Alec Baldwin

Gives His "View"

4/27/2007 11:38 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0425_baldwin_tmz-1Alec Baldwin was welcomed with applause to a sitdown in a taped segment that aired on "The View" today, with Baldwin giving a heartfelt and somber tale of parental alienation that drove him to the boiling point.

Baldwin said that his "deep and endless frustration" in being unable to communicate with his daughter, Ireland, led him to misdirect his anger to the child, because he "can't address the other person in this dynamic," but stopped short of mentioning Kim Basinger.

The "30 Rock" star went on to address the topic of parental alienation and his frustration with a litigious and complicated custody battle. Baldwin said he was sorry for all those who were offended ... also mentioning how many people he'd heard from who had either been abused by a parent, or frustrated with an ex-wife, and those who were alienated from their children.

Alec's Done

Alec is SCUM!!!!

Jody

I think it's very important that both parents be in a chids life as much as possible so the child knows that although his/her parents are not together for whatever reason they both love the child unconditionally. Except in a situation like this where one parent (Alec Baldwin) is a complete asshole. I didn't buy his pathetic performance on the View. I think he's a control freak who can't handle that fact that because of his anger issue (and probably alot of other reasons) his daughter prefers to be with her mother. Unfortunately because she's still young the court probable encourages joint custody even if one parent is a psycho.

lin

I think Dr.Phil should buy a nice large sofa and have Alec, Imus, Sharpton, Michael Richards, and Hugh Grant join him for one big Blamefest ,and find out how to vent ,in a more constructive way, with out appointing a scapegoat. The only reason they all suddenly had epiphinies were due to the fact ,that they were outted for they're uncontrolled behavior. Alec acts as ifthis was the first time, he was the boiling point and he exploded at that moment he felt he was being made a jerk of. Guess what Alec, tweens and teens are at the point in their lives when their friends, activities, schoolwork, phonework, clothing and hanging out come before the "Special" relationship you think you share with your daughter. Move out of Denialcity already. I did. I like so many other parents have been there, privately and have sought out help, for proper parenting, talking out your frustrations, and applying love. It just angers me that because of the exposure, you all feel so sorry for all your rants. It doesn't seem sincere. shut up about it and seek the help you need to start the healing.

Gidget

Another side of the coin ...

In this state where I reside, FL, my daughter visits interstate with a father who remains abusive towards me and otherwise.

For years I have had to listen to his BS regarding PA and more.

When speaking the truth of one's abusiveness it is not PA!

The dynamics involved go deep into the realm of domestic violence and abuse.

In spite of numerous displays of public aggressiveness Alec Baldwin tries to spin his behavior as if the doing of Kim B.

It is frightening to think that any Judge would be manipulated in believing this abuser.

Tearing up, soft spoken and more - all an act.

Although having sole physical custody my ex took it upon himself to take over physical custody and the FL Court looked the other way.

He refused to return the minor child following a scheduled visitation period.

He denied me custody and custodial access and phone communication for well over one week.

He could not be found by law enforcement and they could not locate my daughter.

He was ordered to return her 'forthwith' by one Judge in MA however he disregarded this order of the Court and he refused to do that, which was required of him.

He made himself scarce avoiding service of a summons the Judge issued on my behalf and he played a cat and mouse game between states with the child.

He remains claiming to this day that all of this occurred because of someone's else's fault - the child's!

He remains with his visitation rights intact!

He takes no responsibility for violating my sole custodial rights and/or the damage and harm the child suffered including with regards to her education.

He also claimed that I was mentally unstable, a drug user, an alcoholic, having prescriptions drugs prescribed to me although I did not take them and more to the Court - all allegations found by the Court to be unfounded.

Claims made similar to Alec Baldwin although providing no material or credible evidence to support his claims made.

Although a third degree felony [interference with custody and concealment of the child] the Judge in my case first refused to regard his refusal to return her home to FL as an emergency situation, which is the mindset in most cases in this cases [thankfully the MA did] and law enforcement had the mindset that this was simply a domestic matter.

She then did not think the child was at risk allowing for interstate visitation to remain intact.

Why, because so long as the child was with her father why the emergency.

NCP's want you to believe the world is against them, however, custodial parents are held to a higher standard in the eyes of the Court.

I have been divorced since 2000 and since that time there has been an endless number of court proceedings in both states due to my ex's ongoing harassment of me.

I regard Alec Baldwin as being no different than my ex who once claimed himself to be 'perfect'.

Neither men do wrong and everyone [former spouse] causes them to behave the way they do.

DENIALS are what we, who are targeted, hear more often than not.

When kidnapping my daughter my ex faced no reprimand.

As the custodial parent I have been held to a higher standard though including one visitation period where she was in the hospital - I was held in Contempt for denying him his weekend visitation period while she was in the hospital!

PA is a crock full of **** as if one sided [women against men].

I do not have a bleeding heart for any NCP especially when one is as abusive as Alec Baldwin appears to be.

emilytoo

He's just making things worse by bad mouthing Kim.

Does anyone actually know if the little girl has heard the tape? And do we know for sure who leaked it?

There are so many things wrong with this story - I think it's all publicity stunts. Well timed, at that, but in very bad taste. I for one, will not waste my money on his films, even though I've always like most of his performances.

memememem

OH, and maybe Kim B is keeping her daughter away for a REASON??? HELLO??? would you want your kid abused by their other parent this way?

Sydney

What baffles me is this "PR" campaign. Why in the world is Mr. Baldwin apologizing to the public and explaining the situation to the public?

He needs to keep his mouth shut, get counseling and attempt to improve his communications with his daughter, that don't include blaming everyone else for his issues. That "wait, wait wait, lemme explain to everybody what the REAL issues are" doesn't take back anything that he directed at his daughter or repair it.

Actually for all the bravado he showed on the voicemail, his attempts to mitigate responsibility for his own actions, make him appear less than the man he claims to be. Its like the wife-abuser that blames the wife for making him so angry.

I don't feel for him or his dilemma, I feel for his daughter.

LISA

I listened to Alec on the View and I have no sympathy for this man at all!! So parental alienation drove him to leave that kind of a message for his daughter and theaten her like that?? Please!! Alec has a history of showing his temper and I truly believe that's why Kim and he split, but irregardless there is no reason he can give that would justify that kind of a message being left for an eleven year old!
So let me ask all of you who are so sympathetic with Alec when he ends up killing either Kim or his daughter it'll be ok because parental alienatin drove him to it right??
I guess OJ was innocent too!!

sherbrook

BooHoo !!
Not all frustrated parents act this way Mr. Baldwin. Not too smart to appear on TV, and of course this is a new low for Walters and Rosie.
Ever wonder why the mother is keeping her child away from this man, could it be because he is aggressive and abusive? we sure have seen some potential there.

me

NO body said it wasn't wrong for Alec to call his daughter a pig. We all agree it's mean. I just think that all of you Alec bashers are focusing in on that and not looking at the big picture. Tunnel vision is what you guys are experiencing.

Tina

Tina #47 - Alec sounds sorry only because that voice message was made public.

Alec's Done

Alec interupting Barbara Walters. If he wwas the last PUKE on Earth. He's a PUKE

linda

Just watched Alec Baldwin on the View. I listened to him, thought maybe he has a point.....then BAM!! He had to insult his daughter's mother "she wakes her up yelling get the H** up......" are you kidding me? Did he have to say that? Too bad the View gave him a forum, boy he almost had me. But, of course, a tiger does not change his stripes. Once an abuser, always an abuser. He only went on the view so that he could once again slam Kim. The problem being "he does not understand, that he doesn't understand". Good Riddance smart alec

Stan

"You are all retarded. I'm going to venture out here and say not a single one of you know KIm or Alec, yet you are all posting like you know first hand what's going on.........GET A LIFE!"

Alienation and a do-whatever-the-woman-wants family court system is factual.

I've been through it. You can buy criminal court justice ala OJ and MJ. In family court a man has to first work his way up to zero. That's unfortunate, there are tons of good dads out there. And kids do better with a Dad in their life, every study shows this fact...you name it...it improves.

After the divorce most men have no rights or recourse when the Mom gets vindictive. The courts will not help you. Many men suicide or abandon hope out of pain. It does not have to be like that.

Stan

Alienation and a do-whatever-the-woman-wants family court system is factual.