Gwen and P!nk

Cut From "Idol Gives Back"

4/26/2007 3:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

While no contestants were eliminated on "American Idol" last night, two other singers were -- Gwen Stefani and P!nk!

0427_stefani_pink-1

Last night's "A.I." charity benefit concert, "Idol Gives Back," included performances by Kelly Clarkson, Josh Groban -- even a pre-taped-from-the-crypt Celine Dion/Elvis Presley duet -- which TMZ exclusively revealed on Monday. But Gwen and P!nk -- who had been previously announced as participants -- failed to get any screen time! Oh no they dit'nt!

Both Gwen and P!nk had pre-taped their performances, so their appearances just needed to be edited into the "live" telecast. Sources tell TMZ that the lovely ladies were "cut for time," and their segments should air on upcoming episodes of "Idol."

Well, thank God they found time for that idiotic "Stayin' Alive" montage and Il Divo!

Lover Of L.A.M.B

Awe! Man, they could have for SURE put them in! I'm almost happy that Gwen didn't get it. Not that I don't like her, I LOVE that girl, she is the best singer on the face of the earth! But, I was out on the strip that night, till 11 p.m. It came on at 8 p.m., so I was affraid that I didn't set the time on my tv for it to record automaticaly, so I wanted to go home, but I thought I might be able to find it on YouTube.com. I didn't worry.

I woke up the next morning, watched the news,(they said NOTHING about P!nk) but they were raving that Gwen had diched the set earlier because she got pissed off. I knew that the story couldn't be true, Gwen is a fun loving, perfectly perfect (and let me say, she has called herself a...) and a big dork. :-) She would never leave a charity, and plus, she was on TOUR! Not to mention with her son, Kingston, in tow. It's not like she could just walk out of her live concert to show a pre-taped performance... yet, she had already made one. Why couldn't they cut down chat time for these amazing singers? I think people should ask THESE questions to the AMERICAN IDOL staff, not blaming the poor (well, not so POOR) singers who had every right to be on that show.

Yes, Gwen was on the "A.I." a few wekks before, and she said that she would be ON the actual show. Now, I don't know a thing about the P~nk situation, but Gwen's is simple. She was just starting her tour, probably stressed, and her baby added more stress than she could pretty much handle. Then, she hadn't seen her hubby, Gavin Rossdale(of Bush), until her last concert, here in LV, NV. She pre-taped her performance, and they really should have aired the songs that her and P!nk sang. That would have put the finishing touches on the show. And, I bet a lot of people who where in the crowd were dissapointed as they left the show, both of the pop-stars are beautiful and Gwen is an awesome performer, and for all I know, P!nk is a good perfomer (I've never seen her perform) they really should have been on the show.

JESSICA

To exclude Gwen was a mistake...to exclude Pink, helped people everywhere not hear this horrible singer and tramp. Pink is do untalented that she should crawl into the same hole her hubby climbs in.......its about as big as the bitches mputh...I was happy not to have to listen to that PINK SLUT!!!!!

Just my opinion

I ain't no holla back girl..........

rgvbadboi

good both of these Chicks SUCK..can't stand Gwen and her corny ass music....

ANNETTE

The View is now a dead show. Proof will be how quickly the ratings drop once Rosie is gone. Then watch how huge they will be when people know she will be on as a guest host!!!

Love her, she is simply the best there is today. The show today Thursday, was great, she was so upbeat and happy. She is intelligent, honest, courageous, articulate and funny, naturally funny. Love Love Her. I will no longer watch the View now that Rosie will not be on. Watching an old lady, like Barbara who is as good as who gets her last, a too young and inexperienced girl like Elizabeth who sounds like a high pitched irritating machine gun when she starts on her rants. And, well, poor Joy I like her, but she is a has been. Sorry guys, but...................like Rosie, I call em like I see em!!!!

GINA

THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN THE HIGHLIGHTS. THEY WOULD HAVE PUT SOME SPUNK INTO OTHER BLA PERFORMANCES. I LOVE KELLY CLARKSON, BUT HER PERFORMANCE WAS BORING, SO WAS ANNIE LENNOX, JOSH BROGON AND IL DIVO. I KNOW IT WAS A SERIOUS MATTER, BUT DID THE PERFORMANCES HAVE TO BE SOOOOOOO SOMBER???? PUT ME TO SLEEP..

Tired and Ready for A Nap

I could have done without Il Divo. However, the "staying alive' thing was sort of cute. Helen Mirren was great. Why was Harvey Weinstein in there and how old is Goldie Hawn anyway?

CrawfordSF

What's wrong with Il Divo? They are fantastic and handsome!

stoopit

who cares who got perform, the point is they raised $30 million.

Balderdash

Since when did Il Divo qualify as a pop act? This is almost as absurd as Pavarotti duetting with Bono.

Tricia

I love the pic you guys chose for Gwen! lmao Anyway, I wish that had of played those two artists instead of wasting time in other areas of the show. They could have easily cut some chatter and had enough time to put these ladies in. I could have lived with Ben Stiller over-kill comedy. It was kind of cute, but it just took way too much time. Ryan's chatter too could have been cut down. I could have lived without seeing Carrie Underwood PRETENDING to be a nice person... Carrie has a reputation as a rude diva with fans and industry people. She's even said herself that she's a bitch. Every since she got that third nipple removed she's been hell on wheels I guess.

NavGuy

The REASON for Il Divo is simple: they put Cowell's music career on the map!!! The whole show was a nepotistic endeavor.

Glass half full

Of course II Divo was on. They are owned by Simon Cowell.... DUH! Personally, I like Gwen and P!nk. Opnions are like assholes, everyone has one.

Action Jackson

I'm a fan of Gwen but she was on the show for two nights, just a couple of weeks ago. Pink would have been ok but I didn't miss her. I would imagine II Divo was there to get a wider audience, thus more money for donations. It's not my type of music but I can see why they did it. And as for the "Stayin' Alive" video, I thought it was really cool. I liked it so much I downloaded it at iTunes. And the average rating there for the video is 4 1/2 stars out of 5 so I'm not the only one who liked it.

Lastly, it's all for a charity so how can we be so critical. I doubt many people who performed got paid. Anyways, that's my 2 cents.

JENNIFER ANNISTON LITE

THOSE WHITE GIRLS ARE UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DAMN THEY ARE FUGLY IN THOSE PICTURES. MUST BE FUGLY IN REAL LIFE TOO!

GOD COVER THOSE CHICKS FACES. TALIBAN WHERE ARE YOU WHEN WE NEED BIRKAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments