Alec Baldwin -- REDIRECT

4/19/2007 4:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

kitkat

ALEC STARTS OUT BY SAYING......"I'VE MADE AN ASS OF MYSELF"......... ON THE VOICE MAIL!!!! THAT SAYS IT ALL RIGHT THERE ABOUT THIS WHOLE SITUATION!!! YES, ALEC, YOU MADE AN ASS OF YOURSELF BY DOING WHAT YOU DID.........BY TALKING LIKE THIS TO YOUR DAUGHTER!!!! I THINK YOU WERE MORE UPSET BY GETTING CAUGHT THAN YOU WERE BY TALKING TO YOUR DAUGHTER IN SUCH A MALICIOUS WAY!!!! FROM WHAT I HAVE READ ABOUT YOU, YOU HAD A SIMILAR SITUATION HAPPEN AT THE LA AIRPORT WHERE YOU PUBLICLY CUSSED AT YOUR DAUGHTER, BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T LIKE THE WAY SHE PACKED HER BAG!!!!! DO YOU NOT HAVE ANY DIGNITY ABOUT YOU?? WHAT CHILD COULD HAVE RESPECT FOR A PARENT WHO TALKS TO THEM LIKE THAT?? WHERE DID YOU LEARN TO BE SUCH A JERK??? DID YOUR PARENTS TALK TO YOU LIKE THAT??? IT'S VERBAL ABUSE!!!! YOU COME ACROSS AS SOMEONE WHO IS......A LOONEY BIRD.....COMPLETELY NUTS......A MENTAL PATIENT........AN ABUSER!!!! YOU BLAME YOUR RAGE ON PARENT ALIENATION, IRELAND, AND KIM.......BUT YOU NEED TO TAKE THAT FINGER OF YOURS AND POINT IT AT YOURSELF!!!!!!! YOU ARE THE GUILTY ONE.......YOU!!!!!!!! YOU ARE AN ABUSER!!!!! IT'S LIKE ALCOHOLISM.....YOU NEED TO GET HELP, OR IT WILL CONTINUE TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!!

No $perm $tern

Compadres,

The following is the listings of posts, approx. 7:08pm-ish, as noted today @ right:

__________(Ya think, maybe, it's not exactly accurate??)___________________

**Post Popular Posts**

Akon's Onstage Jailbait Revealed (172)
Ty Pennington Arrested for DUI (166)
Paris' Summer at the Prison Hilton (432)
Britney -- Ready to Break Herself Down? (152)
Paris 45 Days in the Clink? (220)
Tom "Benedict" Brady-- Yankees Fan??!! (90)
Introducing: Dannielynn Hope Marshall Birkhead! (3,858)
Rapper Eve Busted for DUI after Maserati Mash-Up (65)
Rosie Makes It Official -- She's Leaving (434)
Alec Baldwin's Threatening Message to Daughter (5,383)
________________________________________________

_______(Ya think Ms. Hilton's re-hired publicist is scrambling?)_______________

**Most Commented On**

"Lost" Diary -- The Man Behind the Curtain (697) tv's "Lost"
Paris Ordered to Serve 45 Days in Jail (685) ***PARIS***
Bust Out the Mint Juleps... It's Derby Time! (572) Birkhead
Paris -- Blame It on the Messenger? (539) ***PARIS***
Paris -- I'm Not Above the Law (498) ***PARIS***
Paris to World -- I'm a Victim of Cruelty (483) ***PARIS***
Paris' Summer at the Prison Hilton (462) ***PARIS***
Paris' Mom to Prosecutor: "This is PATHETIC!" (370) ***PARIS***
Governator Has Plans for Paris??!!! (340) ***PARIS***
Paris Does Not Lack Appeal (230) ***PARIS***
______________________________________________________________

____________(Ya think we didn't "make" the board? ____________________

**Recent Comments**

Tightlipped on Lohan Goes Braless for Martha Stewart!
JLR on Akon's Onstage Jailbait Revealed
Thecoolertwin on *NSYNC *NCOURT Over Song
ojisakiller on KY Restaurant Owner: O.J. Should Kill Lawsuit Plans
Betty on KY Restaurant Owner: O.J. Should Kill Lawsuit Plans

The above will have 20-20 mins. between people randomly 'throwing' a post up.
_____________________________________________________________

Our little "thread"??

LennyQ

He lost his temper and lost his dignity.

crymeariver

he once was accused of breaking a photogs glasses and nose and gives an excuse

Tom

When you just read the text, sure it does seem threatening but when you listen to the audio you can hear his compassion and tell that he's just very upset with his daughter, not threatening to harm her at all. Based on the mother's actions, I think it shows that she's the main problem in this family situation; people need to consider how horrible it is to remove a parent from a child before making such hasty and harsh judgments on Alec. Compared to what some other fathers do out there, what he did is quite minor and understandable.

Baldwin in Chicago

Alec Baldwin's conduct does not suprise me, it is consistent with all his other rants. What is astounding is all the aploogists on this site who make excuses for him, refuse to believe it's true, or will rationalize all the great reasons why he did it. Liberalsim clouds one's ability to see the forest through the trees they hug.

Sharona

Why hasn't it occurred to anyone that she may have been in a position where she couldn't answer the phone (if you catch my drift)? Doesn't your phone ever ring when you're in "that certain room" (TMZ is so prissy, they won't post my other messages about this)? I know my phone always rings when I can't get to it. Hasn't anyone besides me thought of that, or am I the only person in the world who uses "that room"?

Joe

A man should be left to do what he thinks is right and no one has the right to say a thing about it, unless he is physically harming someone, in this case hes daughter or wife, i say he should be able to parent his child however he so chooses. No one is perfect and everyone makes mistakes even fathers, but to judge another man for a single act of frustration that nor physically hurts someone and is non of your immediate business, is idiotic. The people who do have to analyze the situation will do what is best and i do hope he keeps his rights, cause a woman will lie and cheat to have her way, as a true man must either fight for what he believes in and or suffer with nothing but the truth.

kitkat

LEE 5395 GETS IT RIGHT! I CAN'T BELIEVE ALEC REALLY CAN LOVE HIS DAUGHTER AND TALK TO HER LIKE THAT!!!!! THE WAY HE TALKS TO HER SHOWS A LACK OF RESPECT FOR HER AND HER MOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I THINK HE HAS A HARD TIME RESPECTING WOMEN!!!!!! HE CERTAINLY CAN'T BE THINKING OF HER FEELINGS OR HER SELF ESTEEM!!!!!!! IT'S ALL ABOUT ALEC!!!!! EXPRESSING HIS RAGE WAS MORE IMPORTANT TO HIM THAN HIS DAUGHTER'S FEELINGS!!!! WHAT HE SAYS ON THE VOICEMAIL ISN'T GOING TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM OF COMMUNICATING WITH HIS DAUGHTER!!!!!! I CAN SEE IT AS ONLY DISTANCING HIM FROM HER!!! WHAT A JACKASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jamester

When I heard about this I was shocked at the over reaction. Yes, he yelled at his child. My parents yelled at me and my siblings. Often I was called by my brothers and sisters name before they got to mine. Kids are NOT made of glass. There feelings will get hurt, there knees will get skinned, and they will get over it. Apparently Alec apologized to his daughter. My parents never aplogized to me. I forgot about shortly. I knew my parents loved me. When I did something wrong I had to suffer the consequences. Unfortunately, our society is teaching people we do not need to suffer consequences (i.e. Paris Hilton is too distraught to testify at a libel trial because she has to go to jail). Maybe she should have thought about that before she violated parole.

Our society is trying to protect kids from any harm. Schools have banned tag because they are fearful of a lawsuit if someone gets hurt. Parents need to parent. Kids need to learn from their mistakes. If we don't let them make mistakes they will never learn. My daughter is 14 and we (my ex and I) let her make many decisions for herself and let her suffer the consequences if she make a poor choice.

Last thing, people are making excuses for the daughter not answering the phone. My guess is that this happens on a regular basis and that is what sent him over the edge. Ms. Basinger is the bigger villain here. He did something bad and she poured gasoline on the fire. These two need intensive therapy to get over their crap and be respectful of the other in their absence.

Harry Wells

The fact that Kim and Alec are movie stars doesn't mean they are different from any other parents when it comes to parenting skills. Hundreds of thousands of parents end their marriage, selfishly ignoring the effects on the children, or blaming it all on the spouse. Many of them then spend years using the children to get back at the ex. Who hasn't yelled at their child in the heat of the moment? His words were mean and hurtful, but Kim was just as abusive when she ignored the kid's privacy and released the message for public consumption. Clearly they both need counseling, but how do you decide who's the more abusive? And if you want the courts to take away his/her time with the child, then you have to go after every other divorced couple who view their children as weapons against their ex. If they weren't movie stars, no one would care what they do.

td

I do not think either parent is in their right mind. Granted he should not have spoken to his daughter in that manner - however, children are the product of their upbringing. Ireland must have done something in the past to have brought on this tirade. I fault Ms Bassinger for sending this message to the public and not the judge alone. As public figures both adults need to rein in their feelings and consider their child. Neither one of them appears to be doing this. It seems this whole custody battle is all about what each adult wants - not what is best for the little girl. Very sad.

Sharona

I never got over it. My dad never apologized. I didn't eventually forget about it. Some kids are more sensitive than others. I was a very sensitive child. Look at that picture of Ireland, her fingers up by her mouth. She looks like a very sensitive child. I can picture her looking like that while her dad's screaming at her. Everyone's just assuming she's a spoiled brat. How do they know? Just because a child has rich parents doesn't mean their life is all rosy. My cousins had a very rich step-father who beat them.

Sharona

There's NOTHING any child can do that would justify abuse. I did nothing to deserve my dad's alcoholic tirades. In the case of an alcoholic or a bi-polar or a megalomaniac, all you have to do is be in their sight when they're in the midst of one of their tantrums.

Cathy

Yes, it's sad that a parent would talk to their child like that, but what polite society doesn't want to admit is that this type of thing happens a lot. That doesn't make it right, but it does happen. In a perfect world, children would never suffer disappointment or be disillusioned, but we don't live in a perfect world and never will. All we can do as a society is protect children as best we can.

Previous 15 Comments | 357 | 358 | 359 | 360 | 361 | 362 | 363 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments