Kim's Lawyer -- Alec Doesn't Have a Clue

4/20/2007 3:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kim Basinger's lawyer says Alec Baldwin's response to the shocking message he left on Ireland's voice mail proves the actor is "out of touch" with reality.
Neal Hersh and Kim Basinger
After TMZ posted the voice mail, Baldwin's reps released a statement alleging Basinger and her lawyer leaked the material.

Basinger's high-powered celebrity attorney Neal Hersh has just responded, telling TMZ: "There is much I can say and have said in the past regarding Mr. Baldwin's responsibility for the relationship between him and his daughter Ireland." Hersh continues, "I am concerned that Mr. Baldwin's recent statement, wherein he attempts to shift responsibility to Kim and her lawyers for his issues with Ireland, shows just how out of touch he is with the reality and gravity of the situation."

Derek Bill

Wow, a pig, huh? Imagine having your father call you that in a private phone call. Now, imagine having the whole world hear it. And then imagine having all kinds of people who should be spending time with their own kids writing and commenting on it. Think of all those neglected kids wishing they had parents who would spend time with them instead of being glued to their computer all the time, reading and commenting on other people's private lives. America's pretty cool, isn't it?

Sally

You know, he needs psychological help and he needs to release Kim and his daughter. Just go on with his life. Get a girlfriend, have more children. I think that may be his problem, that he can't have more children and this is IT for him. But he needs to let it go. Their little public animosity to each other is embarassing. I like the guy as an actor but each time something like this happens publicly, I have to step back my support for him. And she's no great shakes. Admit it was a bad marriage, it was a mistake, and move on. Forget the daughter except on birthdays and special occasions, but move on Alec, get another life.

Carol

There are always two sides to a story, especially a nasty divorce story, but the message AB left on his daughter's voicemail is inexcusable. When is he going to learn that everyone is responsible for their actions 100% of the time, no exceptions, regardless of the circumstances.?

valriem

This is in response to Iaangel. You have cussed out your children in the manner of Alec Baldwin?? ! ! His language to his 11 year old daughter is despicable. He is, as my husband said "an ass" Anyone who would cuss out their children in this way makes me sad. My husband and I raised two children and managed to never speak to them this way. We are not prudes and we are not particularly religious, but we are spiritual and felt that cursing at them was not the answer!

Somebody , shoot it! Quick!

COME ONE PEOPLE! I can't beleive how some of you are so against Alec as if he did the worst thing ever . What he said was awful. Words hurt. Parents/Children, Siblings, Wife/husband may say something JUST ONE time they should not have said and hoepfully will never sayagain. I hope Alec has never said anything like this before.
LOOK AT THE WHOLE PICTURE here.These two have been at each for years and usingtheir daughter as a pawn in the hate game. sad. Alec, even though he is full of anger for Kim, should have not taken these words to his daughter. Kim , as full of hate as she is to Alec, should have not released thsi phone message she took from her daughter. It was a private, bad , family matter. Some of you forgot that Kim is an alcoholic and the courts in one of Kim vs. Alec matches, Alec was given custody.
Who is the biggest loser here? Ireland Basinger. Who wins? Kim and her camp of fmaily, lawyers, judges, friends, etc., . Who is biggest winner? The papparazi because they ar egoing t oscore big pay days hunting for IRELAND BASINGER.

Kandace Fish

This is terriable for all parties, this does not happen to families who do not live in the Public eye, some make judgements w/o hearing all the facts. Quite frankly this is none of our business...

maggie

Adults who do not answer their cellphones over and over show contempt for the efforts of those they have relationships with both personal and business in this behaviour. A child caught in the anquish of two alienated parents can react in a passive agressive way by ignoring phone calls over and over. Children have little control in their lives and this is one way to make a statement. Unfortunately, if both love the CHILD, all anomosity should be put aside and the custodial parent should make sure that the child has this contact with their parent and that phone calls are returned, emails answered and the parents' anger should not be unleased on the child in any form. The court needs to bring BOTH parents together and get them on the same page...both need to be guided on the awesome responsibiility of raising a child together while apart . It appears to me that both of these adults need to be taught some responsible parenting skills...there is no bad guy/good guy when a child needs all the love and security it can receive.

johnnie

OUT OF TOUCH IS RIGHT, HE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HOW OLD SHE IS, SAID 12 or 11 YEARS OLD AND WHAT KIM HAS PUT HI THROUGH, OH PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liz

What's in Ireland's best interest is to have firm and loving parents who care enough about her to do what's best for her. Neither Kim nor Alec qualify. Put her in foster care. She'd be better off.

lunchbreakgossip

Has anyone ever had their child ignore them or avoid them when they call them on the phone? Felt the fear, frustration that gives way to anger? I can only imagine how that feels when you're three thousand miles away from your child and you don't know what is going on, just that they're PROBABLY not answering because talking to you seems like a trivial inconvenience. I had a very similar conversation with my sons (two step, one of my own) every time they wouldn't answer their phones. She is a child and does not have the right to simply ignore her father. If she doesn't want to talk for long she still owes him the courtesy of answering the phone. And it is TERRIBLE that Kim doesn't seem to be supporting Alec in his role as father. I have had to MAKE my son talk to his father on the phone, I have been on my exes side making sure that my son knows that he is to respect his father. I don't like doing it, but it is the only way I can make sure that my son has a somewhat balanced life after divorce; regardless of what I feel for his father, he still has too parents who love him.

AC7880

Baldwin is a violent out of control piece of crap. Keep him away from ALL children.

UncleBigBad

maybe some of that hair goo has penetrated his nose and brain and it's making him act nutty. I think the big question now is if he gets that mad on the phone, what might he do in person? And I've never followed his career much, but when you have a beautiful, talented and rich wife, why would you let her get away?

mom of teenagers

If looks like a little anger management is in order here. There is no justification for the verbal abuse he has heaped upon his daughter. No it is not normal or acceptable for a parent to berate a child no matter how angry they are. Real men don't abuse children.

Yeah, you ARE nuts!

Yeah Alec just give up and write the checks and hope you daughter calls you sometime otherwise Kim will ruin your career and your new show since she doesn't have a career anymore.

LauraLawre

SERIOUSLY...LOOK AT THE EYES OF ALEC BALDWIN..!!
WHAT DOES EVERYONE EXPECT...HE IS HIGER THAN A KITE..
DRUGS AND LOW INTELLIGENCE ARE HIS PROBLEM.
AND KIM SHOULD HAVE STAYED IN GEORIGA WITH TOM PETTY IF SHE WANTED TO BE HAPPY!!