Kim's Lawyer -- Alec Doesn't Have a Clue

4/20/2007 3:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kim Basinger's lawyer says Alec Baldwin's response to the shocking message he left on Ireland's voice mail proves the actor is "out of touch" with reality.
Neal Hersh and Kim Basinger
After TMZ posted the voice mail, Baldwin's reps released a statement alleging Basinger and her lawyer leaked the material.

Basinger's high-powered celebrity attorney Neal Hersh has just responded, telling TMZ: "There is much I can say and have said in the past regarding Mr. Baldwin's responsibility for the relationship between him and his daughter Ireland." Hersh continues, "I am concerned that Mr. Baldwin's recent statement, wherein he attempts to shift responsibility to Kim and her lawyers for his issues with Ireland, shows just how out of touch he is with the reality and gravity of the situation."

Frankie Hoge

WHEN ALEC HAS TO CONTEND WITH BITCH KIM....HE HAS BEEN PUT THROUGH HELL.....BITCH PUTS IRELAND UP TO HER BS AND NOW WANTS TO DENY THIS....
KIM IS A LYING BITCH !!!!!!!!!!! WHY DON'T THEY POST HER PAST TARDY TRICKS....SHE IS NO ANGEL., BY ANY MEASURE...SHE HAS BEEN ONE BUSY SLUT FOR ALONG TIME...
TMZ NEEDS TO PRINT BOTH SIDES TO THIS...OR ARE THEY AFRAID OF HER ATTORNEY LIKE THEIR BACKING OFF OF COWARD BECAUSE HE GOT SOME BIG ASS SUE LAWYER ???
DON'T GO AFTER SOMEONE TILL YOU KNOW "" BOTH "" SIDES...........

helen CAmp

PAT #67 .... "let the truth see the light of day"

May I just say DITTO?

Tonia

It is deplorable that Baldwin said and he should be punished accordingly. But Basinger should be fined as well. She has possession, custody and control of that voicemail message and to allow it to be leaked to show how badly Baldwin can act was deplorable on Basinger's part. Neither one of them appear fit to have custody of this child. If I were that judge I would emancipate Ireland and make Baldwin and Basinger pay child support to provide for her.

Gbear

While I am not a huge Alec Baldwin fan, I get a strong feeling that his message, harsh as it was, was meant to be drected to Kim Basinger and NOT his daughter. The very fact that Alex Bladwin is still making attempts to contact his child on a regular basis should tell us that he does care for his daughter, but the frustrations of dealing with an ex wife who is obviously poisoning their daughter againts the father, and prohibiting her from taking his calls led Alec to "lose it". Yes, calling his daughter a pig was very unnecesaary, but I believe he was relally directing the comment to Kim Bassinger.
You know the old saying, there are 2 sides to every coin. I think Kim Bassinger used this mishap as ammunition against Alec. She is not a "Lilly White" individual either. She has prevented a father from visition rights to his daughter on numberour occasions.
I pitty both parents, but I pity Ireland even more for being caught in the middle of their private war.

Ken

66. No one knows what's really going on, but I can tell you from experience that there are plenty of men out there who are incredibly charming to the outside world and their image is everything to them. Behind closed doors they are verbally abusive, demean their spouse and their children, belittle them and have huge anger issues. It's all about control. They are bullies, but they are actually scared people who can only survive when they feel as if they are in control and make everyone near and dear to them smaller than them. Alec Baldwin is a classic.

Posted at 4:31PM on Apr 20th 2007 by Pat
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

and PLENTY of women too PAT plenty of women too

ellen ruby

Enough already! When parents get angry, frustrated, pushed to the edge, they say things they are sorry for. So if you don't want to hear about all of this nonsense, don't read it! Turn it off! Who cares...There are more important things to do with your time.

anon

KIM -----------YOU DRUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have another LARGE bottle of WHITE WINE

Kym

he's a damn Narcissist if I've ever seen one. Sooooo typical!

appauled by the stalkarazzi

As per usual Baldwin wants to play the victim and refuses to take accountablity for his actions.

The excuse that his wife drove him to it is pathetic. High fives to Kim for trying to protect her daughter from the self absorbed, arrogant, egotistical, control freak that Baldwin is.

Alec Baldwin has a Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde type personality. And, the whole world has now born witness to his bizarre anger and control problem.

The intimdation and rage in his voice is disgusting. And, totally uncalled for. All over a mere missed phone call. Geees one hates to imagine what the SOB is capable of saying and doing if the kid doesn't do her homework or doesn't go to bed exactly when Daddy dearest says so.

No wonder the kid doesn't want to see him or answer his calls. She's afraid too!! This tape is but a sampling of the verbal, emmotional, and physical abuse Kim and Ireland have put up with for years now.

The world needed to hear that tape. Maybe now Alec will seek the professional help he's needed for years now. The man is in serious denial and needs psych help!!!! If he truly cared about his daughter he'd get professional help pronto!!!

Patricia Perri Belmonte

He (Alec B.) needs anger management "BIG TIME" If I were Kim Bassinger I'd put him on a peace bond...I think he can actually be dangerous.

Michelle

#3--notafan--you are blaming the child for playing them? Do you have a clue how screwed up you are? My God, I pray you are not a parent! You are sick!!!

Not Surprised

This happens every day when one child lives with a parent who hates the other parent. It's sad that the parents would rather hate each other than have civility and some respect just because of their child. Shame on Kim for allowing this recording to get out and shame on Alec for saying these things to his own child! Both of them need to grow up quickly.

Brenda

Interesting that Mr. Hershe never actually denies that he and/or his client leaked the tape. Typical lawyer move to switch it around and call Alec delusional. If Hersh said he wasn't responsible, he would be LYING... so to avoid that he cleverly calls Alec delusional. Please, Kim Basinger seems like a vindictive bitch who will stop at nothing to keep Alec away from his daughter. Neither one of these two is fit to raise her.

Barabra

Except for the interest of the child, I am glad this was leaked. My daughter heard it and her jaw dropped...except for the voice, the words, the anger and the tirade sounded just like my child's father. My child is now 26 and I wish I had had the wherewithal to get the legal help I needed when my daughter was young. She can handle her father pretty well on her own now....My hope is that a greater awareness will go out to all divorcing parents when they hear this tape...don't do it to your own child. No matter how angry you are or how well you think your child can handle it, the scars will last. There is no excuse for this kind of abuse. And if you think it's the "other parents fault"...just look to yourself if words such as these are coming from YOUR mouth. Like my daughter's father, Alec Baldwin has no one to blame but himself.

MiladyM

The man has no case. He left it on voice mail. It then becomes the property of his EX and she can do what ever she wants with it. Alex like his brothers are totally out of control spoiled brats. Any judge that does not take away his parental rights needs to be disbarred pronto