Rosie Makes It Official -- She's Leaving

4/25/2007 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The reign of Rosie on "The View" is over! She announced on today's show that she's leaving in June after she couldn't come to terms with ABC on a new contract.

Confirming the story that TMZ broke exclusively last night, Rosie led the show, saying, "Breaking news! I've decided we couldn't come to terms with my deal, so next year I'm not going to be on 'The View'." Rosie explained that she wanted a one-year deal, while ABC wanted three years. She insisted that she wasn't fired by ABC or Barbara Walters -- "They're not kicking me out!" she said.

She added that she'll be on the show frequently next season as a guest-host after she makes her exit in June, and will participate in special episodes as well.

Meanwhile, Babwa told viewers she was "sad" about Rosie's exit but said that she "knew" Rosie would only stay for a year when she hired her last spring. Babs also said that she and ABC "have not thought about a replacement" but TMZ has learned that the word is already out in Hollywood to find one.

The View: Click to watchAccording to Joy, the one person who's really cut up about Ro's departure is Donald Trump, joking, "How is he going to resuscitate 'The Apprentice' now?" Even Rosie's frequent sparring partner Elisabeth Hasselbeck thanked her for "taking the shackles off" the show's debate.

Rosie said that her final decision was made when she took a vote with her kids on what to do. One of the kids, says Ro, didn't understand why everyone came up to her when she was in public and told her, "You got to get rid of that [job]."

Then it was business as usual on "The View," as the ladies went on to bash Bush and talk "Dancing with the Stars."

Wendy

Loved the View because of Rosie. Good luck to you!!!!

JEAN-O

YEE-HA!!!!!!
Goodbye and good riddance to the TRAITOR and her filthy anti-American rants!
to say nothing of her flaunting her lifestyle every day!
Wonder where she'll turn up next?
Maybe in a mud wrestling pit..................

ROsita

Dear Persons of US:
When I first sneak into America, I need was poor and need job. I getting the welfare and make it in here. Rosie stands for what me beleive two. I no she likes us "illegul immigrants" and knows her...how you say...politicul platform is gud for americans and illeguls like me. this day is shame for us. me love the liberuls in US, the'y take care of us, and hope that she will run for presiedenta of US. Viva la Rosie.
---Juan

Edguardo

Hey #62, when I want a "fresh take" on the news, I don't go to Rosie O'Donnell.

I can get more facts by reading the National Enquirer.

#63, well put. You hit it, "Spot On".

an yone

Who in the world wants to hear Alec Baldwins excuse for abusing his daughter... And I am glad Rosie is leaving....NO more "Liberal" rant everyday......

rosiefan

Rosie added new life to The View. I won't be watching when she leaves. Elisabeth is the one who should be leaving!

sara

Just like in the former USSR. Keep guiet or else.

Jill

Right wing approved female hosts for The View:

Barbara Bush

Ann Coulter

cindy

Good riddance! The woman has become unhinged anyway

Laura Lu

Too bad that dumb Donald Trump thinks he has that much power to get Rosie to leave. What an arrogant man!

tookie

Rosie was the best thing to happen to The View in years. Who else has the guts to bash the Donald for his constant self promotion. Love you Rosie the View will once again revert to being just a regular boring talk show.

allison

The whole should be canceled,joy is a potty mouth and thats putting it mildly,we dont need people like that on tv,these people have issues they need to deal with,disney has really lowered thier standards in morals and patriotism while we are at war with terrorist and our troops are putting thier lives on the line , one is my 20 year old son willing to die to defend our wonderful country. Rosie and Joy go back to the comedy clubs where you belong or just go away .

Edguardo

Come home to Mamma, sweetie. No need for you take all of this abuse.

We can play with the kids, bake cupcakes and then you can "Eat Me".

PROUD NAVY MOM

The people that do not like Ro are those who do not like strong women who speak their minds. She is the reason we live where we do and she has every right to say what she wants. My Son is fighting for that right. Today, check what page the war is mentioned on in your local paper? The war has taken a back seat to Alec Baldwin, VT, Anna Nicole, you name it. Anyone know or care 9 more troops killed yesterday? No, you would rather bash Rosie. Wake up people! I support all our men and women but not this President and his Good Ol' Boys. Take your angry words and your hidden frustrations and put them to work in getting this President impeached.

carol ard

I bet lying Barbara has at least 3 possible replacements and has had them for a long while!