Sanjaya's Mom

Popped for

Growing Piles of Pot

4/25/2007 6:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0426_sanjaya_mom_mugshot-1Maybe that's why Sanjaya's always got that goofy grin on his face! Turns out that Sanjy's mom, Jillian Blith, used to be a pot-growing potentate -- and that his sister Shyamali was no stranger to the art of toking herself.

The Momjaya was pinched by the Pierce County Sheriff's Department in February 2005 in Pierce County, Wash. after they found 310 marijuana plants -- and the Sis-jaya keeping watch with a bag of weed and "smoking devices" -- in the Malakar family garage, as the National Enquirer first smoked out today.

But -- buzzkill -- Shyamali, who was arrested for possession, directed the cops to another green-growing facility nearby, where they arrested Blith and her husband, Charles Quist (Sanjaya's stepdad). Quist's mugshot, obtained by TMZ, bears a striking resemblance to Gary Sinise, a very blitzed Gary Sinise. (We're told there's a mugshot of Shyamali, but it can't be made public because she was only 17 at the time of the bust.)

Celeb Mugshots gallery: Click to launch photos

Blith could've gone to jail for up to five years after pleading guilty to one felony count of unlawful manufacturing of a controlled substance, but got off with a relatively mellow 30-day sentence.

Just one word more: Ganja-ya!

george vieto

No wonder Sanjaya looked like a caroon character from Merrie Melodies.

Robin

As so many ex Idols have realized think about your past and that of your parents. Web sites love to dig dirt. If this is ture Sanjaya's family why did it not become aware sooner?

ugh

his momma looks like a coked up yasmine bleeth.

Mike

this is all so not true. A friend of the family who knows a person at my church said that the plants were probably tomato plants and were mistaken for marijuana. I don't know why people want to say bad things about these stars like Paris, Nichole and all the rest of these people who just now trying to get started in life.

LMFAO

I don't know about everyone here but I feel kind of sorry for Sanjaya, he is a 17 year old kid who thinks that he is entertaining people by appearing of all these shows, when the reality is that people are laughing at him not with him. The presenters of the shows act like school bullies and tease him in front of the world just because he is a naive kid who wants to be an entertainer ( eg his appearence on Letterman), and now drugs... I think it's just sad!!!!

she smiled

I want to party with them!!! All of them!!!!

sachet

Harvey Levin and the TMZ staff are thugs.

VIRGIE IS A HO

Sanjaya can't choose his parents, but he can create his future. Don't punish this cutie pie for living the American dream!
I give him an enormous amount of credit for overcoming these obstacles. Why are people so cruel and jealous?
Sanjaya hang in there, you're the bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don''t let anyone break your spirit. Hollywood loves to take you up and then take you down!! Just overlook them and continue to perform. You gavethe world and AI something to talk about!! Next year, when the public forgets the others , you will always be remembered!!
Have fun and good luck

Genevieve

LEGALIZE IT!!!!

PrettyIrishWoman

TMZ, I think you're getting worse and worse as time goes by in printing sensationalism. Sanjaya has a sweet spirit to him. Why do you have to trash his mom and step-dad and hurt Sanjaya in the interim? It's not the teen's fault. This headline was totally inappropriate.

echo

Sanjaya has been a pain in America's side. He is either bery oblivious or is eating more than his 15 minutes of fame. Sanjaya an actor....ha..the boy cant even sing. His sister sang better than he did.
Tonight when comments were made about him he was too stupid to realize that they were negative jibes, not joking.

Will he ever go away?????????????

Madeleine

I think this is hitting a new time low for the Enquirer and for TMZ. I saw the article about Larry Birkheads gay secret life last week in the Enquiorer and I wrote them a letter, I don't usually do that but I wanted them to know I thought it was a new low for them and I wouldn't buy their rag anymore, and I won't. I had admiration for TMZ because they didn't jump on the bandwagon, kudos to them, now this article on Sanjaya. I can see that Someone at TMZ doesn't like sanjaya, probably Harvey Levin who is moonlighting as a court reporter on some TV court show, and also is a regular on Gretas show as someone in the know about the Anna Nicole smith case and Larry Birkheads case, and now of course, Alec Baldwwin, no need to ask where that leak came from. This Sanjaya pic is cruel and it's bad enough that Sanjaya is made a fool of by everyone from the Judges to the tabloids, why, I don't know, I think he's a nice personable young man who I found very entertaining and good natured. His father was in the audience a few weeks ago and he was East Indian, I don't know how Sanjis mother hooked up with this guy but what has this got to do with Sanjaya? All it does is make TMZ look like a bunch of creeps who are scrambling for a story, any story regardless of who it hurts. They can't post the sisters mug shot because she was 17 at the time, Sanjaya is 17 and they posted his picture right on top of his Mothers mug shot . Nice going Tmz. I hope they sue your ass. If sanjaya was booted off the show last week that makes him old news, why does this boy bother everyone so much, he didn't win, so whats your problem. Hes gone. I guess they want to make sure Disney or Nicalodian doesn't pick him up, God forbid he should make something of himself, I hope to hell he does and he slams the door in the face of every tabloid reporter out there. Oh that's right, he's going on tour with American Idol, maybe this will fix that too, how do you people sleep at night?

wth

children should not carry the burden of their parents or grandparents not so perfect pic of life

LiveTVFan

And this is news...in what way?

I say if it happened in the a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away and nobody got hurt or died from it, it probably doesn't need to be mentioned again. Especially if it doesn't include the guy who's taking the heat for it (in this case Sanjaya).

I'm not even a Sanjaya fan (don't hate him just wasn't pulling for him) but I think this is another one of those cases where the tabloids are trying hard yet falling short.

Hello Kitty