Rosie Makes It Official -- She's Leaving

4/25/2007 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The reign of Rosie on "The View" is over! She announced on today's show that she's leaving in June after she couldn't come to terms with ABC on a new contract.

Confirming the story that TMZ broke exclusively last night, Rosie led the show, saying, "Breaking news! I've decided we couldn't come to terms with my deal, so next year I'm not going to be on 'The View'." Rosie explained that she wanted a one-year deal, while ABC wanted three years. She insisted that she wasn't fired by ABC or Barbara Walters -- "They're not kicking me out!" she said.

She added that she'll be on the show frequently next season as a guest-host after she makes her exit in June, and will participate in special episodes as well.

Meanwhile, Babwa told viewers she was "sad" about Rosie's exit but said that she "knew" Rosie would only stay for a year when she hired her last spring. Babs also said that she and ABC "have not thought about a replacement" but TMZ has learned that the word is already out in Hollywood to find one.

The View: Click to watchAccording to Joy, the one person who's really cut up about Ro's departure is Donald Trump, joking, "How is he going to resuscitate 'The Apprentice' now?" Even Rosie's frequent sparring partner Elisabeth Hasselbeck thanked her for "taking the shackles off" the show's debate.

Rosie said that her final decision was made when she took a vote with her kids on what to do. One of the kids, says Ro, didn't understand why everyone came up to her when she was in public and told her, "You got to get rid of that [job]."

Then it was business as usual on "The View," as the ladies went on to bash Bush and talk "Dancing with the Stars."

Tmz is lame

Good Riddance. Maybe I will watch The View again.

He's just another Idiot

Oh, no!!! Rosie is going to stay until the end of June??? I was so hoping she would leave today. Her leaving because of a "contract dispute" is the funniest thing she has ever said on TV. She was fired and ABC had to keep her to the end of her contract. Rosie, get a personality transplant and go back to school. You are too dumb and mean to be raising children.

Mr. X

Couldnt agree on a contact huh? Right!!!! Didnt Donald Trump say a few months back that she would not be back on the View? Looks like he was right huh Piggy? Go fall off a cruise ship Rosie. You are useless. Thanks for making my day.

Overboard

Best wishes to you Rosie--your'e in a leauge all of your own!

Chris

Now maybe I can watch the show again. I am so tired of hearing her filth and garbage that she spews, that most of the time I wurn off the radio when they are talking about her. I can't imagine why the ratings went up.

ROsita

Dear Fans:
I have enjoyed my time at The View very much. I would like to thank all my loyal fans who've been so supportive. I have many projects waiting in the wings; and causes I am dear to that I can devote my time to. I wish you all the best and hope only the best for you and our country.

I should note that I am quitting do to the fact that ABC would not agree to widening all the doorways and allowing my forklift driver proper accomodation to haul my fat-ass in and out of the studio. As well as the health insurance provided by the Disney Co. doesn't cover my being a a crazy ass slob.

Rosie

(***this is satire---this is NoT Rosie writing this letter; but comedy)

sandy

BARBARA WALTERS SUCKS....SO PHONY AND OLD..ROSIE WE WILL MISS YOU ..YOU MADETHAT TIRED SHOW WATCHABLE....I HOPE THE RATINGS PLUMMET WHEN ROSIE LEAVES!!!! SCREW ABC....I'LL WATCH MONTEL...

Eneleh

Why did the station take so long to say goodbye to this woman! Without a doubt, she is a total embarrassment to the entertainment field. Barbara, I certainly hope you regain your creditability.

mary

I do not believe the reason Rosie is leaving is because they could not agree on her contract,I think she was asked to leave because she acted like such a pig at that women's luncheon on Monday that Barbara has had enough.I think Barbara told her she could say whatever she wanted was the reason and the contract was what she chose.Good-bye Rosie

DRP

THANK GOD !!! Another national nightmare is nearly over. (Could S. Crow also fly away simultaneously -- like one sheet to the wind)

Pat

She never said that the goverment planned 911 why dont you read what she said, she has balls and that scares alot of you men who have none. Donald Trump is the biggest idiot I have ever seen, and by the way Rosie is off the view but she will still have a show wait and see>>>>>>

cookie

Oh my the View is gonna be such a bore without Rosie
she brought all the juicy DRAMA
I LOVED IT

Tink

Best of luck to Rosie! I think the individuals who resort to name calling in their comments ought to have their mouths washed out with soap! Rosie is entitled to her opinion whether we agree with it or not. She made the show controversial and that's why we all watch whether we wanted to admit it or not. I'd admit it! I say Rosie for President! You go girl!

sandy

ROSIE YOU ARE FABULOUS!!!!!

Debra

Thank Goodness! She has been a loud mouth bully since day 1! Noone else even has a chance to say a word, she runs the show and I am BEYOND happy she is taking her goofy self off to never never land. Good riddance Rosie!