Did Paris Drive on Suspended License Again?

4/19/2007 12:17 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

There are reports this AM -- supported by photos and video -- that Paris Hilton is again driving on a suspended license. And get this -- the pictures show Hilton driving away from a meeting with her lawyer about an upcoming court appearance for driving on a suspended license!

TMZ did some digging and found that at least this time, Paris didn't break the law. Her lawyer, Howard Weitzman, confirmed to TMZ that Hilton's suspension in connection with her drunk driving arrest last September has been lifted, and she has her license back.

Paris is back in court May 4, when prosecutors will ask a judge to revoke her probation for when she really did drive on a suspended license.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

tami

How is it possible that her license was reinstated if she never took the class??? I think most states are the same in requiring that you take some kind of a driving class before a suspended license is reinstated.

Jim

I think the judge that gave her 45 days should get the same she should have gotten 18 months but because she`s a little rich bitch all she got was 45 days thats what`s wrong with this country it`s everyone else`s fault!!!!!!!!

Karen in Daytona Beach

People make mistakes and should be punished when needed. What irks me is her attitude. I personally will not be knowingly adding to her share of the profits and will not be staying at Hilton hotels or purchasing other products that she markets or endorses. Let's pull the plug on her money trail.

Paul

Throw her in jail.

vwoods

So, I'm confused?...What's the 45 days for? DUI or/and violating driving under suspencion? ANYWHERE ELSE, your license is suspended for one year no matter what your sentence is. IS this really fair to the simple folks? A>>>NO. What's happening California??!!

Paul

Just a blond retard.

kAREN

What is going on here???She is no different then anyone else, who get a DUI.. I mean c'mon if it wasn't for her name she would already be in jail..Her D.L. was suspended in Jan., of this year and she is back driving..This is why our justice system stinks.. If you have the money you can get out of anything.. And if GOV' Arnold lets her go free then he needs help..TIME FOR HOLLYWOOD TO UNDERSTAND THEY CAN'T GET AWAY WITH EVERYTHING.. I say lock her up for the 45 days.. She knew about her D.L. being suspended.. Why blame someone else.. I guess she really is dumb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

catsmeow

I have a few questions regarding this whole thing. One: how is it a driver wouldn't know if he/she had a license suspended? I know where I am from, you not only have to be present for court and sign off on the matter. I just don't see the argument being valid when Paris says she didn't know her license was suspended. If you are on probation for DUI there is no way they would allow you, AND THEY WILL NOTIFY YOU ONE WAY OR THE OTHER. Two: how is it by allowing Paris to drive again, going to make her and the general public understand that driving while intoxicated is not only dangerous but its wreckless and ILLEGAL?! I can say from personal experience she is lucky to be driving now and it sickens me to think that the law of the land would even give her the ok for it. Three: Why is it such a deal now that Paris getting nailed for a DUI and breaking probation? Yet, we have seen photos in the media prior to this incident that Paris and Nicole were in the club hoppin scene, boozing, partying, dancing on bartops-etc. If anything, I am shocked that its only now, and not before, that their foolish behavior has gotten them into trouble. What truely saddens me is that she is an adult and, like most of the hollywood starlets like her, still don't understand the concept that you can be fun/classy, and still be a media icon.

CAROL SHINES

I think she should go to jail just think if she would have killed someone while driving drunk and continued to drive. She thinks she is above the law since her last name is HIlton, she contributes nothing to the moral fiber of America,my questio is what is her talent besides sleeping around driving drunk and wearing expensive clothes, what a waste she should go to jail serve her time may be it will be a life changing moment for her.

CAROL SHINES

Your comments: I think she should go to jail just think if she would
have killed
someone while driving drunk and continued to drive. She thinks she is
above the law since her last name is HIlton, she contributes nothing
to the moral fiber of America,my questio is what is her talent
besides sleeping around driving drunk and wearing expensive clothes,
what a waste she should go to jail serve her time may be it will be a
life changing moment for her.

WHAT IS THE RUSH

THE LICENSE SHOULD NOT BE GIVEN BACK

UNTIL TIME SERVED, PERIOD...............ASK A MOTHER OF A CHILD KILLED BY A DRUNK DRIVER OR PERSON DRIVING W/ OUT A LICENSE. CALIFORNIA MUST GET TUFF. ENOUGH. I TRY NOT TO KEEP COMMENTING ON THIS, BUT I GET SO ANGRY.

WHAT IS THE RUSH

I'LL DONATE TO ARONLD,

IF IT WILL GET ME OFF, THAT IS WHAT YOUR SAYING. SO WRONG, SO WRONG, SO WRONG, SO WRONG, SO WRONG, SO WRONG, SO WRONG, SO WRONG, SO WRONG. THEN THAT WOULD BE DIRT MONEY.

WHAT IS THE RUSH

Informal Probation (or Summary Probation) requires the defendant to complete certain terms of the sentence and stay out of trouble. Scheduled meetings with a probation officer are not necessary under summary or informal probation.

For all types of probation, the California criminal defendant’s sentence may include any or all of the following:

Community service As soon as a probation violation occurs, an arrest may follow shortly thereafter and/or the defendant may be ordered to court for a probation violation hearing. During the court hearing, the Prosecutor must prove the violation by more than 50% of the evidence, as opposed to ‘beyond a reasonable doubt’ which is necessary for a criminal trial.
PARIS IS CIVIL.
Staying out of trouble is mandatory during probation SHE DID NOT DO THIS. When the defendant commits new crimesDRIVING W/OUT A LICENSE TWICE AFTER A DUI during the probationary period, a probation violation may occur.

Counseling