Gwen and P!nk

Cut From "Idol Gives Back"

4/26/2007 3:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

While no contestants were eliminated on "American Idol" last night, two other singers were -- Gwen Stefani and P!nk!

0427_stefani_pink-1

Last night's "A.I." charity benefit concert, "Idol Gives Back," included performances by Kelly Clarkson, Josh Groban -- even a pre-taped-from-the-crypt Celine Dion/Elvis Presley duet -- which TMZ exclusively revealed on Monday. But Gwen and P!nk -- who had been previously announced as participants -- failed to get any screen time! Oh no they dit'nt!

Both Gwen and P!nk had pre-taped their performances, so their appearances just needed to be edited into the "live" telecast. Sources tell TMZ that the lovely ladies were "cut for time," and their segments should air on upcoming episodes of "Idol."

Well, thank God they found time for that idiotic "Stayin' Alive" montage and Il Divo!

ME

The show has it's good points, but the worst was it's "prank" on Jordin. I cannot believe someone authorized that to happen. Put the "shoe on the other foot" Ryan, judges, producers....how would you feel? I hope she recovers and WINS the whole thing. That was absolutely the rudest, most atrocious thing I've seen in a long time.

Me

I LOVE Kelly Clarkson, so this is not meant to be a putdown at all...but is it just me imagining this, or did she gain a LOT of weight? I kept looking at her and thinking I barely recognized her, and yet when I've seen paparazzi pics lately, she doesn't look heavy at all.

LK

II Divo is total crap. There is only 1 guy in the whole group that has any talent. The only reason they were on was because of Simon. Minus them, the show was filled with some very talented people! Loved Josh Groban and the African children's choir!

legal

I was reading through comments. Nobody mentioned how much money they donated. And if Simon owns Il Divo(whoever they are) so be it. He went to Africa that in my eyes is quite a step up for him as a person. He saw the problems he tried to help, so did Paula and Randy and Ryan. I am surprised that Kelly C. was praised for her performance and Carrie Underwood was not (Carrie Underwood went to Africa and was quite sincere). And besides let's be quite honest: Carrie sounds so much better than Kelly. But again it's the matter of taste and the intent was to help people who needed help. Thanks for that!

dailyfix

Okay, guys......the pictures you posted of the girls are terrible!! You must have something better!

Balderdash

Il Divo are the operatic Backstreet Boys except they have less testosterone.

Bethany

Hey... I happened to really like that idiotic Stayin Alive Montage.!!!! And couldnt care less about Gwen or Pink..

Get a grip

Pink rocks - would have liked to see her. Already saw enough of Gwen. Celine and Elvis thing was cool. The Simpsons thing with Simon was hysterical. Great to see lots of money made for kids who need it.
The End

Debra

I was looking forward to seeing Pink. I agree that the "staying alive" skit was painful to watch..ugh...White People Can't Dance....embarrassing. BUT WOW..WHEN ELIVS WALKED OUT ON STAGE...MY EYES TEARED UP. Awesome...great job..and thankfully I didn't see where my TMZ spoiled the surprise by announceing the secret the Monday before the show. Shame on you guys. I still love ya.

some guy

Its sickening to see celebrities ask us to give $25... Brad Pitt makes $25 MILLION per movie... Simon is worth over half a BILLION! Why make thousands of regular people donate to add up to $30 million when the celebrities could each EASILY give a million and not even miss it. Sick.

Trish

BORAT was also supposed to be part of the show.

stac

A average college girl's review of 'Idol Gives Back'

TLOYL

HA! I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that Il Divo performance was craptacular. Seriously, I would have rather seen Sangyna sing again. Well, ok, maybe not....

who cares?

that all SUCK---!!

Amanda

well its obvious why they cut them. is because they put more musicians that are for the older crowd, like earth, wind and fire, celine dion and elvis and II DIVO. they have all the money. not the kids. parent and adult have the credit cards and atm cards to donate that money. not teens. makes sense though.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments