Sayonara Zarf!

4/26/2007 3:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

With her transition from male British rock star to lesbian school marm now complete, daytime TV's favorite transgendered heroine, Zarf/Zoe, made her last pantyhosed prance on "All My Children."

Having educated the good people of Pine Valley on the wonders of gender reassignment, Zarf set out for the European leg of her transformational tour, but not before giving a heartfelt thanks to Erica Kane -- woman to woman.

Zarf, played by Jeffrey Carlson, made television history as the first transgendered lesbian character on a daytime soap. With his updos and Talbots suits behind him, Carlson will now star in The Shakespeare Theater Company's production of "Hamlet" in D.C.

Fly little Zarf, fly!

Barb

That's great news! I might start watching AMC, again. That storyline was ridiculous and nothing I wanted to watch.
Besides, I read that Adam's going wacko over Tad and Crystal's baby.
Hopefully, that horrible Zarf won't return to Pine Valley.

r

barb you should be more open minded about people! there are more people in this world just like her/him that are being punished by people because of JUDGEMENTS made by people like you! GOD is our judge not you!

who cares?

FREAK!!!

who cares?

roy--go yo hell with the rest of the freaks

r

just because i am gay does not mean i am a freak... maybe you are the freak because you attack innocent people!

Oh Please

OH please ~ let's shelve the "you have to be open minded because there are poor transgender lesbian sex change patients in the world" crap and remember that this is still AMERICA and if the woman does not want to watch Barf on AMC, which has gone down the tubes the past 10 years, then she does not HAVE to watch it. It is still a free society ~ or at least it is free for every oddball nutjob on earth. God forbid if you try to cling to some values, because then you are closed minded and evil. This has nothing to do with discrimination, unless it is against the awful team of writers they've hired over there at AMC.

ONE WHO KNOWS

THE MOMENT ALL MY CHILDREN DECIDED TO MAKE BIANCA A LESBIAN, I DECIDED TO QUIT WATCIHNG ALL MY CHILDREN.

TO ME, A SOAP OPERA WAS A FORM OF ESCAPE. I WANTED TO BE ENTERTAINED BY THE RESIDENTS OF PINE VALLEY.
THE PEOPLE THERE WERE FINE THE WAY THEY WERE.
WE COULD COUNT ON PALMER TO STIR UP A LITTLE TROUBLE AND ERICA TO DO HER THING, AND BROOKE TO DO HER THING WITH TAD.
MOST OF ALL, INSTEAD OF WASTING THE TIME THAT RUTH WARRICK HAD LEFT ON THAT SOAP, YOU ABANDONED HER FOR SENSATIONALISM!!
YOU DID A GREAT DISSERVICE TO RUTH AND HER TALENT!!!
THE MOMENT YOU INTRODUCED BIANCA AS A LESBIAN, PINE VALLEY TURNED INTO A REALITY SERIES, AND IT MADE THE OTHER CHARACTERS DISAPPEAR. BECAUSE ALL MY CHILDREN, WHAT MADE IT A HIT IN THE FIRST PLACE IS THAT PINE VALLEY WAS AMELLOW PLACE. IF ANYTHING DRAMATIC HAPPENED, IT WAS BECAUSE ERICA WAS TRYING TO TRICK SOMEONE, AND THINGS LIKE THAT.
IF THEY WERE GOING TO INTRODUCE A LESBIAN, THEN IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN SOMEONE WHO CAME FROM OUT OF TOWN, THEN USE THAT STORYLINE, AND THEN SEND THE PERSON BACK FROM WHERE THEY CAME FROM.
INSTEAD YOU MADE BIANCA A LESBIAN, AND THAT SEEMED SO FORCED ON THE PART OF AMC, AS WELL AS THE ENTIRE CAST.
I KNOW THAT THE MAJORITY OF THE CAST DID NOTO WANT THIS STORYLINE.
BUT THEY HAD CONTRACTS TO FULFILL, SO THE AMC PRODUCERS PUSHED THEM INTO IT.
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIMA AMC WON AN EMMY FOR BEST SOAP????
THE YEAR BEFORE THEY INTRODUCED THE LESBIAN STORYLINE!!!!!!!
NEED I SAY MORE?!

r

u go tawnya

who cares?

roy--i feel so bad for you

who cares?

dear roy--do you cry when you fart?

oshkaa

WHERES MY POST

Riann

Anyone that couldn't manage to appreciate the Zarf/Zoe storyline is ridiculously closed minded, judgemental, homophobic and didn't even give the character a chance. Zarf/Zoe was a breath of fresh air as he/she was unlike anything I have ever seen in the 30 years I have been watching Daytime Soaps. Jeffrey Carlson is a brilliant actor, and I couldn't possibly imagine anyone else ever stepping into this role. I for one will miss his presence in Pine Valley, but I adored his performances so much I may actually try to get tickets to see Jeffrey perform in "Hamlet". I hope to see him in more roles in the future, including a possible return to Pine Valley somewhere down the road. Good Luck to you Jeffrey! You should be proud of what you accomplished on AMC.

oshkaa

agree with barb story line was terrible.never should had one our reg favorites have to play the part to be paired with Z

oshkaa

iTS ONLY ME you are silly. how could you enjoy this story line ??????

Amber

Meems...Pine Valley a mellow place? What the hell show have you been watching? Nothing is mellow in Pine Valley, that's what makes it a SOAP OPERA. If it were mellow, it would be boring and no one would watch it.

I'm going to miss Zoe too. She was a great person and Jeffrey is a wonderful actor. I think he deserves an award for this one!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments