Alec Baldwin's

Threatening Message to Daughter

4/22/2007 4:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

An enraged Alec Baldwin unleashed a volcanic tirade of threats and insults on his 11-year-old daughter, Ireland, calling her a "thoughtless little pig," and bashing her mother Kim Basinger -- and TMZ has obtained the whole thing unfiltered and raw. And we've learned, a family law judge was so alarmed after hearing the tape, she has temporarily barred Baldwin from having any contact with his child.

Alec Baldwin Daughter Phone Message
After Ireland failed to answer her father's scheduled morning phone call from New York on April 11, Alec went berserk on her voice mail, saying "Once again, I have made an ass of myself trying to get to a phone," adding, "you have insulted me for the last time."

Switching his train of thought, Baldwin then exercised his incredible parenting skills and took a shot at his ex-wife, declaring, "I don't give a damn that you're 12-years-old or 11-years-old, or a child, or that your mother is a thoughtless pain in the ass who doesn't care about what you do." The irate Baldwin went on to say, "You've made me feel like s**t" and threatened to "straighten your ass out."

"This crap you pull on me with this goddamn phone situation that you would never dream of doing to your mother," screamed Baldwin, "and you do it to me constantly over and over again."

Before hanging up, Baldwin warned the child, "You better be ready Friday the 20th to meet with me." That's tomorrow.

We've learned that on Wednesday, Los Angeles County Superior Court commissioner Maren Nelson heard the tape and temporarily suspended Baldwin's visitation rights. A hearing is set for May 4, where the judge could permanently deny Baldwin visitation or contact with Ireland.

Calls to Basinger's attorneys, celebrity lawyers Neal Hersh and Judy Bogen, were not returned.

Baldwin's lawyer, Vicki Greene, told TMZ, "Whatever happened yesterday was sealed and confidential. What you're telling me you've got you shouldn't have."

UPDATE: Basinger's publicist, Annette Wolfe, told TMZ: "The voicemail speaks for itself."

UPDATE: A friend of Alec Baldwin's just contacted TMZ to say that the actor called Ireland last week and apologized for his outburst. The friend added that Ireland is the most important thing in the world to Alec and that he is frustrated because over the last six years, Kim has "tried everything" to alienate Ireland from him.

UPDATE: Alec Baldwin's spokesperson released the following statement to the TV show "EXTRA": "In the best interest of the child, Alec will do what the mother is pathologically incapable of doing ... keeping his mouth shut and obeying the court order. The mother and her lawyer leaked this sealed material in violation of a court order. Although Alec acknowledges that he should have used different language in parenting his child, everyone who knows him privately knows what he has been put through for the past six years."

cynditread

Oh gosh! A teen trying to play her parents! What's new? I seriously doubt Mr. Baldwin was trying to hurt his daughter. I think he could have used better judgement but it happens and we are all guilty of losing our tempers. geez.

Tracy

How many of you have lost your temper and said some things you shouldn't have said. I have. I believe most of you have as well. It certainly seems as though this has been an ongoing situation. Maybe another relative should step in and help this girl to be raised in a healthier environment.

Tricia

To remove his vistation rights entirely because he lost his temper is ridiculous. You can also hear the frustration in his voice. The judge should have taken into account the events leading up to this message. It is well known that Ms. Basinger has been doing absolutely everything she could to alienate his child from him for the last six years, and still he fights for her. A lot of men would not put that kind of effort into keeping a relationship with their children, particularly in the face of all this animosity. Shame on Ms. Basinger for pushing it to these extremes. Shame on you TMZ for subjecting the child to the ridicule she will indeed face in the future. Doesn't her mother do enough of that? Shame on all of these news outlets that have picked up the story. i just hope the child sees all of this nonsense for what it really is.

mari

I always thought Alec Baldwin was a closet "Ass" that rant just proves it. He should never had called that little girl those names. Don Imus is a Saint compared to this guy. He doesn't deserve to be in the same room as Ireland.

kiki

It's a dad mad at his daughter....wow that never happens outside of hollywood...besides she what 11, kids are brats during the middle school / jr high years more than any other period.

MA

In all honesty, it really is none of our damn business... Just like I am sure none of you want your skeletons out there neither do they. Here is an idea... LET THEM BE, let them work this out on there own with the court system.. They certainly don't need ordinary nosey people out there making THERE life decisions for them..
And yes, I lived with an abusive father.. and I turned out FINE.. I think it helped make me who I am today.. Successful!!

Lisa

who is the child here. He needs parenting classes

Hudd

I believe everyone gets angry in divorce and custody battle situations and things are said we all regret later but you should NEVER put down your child or use GODS name in vain!

mom4girls

Alec Baldwin calling his eleven/twelve year old daughter (does he even know??) a "rude pig" doesn't surprise me one bit, this man has been a rude pig for most of his adult (and I use the term loosely) life. How do you think this kid feels hearing her father talk to her like that, her father!! way to go Alec you just proved to the American public what an a**shole you really are-- no surprise here.

Finally

It's about time he got caught red handed, This guy has been a scum bag for year's. Kim's only mistake was hooking up with him you the first place. For as long as I can remember he has been an ass!

SeeHisPoint

Obviously, the mother is promoting the disharmony.
There is no disapline or teaching of respect and courtesy on the mother's part.
It's quite obvious He has been bending over backwards to accomodate calling his child at a time determined by the mother or child and is being blown off!
Mother and daughter both need to be spanked!!

Lachelle

I feel that it is wrong for the mother to put this kind of information out to the public. If it had been someone who is not famous I wonder how things would have gone. Im a mother of four kids and at least once or twice a week I get angry and say some hurtful words, but later I go to them and apologize and explain why because parents do get stressed sometimes, and kids needs to obey both parents. Kids are not the easiest munchkins to sometimes raise up. I even wonder how many times Mrs. Basinger has yelled at her daughter, but since the child is mostly with her she does not have to leave it on the voice mail she tells her face to face. This is only teaching children that when someone says something hurtful to you take it to the public and they will make sure that the hand that feeds you and loves you will be destroyed. Wake up people and pray because the world is raising up DCF robots and in the end these same undisciplined robots are going to turn on the ones that protected them from being disciplined.

Mo

This is unbelievable. That's not just yelling. He out right threatend her. Maybe this is what Kim was trying to protect Ireland from in the first place. u r completly right, that's not a once in a while kind of thing. It is gross.

Joan McDermott

I cannot stand Alec Baldwin's political views, and it pains me to stick up for him. But it is obvoius that this tirade shows he loves her, he cares about her or he would not be so enraged. The fact this was released to the public by the mother does not say much for her. Many father's walk out on their children after they divorce; he is not one of them. I hope he will be able to spend time with his daughter in the future.

Bill of mpls

The only thing I see wrong is the calling of names,he could of shared his disapointment with her in more of a grown up manner.I understand the frustration that comes with being a parent,but the name calling is no solution to any problem.She should be happy daddy is calling her,if he did'nt love her there would be no phone calls.And mom should'nt be airing out her dirty laundry to the public,that would only hurt her case.And thats 1 mans opinion.Thanx for listening