, she with the three foot lips. She is too ugly to look at. You wonder what the brass at some of these networks are thinking besides making dumb decisions and getting paid big time money.

me

Like lisa is not annoying and shes had enough work done another joan in the making
ANNOYING NASTY GROSS AND SELF ABSORBED EWWWWWWWWWWWW

me

#7 She had her lips done like that she paid money for that eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww right?

Lara

I feel sorry for Joan to have such an "ugly duckling" daughter.Now this freak is going to think she will win our hearts. I would rather have Joan without Daughter. Suesanna