Birkhead's Bahamian Exit Blocked

4/26/2007 4:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Virgie Arthur has filed an appeal, attempting to block Larry Birkhead's ability to take baby Dannielynn to the U.S.
Virgie and Larry
Arthur has objected to a judge's ruling allowing Birkhead to take his little girl to the States, providing that he returns with his baby for a June 9 custody hearing.

Arthur's appeal is unusual to say the least, since she is a grandmother who herself lives in the U.S. Ironically, she is the one who argued that Anna and Daniel be buried in Texas and not the Bahamas. Now, she wants Anna's child to stay in the Bahamas.

There will be public court hearing tomorrow. Stay tuned.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

janice

Virgie stand your ground!! Stay on Sterns butt!!! Anna and Daniel need justice so they can rest in peace. I am so sorry for your loss. You are a strong woman. God Bless You. Do not let the devil get to you.

janice

Anna was a grown woman who made mistakes. Stern was the biggest! Virgie we love you and support you. Virgie I know you are probably filled with ifs and if only's but it is not your fault. Please do not let these people get to you. You had two of your family members taken away not only in death but life too. One can only speculate but there is no telling what Anna and Daniel went through their last days on earth. But God knows and we all have our judgement day. Stay srong Virgie, God will carry you through.

Karen

Virgie should take a page from Larry's mother....be the grandmother, dote on the child when you can and let Larry raise his daughter.

Ali Powers

I posted way back when these Threads began , that after more pieces of the PUZZLE fell into place, that you would see Howard isn't like a lot of you were accusing him of.

Don't you think that after 12 years with ANNA as a close confidant etc, that he heard plenty about VIRGIE from ANNA. That is why he was so adamant about VIRGIE'S involvement with the baby.

I am still puzzled though about his easy giving in to LARRY. The only answer I can think of is that when he finally knew he was not the BIO father, he thought it best for DANNIELYNN to not fight. Maybe in his talks with ANNA, he knew that if LARRY was the BIO dad, she would have eventually felt differently.

Curious how, HOWARD is going to get back to his LIFE, Ali

luckylady

Vergie, you ought to be ashamed of yourself. It is no wonder Anna wanted nothing to do with you. After your recent behaviour and show of disrespect for Larry Birkhead, if I were him I wouldn't let you within 100 miles of that baby. Don't you think Larry has been through enough the past couple of months and will be for the coming years raising a baby by himself? Imagine all the explaining he will have to do someday. Shame on you.

whatnow

The figures for the OK pics keep getting bigger but folks I'm in the business and the US taxes its citizens on all $ they make no matter where - so uncle sam will get his 35% - you might delay it but whatever - my point is so the baby has to pay nanny while dad works - house cause dad ain't got one etc. we don't know who is the trustee but my point is this will go awfully fast in California terms - none of these people have anything except what they can sell today - LB should go to KY get a reasonable home near his parents and raise his daughter very quietly - anything he gets you can bet Opri will be there to grab.

SUN

You know, I firmly believe Virgie was/is jealouse of her own daughter.
I am only drawing from my own personal experience with my mother. I too was sexually abused at age 5, and had to witness many things a young child shouldnt.

That left a permanant affect on me. I always and still feel like I am never good enough. My mother was selfish and chose to live her own life, above the needs of me. My mother had a good-old time with men and drugs.

What example did I have? Like Anna, I had no father in my life. I grew to hate men, and only wanted to use them- hey they used me, or abandoned me.

My mother only wanted me around, when she profited. Any good that came my way she sabatoged, or wanted to take credit. Virgie, reminds me very much of my mother. Anna, had sense to move away, and never look back.

Anna was a mess, but I know why. Virgie, for once put your daughters wishes first.

Quiet

Just on court TV.
Vergie sanctioned $3,000, by court and Larry can leave YIPPEE !!!!!!

dorothy

Vergie know this if you are nice to your grandbabies parents theyw ill always let you have access to the grand babies... Your making it very hard for Larry to be nice in teh future... If you are doing this so if you get what you want you can then sue you are doing it for the wrong reasons.... very bad, very bad and very sad.... Let this man live and bond with his child in a normal way... Its not like you had a normal relationship, if you think any judge will let you raise this child you are crazy.... You would have to prove larry unfit and I am sure he will be thee best dad and son ever... Vergie listen to your husband he does not want to work the rest of his life paying all the bills are making, maybe he now realizes a few things about you him self and move on to. You should be enjoying your retirement spending your money on visiting this child in the future not giving it to the lawyers.. I hope the US court system tells you to just go home and Larry is a better man than you are proving to be a grandmother and mom.... This is not your baby you can not get her to prove to a dead Anna that you can.... Let the man have his child raise her as he wants and let him do these things without you butting in every step of the way... If in the future if she continues to be a nutcase get a retstraing order kep her out of your life, she is proving to be toxic. What she is doing is obviously not normal... I have a suggestion contact Dr Phil maybe you can go on his show with her and he can talk some sence into her... Good luck larry and God be with you always.. she is so cute...

phoebe

Not sure if this has already been reported here yet so...I just heard on Court TV that the court in the Bahamas rejected her appeal and VA was sanctioned $3,000 for what they call a frivolous filing. They say LB is expected to leave with HIS child shortly.

shirliana

NASSAU GOVERNMENT - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE KICK THAT BITCH VIRGIE AUTHUR OUT OF YOUR COUNTRY. SHE IS CAUSING MORE PROBLEMS THAN ANYTHING ELSE. IF THAT CONTINUES, TOURISMS WILL GO DOWN..... I F SHE DOES NOT HAVE ANY MONEY, PLEASE SOMEONE , BUY HER A ONEWAY TICKET BACK TO TEXAS WITH AN ADDENDUM THAT SHE **NEVER ** FOOT AGAIN IN NASSAU.... THAT PAPER SHOULD BE SIGNED BY A RIGH RATING OFFICIAL OF THE GOVERNMENT... I LOVE NASSAU AND LET ME TELL YOU WITH ALL THIS HAPPENING, PEOPLE WILL NOT SPEND MONEY TO SPEND A VACATIONTHERE ...

jacforjustice

Virgiesaid she expected today's outcome but has a US strategy in the works. When is the "Fat lady gonna sing"???

phoebe

Sorry Quiet! I didn't see your message before I posted mine.

nana

Larry looks exhausted. He is probably worried about his father. He wants to go and see his father.

Virgie, Let Larry Leave with Daniellynn., and leave a good feeling knowing that Larry is the true biological father of Daniellynn.

You said you wanted just to be a Grandma. Act like one!

from a Nana of 4!

Glad I'm Poor

Did Anna give Dqniel to Virgie to raise for six years or did Virgie take Daniel away from Anna for six years? Does anyone know?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments