Alec Responds:

'I've Been Driven to the Edge'

4/20/2007 5:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Alec BaldwinAlec Baldwin swung back at wife Kim Basinger, slamming "certain people" who he says, "will go to any lengths to embarass [sic] me and to disrupt my relationship with my daughter."

In a statement on his website alecbaldwin.com, Baldwin apologizes for "losing my temper" but is "equally sorry that a court order was violated," and maintains that despite his now-public tirade he has friends and "respect from people I work with," and what he claims to be "a normal relationship" with daughter Ireland. Here's the statement in full:

Thank you to everyone who has posted messages of suppport and understanding. Naturally, it is not best for a parent to lose their temper with their child. Everyone who knows me privately knows that I have endured a great deal over the last several years in my custody litigation. Everyone who knows me privately knows that certain people will go to any lengths to embarass me and to disrupt my relationship with my daughter.

In such public cases, your opponents attempt to take a picture of you on your worst day and insist that this is who you are as a person. Outside the doors of divorce court, I have friends, I have respect from people I work with and I have a normal relationship with my daughter. All of that is threatened whenever one enters a court room.

Although I have been told by numerous people not to worry too much, as all parents lose their patience with their kids, I am most saddened that this was released to the media because of what it does to a child. I'm sorry, as everyone who knows me is aware, for losing my temper with my child. I have been driven to the edge by parental alienation for many years now. You have to go through this to understand. (Although I hope you never do.) I am sorry for what happened. But I am equally sorry that a court order was violated, which had deliberately been put under seal in this case.

Once my book is published, I'm sure more people will understand the incredible strains created by parental alienation.

In the meantime, I'm sorry to anyone who's taken offense from this episode.

big joe

we really do not know what he is going thru let's all back off.

Sherri

This whole thing is really sad. It was wrong for Basinger to try to keep the child away from her father. Ever. Period. She seemingly has accomplished what she wanted, which was to cause enough anger and frustration in her ex-husband that he would lash out. In the process, she has used their daughter as a tool for that. Shame on her. Hopefully Ireland will one day see the conniving bitch her mother has been. Not that Alec is perfect, far from it, but there is no reason to keep a parent who OBVIOUSLY loves their child away for the purpose of spite. Shameful behavior!

HKS SUCKS!!!

In Summary...

I'm sorry that I got CAUGHT saying what I said....I'm only apologizing so you buy my stupid-azz book!

monique

Sometimes people really say what is in their heart/mind when under the influence of liquor, drugs or rage.

Anyone can understand Alec being tired of the games and manipulation, but you change your tone/demeanor when dealing with your child no matter how you feel about your ex.

Linn

No wonder why many of our youth of today goes wacky... look at the role models or lack of them. Think about the kids...they do have feelings too!

Nina

YOU ARE A WEASEL AND A CHILD ABUSER!!!

Can I be anymore direct? It does not matter what any other adult did or didn't do... It was YOU on the phone and it was YOUR DAUGHTER who had to listen to your abuse.

I can't remember when I have been so angry about a parent who can't take responsibiity for their own behavior. YOU damaged YOUR child. Let your ex-wife be responsible for her own behavior towards your child, not responsible for YOUR'S.

Nothing any other party could do would interfere with my behavior to my children. I understand the gift that they are to me and to their father. There are no excuses for what you have done. You are only crying about this because the world found out what a truly horrific father you are. Call your child a pig????? Friends have told you that they do the same thing to their children??? I would pay for some serious group therapy for the bunch of you.

Aspen

If Alec "were the bigger person", he would not have raged at his daughter in the first place!

I agree that there are two sides to every story, and that Kim may have been just as horrible. It's quite obvious that neither one of them posses the maturity to set their differences aside for the good of their daughter. We may not know details, but we know enough to have seen that they have made their daughter the pawn of all their battles. They both are to blame for not being able to "be the bigger person".

With that being said, it doesn't matter what Kim has done to Alec or what Alec has done to Kim. He (Alec) should not have issued the disgusting tirade that he did towards his daughter. Yes, parents make mistakes, and lose their temper (I am one, I know), but there is a very big difference between a temporary loss of temper, and what we heard on that recording What he did is mental and emotional abuse, and there is NO excuse! I don't care how big a bitch your ex is, you DON'T take out your frustrations on your child. PERIOD.

uniformsformilitarypersonnelonly

Joe Russo... of course..... OUT OF THE MOUTH OF ANOTHER MALE IDIOT.

Joan

While all parents may lose patience with their children at one time or another, Mr. Baldwin, the good ones do not abuse them verbally. I just can't wrap my mind around any loving father calling his 11 year-old daughter a PIG no matter what her mother had done to him. YOU are the pig, Alec.

Pearly Whites

44. Frightening! The worst is that he says he is coming out next week, friday the 20th, to "STRAIGHTEN YOUR ASS OUT". Make sure you are there. Rude little pig.

That would terrify any 11 year old.

Now he is going to trash the mother and daughter in a BOOK? This guy is nuts. He rants about the "trouble" it is to find a phone to call her. CELL PHONES! Get one.

And this is only what WE have heard. Imagine what goes on when he has that poor child alone.

Posted at 5:33PM on Apr 20th 2007 by alec is a rude little pig

===================================================================
This is what goes on:

I had divorced parents. My father was like this. The point was he blamed me because HE did not want to visit me. You weren't there for phone calls, you would rather see your friends. Excuses. He had anger. He had one day a week that he was to visit. He showed up late and left early and mostly never came. The first thing he would say is I have to talk to your mother. He would then take me to the garage and pull down my pants and beat me with a stick. Why? Because he made my mother tell him anything bad that I had done during that week. I honestly didn't even remember what I had done wrong. I mean kids don't remember things from one day to the next. You sassed your mother a week ago tuesday. uh, o.k.

It was weird to have your pants pulled down by a man who was really a stranger. I had to pretend to look forward to his visits when I dreaded them.

One time I received an award at the school achievement ceremony. All of the families were there, but as usual I had nobody there, Mom worked, but I got hell the next visit.

My friends father called my father and congratulated him on my award. My father was so furious that he was embarrassed because he didn't know about it that I got the stick.

I didn't know to tell him about the award ahead of time because it was a surprise for me.

I could go on, believe me. The point is, this is not isolated. Fathers like this are poison. Kim should keep him away. If the child wants, supervised visits ONLY.

All fathers do not deserve the title.

pam

Yup, "all parents do lose their patience with their kids". But not all parents scare or call their children names. Think how his daughter felt getting that message. " Im coming out there and straighten your ass out"---Was he going to hit her? I'd call 911.
She is a kid. Kids forget things, they are not adults.

He is way out there and should lose all rights. But, no big deal right, its Hollywood.

TskTskTsk

I will never see another Alec Baldwin movie, TV show, nor will I buy or read his book.

BOYCOTT ALEC! BOYCOTT ALEC! BOYCOTT ALEC! BOYCOTT ALEC! BOYCOTT ALEC! BOYCOTT ALEC! BOYCOTT ALEC! BOYCOTT ALEC! BOYCOTT ALEC! BOYCOTT ALEC! BOYCOTT ALEC! BOYCOTT ALEC! BOYCOTT ALEC! BOYCOTT ALEC! BOYCOTT ALEC! BOYCOTT ALEC! BOYCOTT ALEC! BOYCOTT ALEC! BOYCOTT ALEC! BOYCOTT ALEC! BOYCOTT ALEC! BOYCOTT ALEC! BOYCOTT ALEC! BOYCOTT ALEC! BOYCOTT ALEC! BOYCOTT ALEC! BOYCOTT ALEC! BOYCOTT ALEC! BOYCOTT ALEC! BOYCOTT ALEC!

Mirandi

As easy as it is to be so hard on Alec let me please remind youthat Kim Basinger is not only a mentally unfit, unstable, agorophobic lunatic but much worse is the fact she has PURPOSELY tried to get their daughter to hate her father..since the very 1st day of their seperation. No decent mother does such a thing. A daughter LOVES her father in most all cases and for Kim to WANT the child to loathe and hate her father shows what a real bitch she really is. Behind the blond hair is a nasty, evil woman. So Alec needs to calm down but Kim needs to stop being so selfish and start wanting whats best for the kid..or she will end up a mess-LIKE KIM already is!

Granny

There is no excuse to ever talk this way to any person - let alone a child. Never. Children need to be nurtured, not bullied nor abused by their parent. From what he said on the tape, calling his daughter first 12 years old, then later saying 11 years, one would assume he doesn't even know the age of his own daughter.

Mr. Baldwin definitely needs to be held accountable for his actions. Hopefully he'll be required by the courts to take anger management, sensitivity training and parenting classes before having any more contact with his daughter.

Perhaps he needs to go the way of Don Imus.. goodbye Mr. Baldwin.

Sean

Could this story be any less relevant?